Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2010, 13:43   #31
BHPian

@Pavan, yes i should have gone to suraksha or other MASS, but since i already paid and issue is not resolved, bimal has agreed to fix it free, after this i wont take any of my vehicle there anymore.

@dragger, i always check engine oil level in the morning before even cranking the engine. I dont know if they have tighten bolts properly after head gasket replacement, but oil is dropping and they have asked me to bring tomorrow and would fix it.

@sandeepmohan, mine is not a engine passage block issue, it was a worn head gasket and its been replaced and radiator also has been overhauled, its actually leaking near thermostat valve which they have to replace and check.

will keep you all updated, thanks for your valuable suggestions and inputs.
Old 25th November 2010, 16:52   #32
BHPian

Just returned back from bimal, they found thermostat gasket to be faulty, they had put m800 carburetor's earlier which was thin and the leak started. Now they have replaced with the right one which also looked thick and different and they didnt charge anything and service guy apologized that i had to come 3times.

I also changed oil fearing the recent head gasket replacement, what if small amount of coolant mixed with oil, they removed old oil and added Servo 20W40 mineral oil and also oil filter was changed.

We went for a test drive and everything was fine, I reached home and when about to park my car in reverse (my flat is a little slope), there is a small coolant spill outside, i opened bonnet to check coolant level and its all fine and no leaks near thermostat, i hope this is the old coolant which was present in the engine when thermostat was being replaced, i will keep monitoring few more days and test.
Old 27th November 2010, 20:57   #33
BHPian

UPDATE:

Whenever i am parking the car in my flat, coolant used to spill outside, last 2 days i was totally confused from where this coolant is coming out, there were no leaks and difficult to trace.

I was fed up of going to bimal everytime, so i thought i will check myself, I opened bonnet and was searching for coolant leaks, but couldnt find any, then i put my hand inside and tried touching things so that i could feel the liquid, soon i made a contact with coolant underneath the lower hose (which connects to the radiator).

The coolant was dripping as screws for those hose was not at all tightened properly, i took a screw driver and tight-it to max, hurray!! the coolant stopped spilling

now car is fine and driving smooth and no more issues, thanks to everyone for helping me fix the issue.

Mods sorry for continuous posts.
Old 2nd December 2010, 23:00   #34
Team-BHP Support

Hope the car is running fine now Small issues like leaks are a common mistake with garages. Did you re-torqued the head bolts after some running?

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd December 2010 at 23:01.
Old 3rd December 2010, 02:22   #35
BHPian

No Jaggu, I didnt, Oil Leak issue got fixed by itself, i only changed oil. bimal guys had told me after head gasket replacement, there will be drop in oil level for sometime, it did happen and like they said it will be fixed, it got fixed

After oil change dip stick in morning before starting showed exactly in the center of min and max, so i thought i will top-up a bit, i brought Servo MGO 20w40 and added a bit, now its close to max level, is this ok? what i mean to say is, if suppose Bimal has used Castrol and i mixed Servo will this make any issues ? I know MASS use both Castrol and Servo MGO 20W40 oils, but if at all the brands i am mixing cause any issues ?

But i am not happy going there again anymore, i feel they are not that professional when it comes to critical issues. Next time, I will be visiting suraksha for service and run-in repairs.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks