Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2006, 12:55   #1
BHPian

Problem with Indica wiper

I have a major problem with Indica wiper. during rains it doesnt clean the windscreen properly. it leaves a small layer of water which reflects the lights of other vehicles so badly that i will be forced to stop the car some times. i changed the wiper and now also the same problem is continuing. one of my friend told me that this is a common problem with all Indica's. is it so? What can be the remedy for this?
Old 10th January 2006, 14:25   #2
Team-BHP Support

The blade needs to be replaced only in case of rubber going bad, and that translates to every year. If the problem continues its adjustment problem. If your wiper is jumping on the glass it means too tight, if its leaving water that means too loose. If it leaves a thin line of water means rubber is damaged at that point.
Quality of indica wipers is bad no doubt but a new wiper will do a good job for atleast a year or so if kept properly adjustted
Old 10th January 2006, 14:53   #3
BHPian

the thin film of water is forming in most of the area the wiper is covering. This is happening with my new wipers also
Old 10th January 2006, 15:00   #4
Team-BHP Support

Adjustment problem them. Adjustment means holding the wiper stalk and bending in desired direction. Dont try this at home if you are not confident. I use this solution after I saw the workshop guys do the same thing
Old 10th January 2006, 15:21   #5
BHPian

cool i will try this. Thanks tsk
Old 10th January 2006, 15:34   #6
BHPian

Not too many problems with my wipers except that the wash/wipe function won't spray the water on the windscream uniformly (a nozzle issue) and the wiper starts wiping immediately than wait a moment for the water to settle.
Old 10th January 2006, 16:30   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay
Not too many problems with my wipers except that the wash/wipe function won't spray the water on the windscream uniformly (a nozzle issue) and the wiper starts wiping immediately than wait a moment for the water to settle.
In fact that makes me wonder. My Indica's wash-wipe spray nozzle spurts out water but it lacks sufficient force. This results in the water not spreading across the windscreen. Instead a blob of water falls on the lower part of the screen. To make matter worse, the wiper starts the moment I press the wash-wipe button without waiting for sufficient water to fall on the screen.

Is there a solution to this problem? Is there a pump that sprays the water (I believe there has to be something that drives the water)? Can it be replaced with a more powerful one that can give a more forceful jet of water?
Old 10th January 2006, 16:37   #8
Team-BHP Support

Its adequately powerful. Change the direction of nozzle using a pin to direct the war to center of the windscreen. If you just tap the water spray for a moment and dont keep it depressed wiper wont start. So you go tap tap, get some water on windscreen and then keep it pressed.
Old 10th January 2006, 16:59   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Its adequately powerful. Change the direction of nozzle using a pin to direct the war to center of the windscreen. If you just tap the water spray for a moment and dont keep it depressed wiper wont start. So you go tap tap, get some water on windscreen and then keep it pressed.
I see... So those tiny holes can be turned in that fixed orifice, is it? I never thought of that Gotta check this out. However, one thing I do know is that even a mere tap on the push-button on the wiper control stalk makes the wiper go zap-zoop... i have tried everything and am convinced that the wiper starts moving immediately. I need to check this with the service people. May be it is some problem on my vehicle only.

And since we are at it, Tanveer buddy here is another poser for you. The Indica guidebook says replace engine oil every 10000km or 6 months. What with this 6 months thing? Is it really necessary? I mean, as per the service advisor even if you have not driven the car more than a couple of thousand kms since last change but 6 months have passed you should change the oil. Why?
Old 10th January 2006, 17:04   #10
Team-BHP Support

Normal mineral oil degrades with time(moisture, water, corrosion etc.,). thats why they recommend change. If you use synthetic oil it can be kept much longer.
Old 10th January 2006, 17:14   #11
BHPian

This is nothing but traffic grime, an oily film that gets formed on the glass. Wipe the outside of the windscreen with a strong solution of Surf Excel, wash off with clean water. The problem should go away for a week or so at least.
Old 10th January 2006, 17:48   #12
Team-BHP Support

Using sunslik sache in the wash wipe tank also takes care of traffic grime problem
Old 16th April 2009, 12:12   #13
BHPian

bumping the old thread..
i have a santro which is 2.5 yrs old.. from past few days wiper water spray is not working. what may be the problem??
Old 16th April 2009, 19:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

Deepak - is there water in the wiper tank (or whatever it is called)
If there is there must be a block somewhere in the tubing or nozzle.
Old 16th April 2009, 20:03   #15
BHPian

Deepak - keep the ignition switch at "On" but don't start the engine. Then try the windscreen washer switch - you should be able to hear the pump in the tank hum to life.

If you hear nothing - its a problem with the wiring or the pump.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks