Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2011, 00:52   #1
BHPian

Overheating Engine

Mod Note : Please continue the discussion in our Engine Overheating Article. Thanks

Hi,

My palio 1.2 has done about 57K kms. In my last service Concorde replaced the fan saying some bolts have come out. From that day, the engine temperature which used to show 1/4 started to move frequently to 1/2 mark. Nowadays, the temperature gauge will be showing 1/4 when the car is in motion. However if the car is stationary for more than 1-2 minutes, the temperature gauge shoots up to 1/2 mark. Also the bonnet feels extremely hot after a journey. Another issue that was noticed was that the fan keeps running almost throughout the journey.
Also i have noticed considerable dip in mileage of the car.

The second niggle is that some kind of fan turns in the engine bay every time i turn the blower / AC of the car on. This fan would be on for the entire length of the time the AC/ blower is on.

Please do let me know what may be the issues i need to look at.

Cheers

Last edited by GTO : 25th January 2013 at 10:41. Reason: Adding link to Article
Old 16th January 2011, 01:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Overheating Engine

I think the palio has a single fan which operates in 2 speeds. So when you switch on the AC, the fan WILL start and when the engine gets hot, the fan will go into the second higher speed unlike some other cars which have different 2 fans for this. Make sure they have installed the fan in proper alignment to the radiator. Take it back to the garage and have them check this out, do not drive like this for long.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks