Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2014, 15:40   #16
BHPian

Re: Wagon R suspension overhaul - Need advice

i have my doubts that this has anything to do with lower arms/suspension. Have the brake calipers checked thoroughly. Also I dont get what lower arms having play means.
Old 11th April 2014, 16:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

@ Zoombie

Exactly my thoughts.

Even I could not understand the term Lower arm has play as I know that to one one consolidated unit.

My break pads are due for change. Can the calipers be checked during this.

What should be the cost of brake caliper servicing be?
Old 11th April 2014, 18:06   #18
BHPian

Mechanics term, Lower arm play means Rubber bush has become weak & ball joint on the lower arm lost it’s life. This can be found out only after removing the lower arm.
Most important suspension part with respect to handling.
narendra.vw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 22:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
I am getting a continuous screeching noise from my front left suspension area.
the MASS attendant told me that this is due to a hardened rubber and also the lower arms may have some play.
The total estimate including labour would be approx. 8K.
Screeching noise can emanate from the lower arms. Change them and the strut rubber bushes. Inspect the steering tie rod end ball joints. Replace them also if it had developed play. Expenses for spares and labor would be below Rs 3.5K only.

Last edited by rajeev k : 11th April 2014 at 22:46.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2014, 11:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Many Thanks Rajeev.

Your diagnosis seems spot on.

The MASS had also diagnosed a similar issue but their quote was almost thrice the mentioned quotes:

1) Tie Rod/Lower Arms + Labour- Rs. 5.5 K
2) Steering Rod-Rs. 5K

Taxes++.
Old 12th April 2014, 11:56   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
but their quote was almost thrice the mentioned quotes:

1) Tie Rod/Lower Arms + Labour- Rs. 5.5 K
2) Steering Rod-Rs. 5K

Taxes++.
I suggest you to go to the MGP dealer in your city, pick up the required parts and get them fit on your car at a KNOWN FNG, if any. Taxes and labour saved as the FNG rates won't be so exorbitant.

Anurag.
Old 24th November 2014, 12:38   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarth.katyal View Post
Getting back to the point, ive been experiencing cabin noise from almost 60k kms onwards. But i could get it corrected at every service by replacing and greasing(silicon grease) the caliper pins on both the front brakes. No noise after that. So i would advice you to check your calliper assembly and pins for proper lubrication and wear and tear. But now,the pins seem to be in good condition and still have lots of noises, and since its nearing the 100k mark,what components of the suspension give way? and how much will they cost? My trusted MASS says my steering assembly is also going kaput,this he could say by turning the steering with a jerk when the car was standing and it made a tuk-tuk noise. He says part of the noise even when driving can be attributed to the steering assembly.
Hey! Even I'm experiencing a similar problem since a few months now. Any updates on the same? Did you go for a suspension overhaul, and if yes, how much did it cost?
Old 15th February 2015, 11:50   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantdlv View Post
Hey! Even I'm experiencing a similar problem since a few months now. Any updates on the same? Did you go for a suspension overhaul, and if yes, how much did it cost?
Hi sorry for the extremely late reply. I gave my car for complete suspension overhaul and steering assembly replacement after gathering some knowledge on the topic. I was there the entire time when the components were being replaced. The following was replaced:- Rubber bushings(4 nos), steering assemble, tie rods. I might be forgetting something. But this costed around 12k including labour and normal service. The noise had completely gone, steering felt smooth. There are numerous videos on youtube that help diagnosing what parts of the suspension needs to be changed. So you can individually run checks for each part yourself and then see if they require replacement.
Old 15th February 2015, 15:13   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarth.katyal View Post
Hi sorry for the extremely late reply. I gave my car for complete suspension overhaul and steering assembly replacement after gathering some knowledge on the topic. I was there the entire time when the components were being replaced. The following was replaced:- Rubber bushings(4 nos), steering assemble, tie rods. I might be forgetting something. But this costed around 12k including labour and normal service. The noise had completely gone, steering felt smooth. There are numerous videos on Youtube that help diagnosing what parts of the suspension needs to be changed. So you can individually run checks for each part yourself and then see if they require replacement.
Nevermind samarth
Even I got the same things done and costed somewhat the same. Yes, the problem is fixed. Thanks for the reply mate.
Old 2nd August 2015, 11:24   #25
BHPian

Hey,

Have a 2005 WagonR Lxi which has completed 46k kms. Recently changed the clutch plates, did a complete service (rs.2500/-) as per Popular Maruti and then as per them there was some leakage in the silencer and they told that is also fixed. The entire cost came to around 11k

They also intimated me that the suspensions needs a replacement if not now, in the recent future along with the steering bushes.

Can somebody tell me about the pricings of suspensions and the,steering bushes for wagonr???
Old 2nd August 2015, 13:14   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
They also intimated me that the suspensions needs a replacement if not now, in the recent future along with the steering bushes.

Can somebody tell me about the pricings of suspensions and the,steering bushes for wagonr???
Hey Bibin, while surfing around for parts for the WagonR, I came across this link:

Do look at it and see if it of some help. If not for the parts, pricing will be near about for OEM stuff.

http://www.motrpart.in/model/9/maruti-suzuki/wagonr
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 00:06   #27
BHPian

I have gone thru it and I can see a brand named Monroe?? Have never heard of it.. Can someone throw some light on this brand? Is it dependable?

Most Viewed