Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2010, 12:33   #1
BHPian

How Many Kilometers Santro Would Run For??

Hello Gyus,

I own Hyundai Santro zip drive 2001 model and has done 60K so far. The car has been trouble free so far.

I am just curious to know how many kilometer it would go and what I have to do for that (maintainance wise).

I do not wish to change/buy a new car immediate and I use this car for my daily commute from home to office & back and occassional long trips on weekends making an average of 100 kms/day.
Old 31st October 2010, 12:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

Regular servicing and oil changes/ flushing when required will make this car run for as longer as you would like it to. I have seen a 1999 vintage ran 1.75 lah kms and still running just like new, so well it was maintained by a gujju (no overhaul of the engine). Mine has covered about 85000 kms and still accelerates smoothly and can be insanely fast. Just peoper maintenance required. I change oil between 5000-7500 kms depending upon my running and places where my car goes.
Old 31st October 2010, 13:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

9 years and only 60k on the Odo.?

Well,this car will will last for another 60-70k without any niggles if you take care of her properly.

Please get the suspension thoroughly checked as the same is known to last for 60-70kms.
Old 31st October 2010, 16:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

A friend has a similar aged Santro which is running very nicely at 110k+ on the odo right now. They key, as already said above, is regular servicing.
Old 31st October 2010, 16:48   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashutosh View Post
Hello Gyus,

I own Hyundai Santro zip drive 2001 model and has done 60K so far. The car has been trouble free so far.

I am just curious to know how many kilometer it would go and what I have to do for that (maintainance wise).

I do not wish to change/buy a new car immediate and I use this car for my daily commute from home to office & back and occassional long trips on weekends making an average of 100 kms/day.
There's no upper limit as such on how many kms a car can run..

Keep up the condition of the car with regular maintenance at authorized service stations.. Since it has crossed 60k, there would be quite a few things that you'd need to change like suspension, tension belts etc. Some things are necessary to be replaced with new, get them changed. Ensure regular (~10k at max.) change of engine oil and air/oil/fuel filter.

You can drive it as long as you want!
Old 1st October 2015, 11:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

Re: How Many Kilometers Santro Would Run For??

Folks
My Hyundai santro xing is nearing 56k kms and is due for service in about a week's time. What are the aspects i need to pay attention as it is close to 60k kms. Could you give me the list of action items that i need to focus attention.
I give my car for yearly service. The last time I gave the car for servicing was in October 2014.
Old 1st October 2015, 11:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashutosh View Post
Hello Gyus,
I am just curious to know how many kilometer it would go and what I have to do for that (maintainance wise)..
One of my colleague got a Santro when he booked Uber Go two days ago. He got to know that the car had done 335k kms with clutch overhaul at 180k kms.

Maintain your car properly and you can beat that.
Old 6th October 2015, 00:45   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Folks
My Hyundai santro xing is nearing 56k kms and is due for service in about a week's time. What are the aspects i need to pay attention as it is close to 60k kms. Could you give me the list of action items that i need to focus attention.
I give my car for yearly service. The last time I gave the car for servicing was in October 2014.
did you say 2014? That's almost an year now. From what I know, the car needs proper servicing every 10k km. So 1 year is hell lot of time.
Old 6th October 2015, 10:31   #9
BHPian

My sister's car, purchased in 2000, is still going strong, done almost 1,50,000 km. all it asks for is regular timely service as per the manual.
Make sure all rubber parts, like radiator hoses and belts, are changed every six years nax, irrespective of km run. These get perished due to age.
Old 7th October 2015, 15:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quite an old thread and not so relevant question with today's car when maintained properly.

Mine is at 1.42 L kms and I rip the car like F1 cars drive. It responds every time I demand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks