Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2011, 17:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura DSG Problems!!

Actually i was able to bump into someone who directed me towards a person who could fix the Mechatronics. After keeping my car stranded for more than a month, for want of parts, he did finally fix the problem and i paid him 55k. The Car ran perfectly till i sold it. I guess its running well even now. I did try to contact him when another friend had a similar problem but his mobile number was inactive. Id do anything to get in touch with him again as the repairs cost less tha half the value of the new mechatronic module. Still am on the lookout and if i do get him, somehow, i shall mention it here so that everyone with a similar problem can get his problem solved at a fraction of the cost.
V-16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 09:16   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Actually i was able to bump into someone who directed me towards a person who could fix the Mechatronics. After keeping my car stranded for more than a month, for want of parts, he did finally fix the problem and i paid him 55k. The Car ran perfectly till i sold it. I guess its running well even now. I did try to contact him when another friend had a similar problem but his mobile number was inactive. Id do anything to get in touch with him again as the repairs cost less tha half the value of the new mechatronic module. Still am on the lookout and if i do get him, somehow, i shall mention it here so that everyone with a similar problem can get his problem solved at a fraction of the cost.

Hi V-16, I am getting a pre-owned 2006 Diesel DSG AT L&K Laura at 5 Lakhs, done about 91000 kms. I like the car, but very scared on buying it due to the various nightmares shared by DSG owners.

Any advice on:
1) Whether I should buy it, considering expensive replacements cropping up now that it has finish 100k kms
2) If I should go ahead, any specific checks I need to do to make sure I am not being sold a lemon (as I cant test if its doing 100kmph+ in a test drive, so wont know if mechatronics etc are all fine or not)
3) Would you know annual cost of maintainence on the DSG AT ?

Brgds,
Vishal
Old 28th October 2013, 17:14   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Hi V-16, I am getting a pre-owned 2006 Diesel DSG AT L&K Laura at 5 Lakhs, done about 91000 kms. I like the car, but very scared on buying it due to the various nightmares shared by DSG owners.

Any advice on:
1) Whether I should buy it, considering expensive replacements cropping up now that it has finish 100k kms
2) If I should go ahead, any specific checks I need to do to make sure I am not being sold a lemon (as I cant test if its doing 100kmph+ in a test drive, so wont know if mechatronics etc are all fine or not)
3) Would you know annual cost of maintainence on the DSG AT ?

Brgds,
Vishal
Hey Vishal, been some time but curious to know whether you finally picked up the L&K DSG? Query is because I too picked up a 2007 Laura LnK 1.9 DSG but with much lesser mileage. So wanted to know whether there are similar owners in the forum
Old 3rd November 2013, 19:04   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safeer View Post
Hey Vishal, been some time but curious to know whether you finally picked up the L&K DSG? Query is because I too picked up a 2007 Laura LnK 1.9 DSG but with much lesser mileage. So wanted to know whether there are similar owners in the forum
No I decided to just get a cheaper civic instead and spend the price difference in fuel (petrol vs diesel).

How is your 1.9 treating you, happy so far ?
Old 11th November 2013, 21:12   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post

No I decided to just get a cheaper civic instead and spend the price difference in fuel (petrol vs diesel).

How is your 1.9 treating you, happy so far ?
Congratulations Vishal for getting the Civic - sensible buy. The pre-FL Octy MKII is treating me fine (touch wood)- so far so good!
Old 31st December 2016, 16:25   #21
BHPian

Hi V-16,

I'm writing to find out about the person who fixed your Laura's DSG gearbox.

I have a friend's Laura which has clocked 100000 km and gives an initial thud when starting from standstill.

We had the oil level checked and it was more than a liter less than the capacity. We replaced the AT oil and the filter. But there's still no change. We suspect it could be a faulty mechatronics part.

Please let me know if you can help.

The car is in Bangalore.

TIA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks