Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2011, 11:56   #16
BHPian

1 Year service update

Just got the one year service (3rd Free Service) done for the car yesterday. Gave the car to the dealer from where we had brought the car ( Excel Autovista, Bandra). Since it was far from my place, a guy came to pick the car at 8 am in the morning. The car was returned to us by 7.30 in the evening. The bill was printed at 5.45 pm so I guess it was becuase of traffic that the car reached home a little late. We did not mind because we did not require the car on that day. But I would say the service was quite good. Following were the things done in the serivce:

Kms done - 8814.

Parts:

1. Filter ASSY, OIL - 1 Litre @ Rs 118.22
2. Engine oil 5W30 - 4.3 Litres @ Rs 1414.23 ( Rs 328.8 per litre)
3. Screen Wash Concentrate (50 ml sachet) - Rs 13.33
4. Oil Supplement - 0.25 litres @ 351.11 ( Rs 1404.44 per litre)

Labour:

1. 3rd free service - Rs 0
2. Glass Etching - Rs 300
3. 3M polishing - Rs 2100

Taxes:

1. VAT@ 12.5% - Rs 237.12
2. Service tax @ 10% - Rs 240
3. Edu. Cess on Service tax @ 3% - Rs 7.2
4. WCT @ 8% - Rs 168

Total amount paid - Rs 4949.

I just had a few things in mind. The quantities of oil etc added must be according to regular practise hence there is no questioning that I suppose. What exactly does Glass etching mean? Also the amount I am charged for 3M polishing - is it too much? I dont think it is necessary to do polishing after 1 year but my dad must have done it on the advice of the workshop guy without asking anyone. I will try to post the pics of the car after polishing.

If not for the polishing the amount would have been quite less. Is there anything missed during the 1 year service. I just wanted to confirm whether all the necessary things were done in the service.

Last edited by Saanil : 23rd July 2011 at 11:57.
Old 23rd July 2011, 12:17   #17
BHPian

Re: 1 Year service update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
What exactly does Glass etching mean?
They must have entered your vehicles registration number on all the glasses. Check for rear & front windshield and also other 4 glasses for the same. I had done glass etching on my Santro way back in 2006 when it was purchased for Rs 200 from Hyundai A.S.S. I was being told then by the service guy that in case of vehicle theft even if number plates are changed my original registration number will remain on all the glasses. But, we never ever pray for such things even in our weird dreams

Last edited by driving_smartly : 23rd July 2011 at 12:34.
Old 23rd July 2011, 14:12   #18
BHPian

Re: 1 Year service update

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
They must have entered your vehicles registration number on all the glasses. Check for rear & front windshield and also other 4 glasses for the same. I had done glass etching on my Santro way back in 2006 when it was purchased for Rs 200 from Hyundai A.S.S. I was being told then by the service guy that in case of vehicle theft even if number plates are changed my original registration number will remain on all the glasses. But, we never ever pray for such things even in our weird dreams
Thanks for clarifying. But the etching is not clearly visible. You really have to look at it carefully in order to notice it. Attaching some pictures of the car. Polishing has indeed made the car more shiny. I do not know how long will it stay like this. Anybody has an idea how long the effect of polishing will stay? Pardon me for the bad pics - the pics were taken in the wrong lighting conditions:

Surface has become shiny after polishing
Azure Grey Maruti Suzuki SX4 ZXi (1.6 VVT) comes home!!-23072011618.jpg

Tyre condition after 8.5k kms
Azure Grey Maruti Suzuki SX4 ZXi (1.6 VVT) comes home!!-23072011620.jpg

Azure Grey Maruti Suzuki SX4 ZXi (1.6 VVT) comes home!!-23072011621.jpg

Azure Grey Maruti Suzuki SX4 ZXi (1.6 VVT) comes home!!-23072011622.jpg

Notice the "MH". Sorry but I could manage only this with my cellphone camera. I do not think the etching has been done properly.
Azure Grey Maruti Suzuki SX4 ZXi (1.6 VVT) comes home!!-23072011623.jpg
Saanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 00:03   #19
BHPian

Re: Azure Grey Maruti Suzuki SX4 ZXi (1.6 VVT) comes home!!

Drove the car today after the 1 year service was done yesterday. The car feels more smoother which I feel is normal after any servicing. We have an extended 2 year warranty on this car but we we will not have free services from now onwards. I wanted to know after what interval one should service their cars (mine is a Petrol VVT version)? Also what all things are necessary to be done in a regular service?What are the basic issues one has to check in a regular servicing?
Old 24th July 2011, 00:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wanted to know after what interval one should service their cars (mine is a Petrol VVT version)? Also what all things are necessary to be done in a regular service?What are the basic issues one has to check in a regular servicing?
You have to get your car serviced every 10,000 KMs with engine oil change (it is same for all Maruti cars). Please refer to your owner manual for complete details including transmission oil, brake oil, coolant replacement schedule etc.

Generally during a service you have to report issues (if any) to service adviser and he should rectify them. Also the SA will advise you to go for some jobs which are not necessary and are just to make profits so make sure you stick to owner manual suggested jobs at specified interval.
Old 6th August 2011, 17:43   #21
BHPian

Guys I need help on a matter. Last night I met all of my hostel friends who had come to Mumbai for our convocation. I had taken my car (Sx4) and another one had taken his brand new i20 sportz sparkle blue which he bought about 20 days back. Now after meeting we decided to head back to a friends place in Andheri. We went to his building and were searching for parking place. Searching for parking place was a nightmare in my friends area. Now what happened was while searching I had to take a u-turn and while taking it I brushed my car against my friends i20. There was damage to the paint on both of our cars. I am really feeling bad for my friend as it was my mistake that his new car got a scratch. It is a white scratch about 3-4 cms (there are two such lines). I am really feeling bad and I am cursing myself for not being careful. This is the first time in 4 years since I started driving that I have brushed up against a car. I dont care about my car but I am really feeling bad for my friend. He, being my friend has said its ok, but I know he too is really feeling sad. I just want to know is there any solution for small scratches? I would really like to do something for my friend as I know a sorry is not enough. If I was in his place I would be angry. Can someone please help me in this matter. I just want to know if there is something I can do for my friend. I did not know where to post this so I am posting it in my thread only. Mods please move this post if you feel it is in the wrong place.
Old 6th August 2011, 19:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

In case the paint has not been penetrated, rubbing should get rid of the white patches. Show it to a good denting/paint shop( Not MASS or HASS as they charge you a bomb for such jobs).

In the worst case scenario, you will have to get the bumper repainted.
Old 24th January 2012, 23:22   #23
BHPian

Just done with the 1st paid service of my car. The car has covered just 11,400 kms till now. Following was the job done:

1. Bulbs - Rs 98 for 2 nos. (The bulbs at the back when you break were not working)
2. Grease Caliper Assy - Rs 106 for 4 nos.
3. Air Intake System Cleaner - Rs 378.
4. Polish Paper 80 - Rs 16
5. Paid Service - Rs 1125
6. Consumables check/replacement - Rs 124
7. Throttle body cleaning - Rs 580
8. Brake Clean - Rs 650
9. All Electricals check up - Rs 350
10. Dickey lock repair - Rs 100

Total amount paid incl. VAT@12.5% - Rs 3904 (rounded off).

Got it serviced from the same dealer from where we bought the car (AUTOVISTA, Bandra). A driver from their side came to pick up the car and also drop it back. Specific instructions were given regarding not to do wheel alignment as we would get it done elsewhere for much cheaper.

The service engineer mentioned that oil replacement was not necessary at this point of time. Not sure whether it is normal. I have a few questions - What is the item "Grease caliper", "Polish Paper 80" and Throttle Body Cleaning"? Are these items necessary?

Views/suggestions appreciated!
Old 11th August 2012, 10:56   #24
BHPian

Hello everyone,

Just a quick update on giving the car for servicing at the end of 2 years. We gave the car to the same dealer from where we bought the car – EXCELL AUTOVISTA Bandra. Their service station is in Santacruz (E) though. Note that the car is run for just 14500 kms (7250 km a year and 605 km a month). Below are the details of the huge bill we had to face:

1. Filter Assy, Oil – Rs 127.

2. AC Gas-R134 – Rs 445.

3. BG Cooling system flush – Rs 667.

4. Denso 8 Oil – Rs 2578.

5. Coolant (SG) Non Amine – Rs 209.

6. MGO (5W30) –IOCL – Rs 1203.

7. Paid Service – Rs 1260. (Labour charges)

8. Consumables check/replacement – Rs 145. (Labour charges)

9. Brake clean (all) – Rs 750. (Labour charges)

10. A/C servicing – Rs 2280. (Labour charges)

Total bill came out to be Rs 8,500. This is much more than the first paid service we did (details of which you can find in the post above). So the major items were Oil (which I think is regular) and A/C charges. So A/C itself accounted for about Rs 2,700. Is A/C servicing mandatory at 2 year service? Also what is Item no. 6 (MGO - 5W30)? Just wanted to know whether this is too much or normal rates for servicing at the end of 2 years.
Old 11th August 2012, 13:07   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Just a quick update on giving the car for servicing at the end of 2 years. We gave the car to the same dealer from where we bought the car – EXCELL AUTOVISTA Bandra. Their service station is in Santacruz (E) though. Note that the car is run for just 14500 kms (7250 km a year and 605 km a month). Below are the details of the huge bill we had to face:

1. Filter Assy, Oil – Rs 127.

2. AC Gas-R134 – Rs 445.

3. BG Cooling system flush – Rs 667.

4. Denso 8 Oil – Rs 2578.

5. Coolant (SG) Non Amine – Rs 209.

6. MGO (5W30) –IOCL – Rs 1203.

7. Paid Service – Rs 1260. (Labour charges)

8. Consumables check/replacement – Rs 145. (Labour charges)

9. Brake clean (all) – Rs 750. (Labour charges)

10. A/C servicing – Rs 2280. (Labour charges)

Total bill came out to be Rs 8,500. This is much more than the first paid service we did (details of which you can find in the post above). So the major items were Oil (which I think is regular) and A/C charges. So A/C itself accounted for about Rs 2,700. Is A/C servicing mandatory at 2 year service? Also what is Item no. 6 (MGO - 5W30)? Just wanted to know whether this is too much or normal rates for servicing at the end of 2 years.
Hi Buddy,

I think your dealer is taking you for a ride. IMHO, its not necessary to get the AC serviced after 2 years. SX4 comes with a pollen filter, hence the cooling coil doesn't get dirty as fast as in other small cars. And also your dealer has done 3rd Grade Ac service (the most expensive one).

Why your SA have charged twice for collant, BG Cooling system flush – Rs 667, Coolant (SG) Non Amine – Rs 209? Flushing is certainly not required in this early stages of car, only coolant changes would have been have good enough.

I have no clue about the Denso 8 Oil?

BR

Amit
Old 21st May 2013, 19:09   #26
BHPian

Hello everyone,

Had a query and was hoping for some solutions.

Wiper of the car is not working - We gave the car for inspection to Excel Autovista Bandra (from where we bought our car) and told them to rectify it. The issue was checked and we were told that the motor of the wiper had rusted and was burned. We told them to exchange it but then we were informed that we would have to pay for this - This came as a surprise because we had extended warranty on the car and were hoping that these things would be covered by it. I asked him what exactly do we get for paying for that extended warranty? He just smiled at me and told me that the motor replacement would not be covered by warranty.

I would like to ask how should I proceed with this? With rains coming up soon, I have to get this problem rectified - Is there someone in Maruti I can contact for addressing this. Any social media platform - I have heard that companies are quick and efficient in dealing with such requests when contacted on social forums like twitter/FB. This extended warranty thing seems like a scam to me now - what is the use of buying these when such things are not covered? Can some please guide me as to what should I do?

Last edited by Saanil : 21st May 2013 at 19:11.
Old 22nd May 2013, 08:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

Saanil, Get is touch with the MSIL Area Service Manager. The name, mobile number and the mail id is prominently displayed in most service centres. I have never had the reason to get in touch with them as my Service centre is pretty responsive.

I have gone thru your earlier posts and believe that your A** has carried out a lot of things that are not required as per the service schedule. One reason could be that you do not drop the car at the service centre. Well it is very convenient to get the car picked up, but you miss the opportunity of discussing what needs to be done with the service advisor. Once you ask them about each line item, they end up crossing out a lot of things they normally include.
Old 22nd May 2013, 09:15   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Had a query and was hoping for some solutions.

Wiper of the car is not working - We gave the car for inspection to Excel Autovista Bandra (from where we bought our car) and told them to rectify it. The issue was checked and we were told that the motor of the wiper had rusted and was burned. We told them to exchange it but then we were informed that we would have to pay for this - This came as a surprise because we had extended warranty on the car and were hoping that these things would be covered by it. I asked him what exactly do we get for paying for that extended warranty? He just smiled at me and told me that the motor replacement would not be covered by warranty
Wiper motor and other electrical motors are covered under extended warranty by other manufacturers like Tata, Fiat and Toyota, Maruti's policy wouldn't be any different. If you have the contract document with you it will have the details of what is covered and what is not; but this motor will definitely be covered.

So you should rightfully get a warranty replacement for the busted wiper motor. Please don't pay for this.
Old 23rd May 2013, 22:52   #29
BHPian

Hi Saanil,

I strongly believe that you have been grossly fooled by your service station guys. As rightly said by Rajneesh, one reason for the same can be the fact that you don't visit the service station with the car, So the Service Manager at his discretion gets all the not required things in the car. Or it can be that you are not questioning the advisor why he is carrying out that work.

I have been using Honda City for past 1 year, and had given my car just last month for my first paid service, and my bill post the service was INR 2347/-

One more important thing, please put Team-Bhp sticker on the car, generally service centre guys avoid messing with forum member cars.
Old 24th May 2013, 10:34   #30
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys for your suggestions. I will try to resolve this issue this weekend - will keep you guys posted as to what Maruti's response is..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks