Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2011, 15:27   #16
BHPian

Re: Engine stalling at low speeds in my Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 E

Hey Buddy, first-up relax!

I have a FGP 1.2E too. Like the experts have said, you'll probably need to adjust your driving style a lil bit fr the first issue. I know i had too, after bring used-to a Zen for 2 years. The 1.2 Engine need a lil revving then a Japanese engine and also the Punto is a Tank. Basically try the same maneuver with a Lower gear and you shud be OK. And from what I've learnt, Keep the Revv Counter at or above 1500rpm and the engine will respond like a charm.

As for the second issue, I haven't faced any braking related issues till date (touch-wood).

And yeah If at Concorde try speaking to the Service Team's Head who sits at the desk near the Service Reception desk. He could be of help. If you are looking for a second opinion, then you take your Punto to the KHT Motors Service Center in Whitefield. Speak to a Mr.Vinod from the service team, he know Team-bhp too .

After 5300+ kms, my Punto has opened-up nicely. The engine feels Smoother and a wee bit more response in all gears (even in the dreaded second gear). In my last visit to KHT, the Fiat Service guy told me that unlike the other cars on our roads, the Fiats wont "Open-up" in 3000kms, they need about 5000kms for that. And you can drive my car to find out the truth

Hope this helps.
Old 4th February 2011, 20:28   #17
BHPian

ya im changin my driving style. i understand GP 1.2 needa a bit of rev up..
the braking issue is being faced by lot of 1.2 owners. there is a forum exclusively for fiat modern cars in india where this is extensively discussed

your lucky u have not faced it
Old 5th February 2011, 15:07   #18
BHPian

Punto 1.2 develop peak torque much early compared to other 1.2 petrol cars. So the low max torque should not be the cause for engine getting stalled. I think the driving style is the problem. If there is some other issues probably a scan of ECU can show it.
Old 7th February 2011, 18:12   #19
BHPian

Is all tata-fiat showrooms equipped with the ECU scanning tool. If so will get it done. However im slowly changing my driving style too
Old 7th February 2011, 19:08   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
Is all tata-fiat showrooms equipped with the ECU scanning tool. If so will get it done. However im slowly changing my driving style too
I think so because it is vital in troubleshooting problems in modern cars.
Old 7th February 2011, 19:43   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
Yes, all A.S.S ought to have OBD reader. No other way to detect failed sensors and error codes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks