Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2011, 19:57   #1
BANNED

Manza BS petrol - gear box break down?

Folks,

Few mins back while I was driving near my apt. the gear handle stopped working and it is now freely moving back and forth even with just one finger pressure.
Have run for ~6000 km in past 1.5 years.
Since I had taken 24x7 service coverage happened to call them first and they have assured to call back in another 10-15 mins.
The call centre guy told that any minor repair will be done on spot else vehicle will be towed to service centre.

Want to know the Dos and Don't in this situation.

Also what is covered in the insurance and what isn't. my next service is for 20k or 24 months is due in Nov. But somehow tata had called last week for reminding service and was wondering if they had any @ 17 months.
Eagerly waiting for guidance.

Thanks,
Vijay

Last edited by vjoy3 : 4th April 2011 at 19:58.
Old 4th April 2011, 20:57   #2
BHPian

Re: Manza BS petrol - gear box break down?

I think the Manza gearshift is cable operated and its just that cable hook is snapped from its place. All you should do now is get the cable fixed in front of you properly so that it does not happen again. If the service guy will take some time to show up, park the car with bricks placed at the front and rear tyre so that car does not accidently roll as overnight use of handbrake is not advised.

Last edited by Hashim : 4th April 2011 at 20:58.
Old 4th April 2011, 21:05   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

^ Completely agree. You can rest easy, Vjoy. Not a major problem with your gearbox at all. Whenever something like this happens, it's either the cable or linkage gone bad. This will be covered in your warranty and should take a very short time for them to fix.
Old 4th April 2011, 21:40   #4
BANNED

Thanks Hashim for the quick response. Turned out to be a minor issue with a plate connecting the gear lever which the tata service guy fixed in 10 mins. Issue resolved.

Vijay
Old 4th April 2011, 21:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

Its just the lever that is dislocated. Its an easy fix, and should cover under warranty.

The quality of parts has gone down immensely in recent cars, recently when i opened up my new ritz's dash for some work, i was surprised to see the gear lever is put together with bunch of ABS plastics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks