Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2011, 17:05   #1
BHPian

Tata Safari - Rusting Severely

I am having Tata Safari 3.0 L 4X2 model. It’s a 2007 model. I have clocked 95000kms. The vehicle engine is healthy. The serious issue I am facing with this model is Rusting. I stay near the sea and my vehicle has got rusted from all ends. The windshield has got completely rusted and the rear door has become hollow. Even the under chassis has got rusted.
I had even done the anti rust and all other necessary things to avoid rust but in vain. I am now confused what to do. Should I sell the car or rectify it completely. My other worry is if I buy any other SUV I should not face the same issue. I wonder if there is any SUV which can withstand the Rusting.

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th January 2011 at 19:51. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy paste from external font editor like word. Do a Preview before Submitting posts.
Old 5th January 2011, 17:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari - Rusting Severely

Firstly, correct the post by removing the soecial characters.

Secondly, if its near the sea and you are washing with hard water, rust will set in in every car. Prevention is to get Anti rust coating done every year.
Old 5th January 2011, 20:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

ronny this situation mostly has to do with the hard water being used to wash the SUV as mentioned by dadu. If you have the finances its best to go in for a new car and get an anti rust coat done yearly. Else visit an independent garage and get an estimate as to what damage it would do to your pockets to get the rusted parts fixed.
Old 6th January 2011, 14:33   #4
BHPian

Well thanks for your views. But i am using soft water as i have an RO plant which i use for all applications. So the water is not the issue.

I also own an sonata and fabia. They are also almost 3 yrs old but they have not got rusted as the safari.
Old 6th January 2011, 20:07   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyquest View Post
My other worry is if I buy any other SUV I should not face the same issue. I wonder if there is any SUV which can withstand the Rusting.
About 5 to 7 thousand SUVs are sold every month so don't think there is a correlation between SUV & Rust. Not sure what happen in your case, but just to be safe get an Innova as a replacement. You never know that research might establish a strong linkage between SUVs and Rust. Since Innova is an MUV it maynot have the same issues as SUVs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks