Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2011, 19:27   #1
Senior - BHPian

HHO Gas Kit to increase FE. Possible SCAM?

Just got an email from one of my friend. Experts on the forum, please give your thoughts on this. Is this genuine ? I did not understand anything from their website.

> Dear Sir
>
> Increase in price of petrol !!
> No tension
> Convert your vehicle TODAY to Run on Water to gas (HHO) and
> increase your Vehicle mileage average Up to 40% and save fuel cost!
>
> Fit it.Set it.forget it.enjoy it
>
> for more detail see www.mediaenterprise.blogspot.com
>
> contact
> Dushyantsinh Raj (m) 09712505959

HHO Gas Kit to increase FE. Possible SCAM?-sepl_hho_kit.jpg

Mods,
Please move or delete if not appropriate.
Old 28th January 2011, 21:03   #2
BHPian

re: HHO Gas Kit to increase FE. Possible SCAM?

Looks extremely suspicious. The rectangular box looks like a sweet box and the other container from a RO Water Purifier filter canister.

What i am thinking is that the concept is to pass current through the water to induce electrolysis and use the escaping gas to be injected back in some manner to the engine combustion chamber. It should in theory introduce more oxygen and Hydrogen which is combustive . But how it would work practically is a total unknown

Edit : On re reading the weblink it is explained , but i dont think i am going any where near this contraption even on an autorickshaw

Edit 2: Reading material available at http://hhocarfuelcell.blogspot.com/. Which says that this theory works

Edit 3 : Reading material that has a conspiracy theory on the likes of kennedy assasination and water car http://www.hhocarfuelcell.com/facts/watercar.php. Interesting reading.

Above story proved to be an urban myth http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley...ater_fuel_cell

Edit 4 : patents on the same http://keelynet.com/energy/garrett.htm

Last edited by sreedotk : 28th January 2011 at 21:18.
Old 3rd May 2011, 15:29   #3
BHPian

Re: HHO Gas Kit to increase FE. Possible SCAM?

k.shanthraj from bangalore is making custom hydrogen kits for vehicles.
call him on 9480304792 to know more details.
some contessa club members have fitted them in their contessa petrol cars giving 19kmpl mileage.
best regards.
shekaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2012, 11:04   #4
BHPian

Today I have seen a car with "This car runs on Hydrogen, Call:XXXXX"
I called up the person and he explained me all about running a car with any of the fuel with some addition of Hydrogen to it.
This is a kit producing Hydrogen to get the FE increase atleast 30 to 40%, even the the pickup increasing by 1.5 times. Available in two variants, one is about 13k another one will be around 18k. Weight of the kit is about seven kg and installation will be in boot space. No RTO registration is required as we are not altering the fuel.

After this sort of information I am not at all interested to fit this kit, but want to know the actual fact. So gurus pls give some information about this kind of kit.
Old 30th June 2012, 11:17   #5
BANNED

Water injection was the rage in the US in the early 1980's. Claims were similar to the advt. It was water + fuel, Supposedly it made the power stroke longer.

It went away after some time, I guess there was a major reduction in engine life.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks