Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:30   #1
BHPian

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms

Aaah, the long awaited review of my Manza QJT ABS, is here finally!

Yeah, it was a very long wait. . Hence the thread tooo! Thanks to the 'Assembly line'

Contents:
  • The requirement generation.
  • The search.
  • Options / choice comparison and conclusion
  • TD experience
  • Financing details.
  • Insurance details.
  • The Deal from Dealer.
  • Freebies bargaining.
  • The Pre Registration Inspection.
  • The documentation experience.
  • The PDI.
  • The Delivery Experience
  • The first 1k ownership experience.
  • First Service exp.
  • The 2K exp.
  • Second free service exp.
  • Third free service exp.
The requirement generation:

Decision on Fuel Type: Since I moved to Pune in Sep’10, my home - office - home running has reduced to a mere 800 kms per month. Earlier it was almost 60kms per day in Ahemdabad.
Thanks to the sky rocketing petrol prices. I get pinched when ever I think of long drives which are very frequent and most of the times, impromptu.
Still managed to figure out the minimum possible additional running as per the sheet attached which also shows the analysis on the yearly cost of owning a petrol and diesel. Stirctly for my case of use.
Petrol or Diesel decision sheet.xls

The Search:

Decision on Segment: I started my 4 wheels ownership with the basic model of A segment – The one and only 'M800', after graduating from a CBZ .

After driving more than 65k kms in 'My First Love - 98 M800' , I felt a need for the next segment car with more softer suspensions (due to my mother's deteriorating spine condition) and also increase in the no.of my Long drives.
Pls find the link to the long term ownership review of my M800. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...5-000-kms.html

Drove many of the B segments DAMES and DUDES and felt the experience as below
  • Alto – Rattles. Low space. No point in considering the same CC engine, with similiar milage and some good braking and NVH,though.
  • Wagon R – Still didn’t like its looks. Saw and heared about its rattling very soon, though Space is good.
  • Swift - Big no from my side due to its restricted rear space as I will be travelling with my family of four many in many of the long drives. Also know for its rattling and low kmpl return. Basically didn't like its shape from the very first day of its launch. Looks very bulky from all the sides like a 'Big Aunt'.
  • Mean while, was going though Ford Figo's launch and its ownership threads. But seeing the cost of after spares and limited service network in my home town and possible future work locations, I didn't attract me much. But loved the slim shape and space it has along with the proven TDCI engine.
  • Indigo CS - Liked all over package for 5.5 OTR in the end of 2008. But, after a T.D of Vista, simply decided to forget C.S.
  • Vista – I just grounded me by its NVH ( compare to its cousins like Indica, C.S), Performance and drivability when drove it for the first time. Just couldn’t believe it, as a Tata’s product. Enjoyed it thoroughly as a department car. Hence, became first priority since early 2009. After getting married couldn’t save any thing to do the D.P. Hence just waited dreaming about it. Best reason to tell every one was – ‘I am waiting for the ABS introduction’. Also was in a dual mind to go for a sedan (Actually got promoted and better half was too excited and persuaded on buying a sedan)
  • Finally, when the Manza was launched, dropped the Vista too from the priority list in mid 2010.
Choice, Comparsion and conclusion:

Now, as the segment was finally rounded off along with the make and model too, I started T.D's.

After a T.D of Fiat MJ Linea, was very much tempted to go for it.
Further, the T.D of Vento and Etios(in Pune) led to a dilemma again. Logan T.D didn't appeal me either.
Then started to compare them with the cost of buying as a prime parameter and also the service network.
  • Linea was ruled out due to its poor low end torque. Turbo kicks in very late at 2.2k or 2.5k I don’t remember exactly. (50% of my drive will be in city). Though it has got the best in class looks,space and sturdy ness, the inconsistent after sales and high spares cost would be too big for my pocket while owning it. Hence dropped it with a very very heavy heart.
  • Vento was ruled out as it too turned out to be again huge of my budget for the features and fuel type I was looking at. Also, the service network is still in its nascent stage and not sure of how long will it take to make it tier 2 and 3 cities. Not sure about the spares cost too.
  • Was totally grounded again, with the launch of Etios. But again, the non availability of diesel mill and the lesser no.of features/equipment in the offing has made me to think again. Though, I liked for its driveability and peppy petrol engine, I walked off the show room.
  • Logan was a rounded as the last option due to its space and ruggedness proved by the Taxi segment. But, reliability of spares and service was an issue. Also, was not sure when Renult would part off with M&M.
  • Didn’t look at Dzire as I personally didn’t like the looks ( An Bigger Aunt again!) and was not keen on the build quality of the boot. Also, the rear leg room was a major concern. The cost factor and the features available in Dzire never encouraged me to even do the T.D once. Furhter, my friend's dzire( 10K ODO) never appealed me much when I drove it.
Hence, Manza was zeroed down. Finally.
Cost, features and A.S.S scored decently high on only this model when compared with other choices/ options in this segment.
Let me tell you, it was a really tough decision to move away from Linea and Vento, considering their looks and technology. I was just floored with their performance.
But, finally after two T.D's of Manza in Ahmedabad and again in Pune, I didn’t feel missing these things much. The NVH is good enough, F.E figures impressed me. Also, the service network and parts cost was not that cause of worry as compared to the other models.( Especially,the Toyota After Sales network which was the next choice).

T.D Experience:

1. TD in Ahmedabad – June 2010

Got a call back in just one hour after I registered online. Was impressed. Didn’t expect. I couldn’t give him a correct date as it was month end and had production ramp up pressure. Used to get calls every 2nd day from ASPI motors for a T.D offer. Was impressed again.
Finally the day came when I was able to manage reaching home by 5.30 pm. They were on time with a D.W Aura ABS QJT. The odo was reading 6.5k. As usual, there were many nuts and washers all around in the TD car like other T.D experiences.
Checked all the seating positions and then drove off.
Easily reached 100 kmph and didn’t feel the coarse acceleration or NVH much.
A/C was chilling in the 2nd speed itself. Imagine its effectiveness in the hot summers of Ahmedabad.
Drivability was really good. NVH levels were awesome when compared to Dzire VDI. Ofcourse lesser than Linea MJD.
The 1st Gear: Was good and torquey. Asks for next shift once you reach 15kmph.
The 2nd Gear: Has a good range 10- 40kmph. But was coarse at rpms higher above 3.5k
The 3rd Gear: Was really toquey again, when played in the range of 30- 80. There was no major Turbo Kick felt, unlike in Linea or Dzire.
(Comparision with these models is only due to the similar Power mill.)
Keep the RPM in 1800 to 2200 range and you can enjoy the complete 200NM torque at your diposal. This is the best part for driving in city.
One thing was highly noticable was the DIS - Instantaneous Fuel consumption.
There was an immediate drop when the Taco reads 2k. I noticed 8 and 9kmpl for a while and then it slowly reached to 12, 16 and 20 with different increments over a period of no shifting.
The 4th Gear: Good enough to drive on long city roads. But needs a down shift if its below 35kmph. Slowly the engine becomes sluggish at that speeds. But once the RPM reaches 1800 back, we can feel the torque evidently, for disposal.
The 5th Gear: Couldn't cover a longer stretch on this as I already came some 9 kms out of the city on the ring road. Could sense the hidden displeasure on the SE's face.

Then came my office order - Back to Pune and got transferred back to Pune, in Sep’10.

Took time for getting settled both at home and with the new role in office. It was in the third week of Jan I started looking for good deals. Also, my parents and our anniversaries were in Feb. So a small effort to make them special this time.

2. TD in Pune Jan -2011:

The call for Test Drive to Pandit in Pimpri:

Me: I want to TD the Manza ABS QJT. When can I come.
S.E: Sir, right now, we don’t have the vehicle. Can you come on Monday?
Expected answer from Pandit.
Hence reached at 5.30 in the evening to Pandit Auto, Pimpri.
Had a QJT ABS Silver – older trim level for T.D.

Fresh Observations:

While reversing the car, found that the rear visibility is limited (of course better than my friends Dzire). This calls for a Reverse parking aid for sure in the accessories list. I didn’t check the seat height adjustment mechanism in the first instant. Tried it the next time though. Had a small ‘in traffic’ session for 3 kms and later ‘an empty not so straight road’ experience.

Drivability: I felt the car is under control even at sudden turns and is responsive compared to Dzire. Acceleration in the first is good, though it asks for second very soon. The second was found torquey, evidently, once the RPM is more than 1800.
Braking was inspiring confidence (Drastically, when compared to M800). The Linea scores in this dept.
The 3rd gear has a very large range. I could go upto 80 and came back immediately as road didn’t permit.
Fourth was good enough as already mentioned above.
The cornering was good in all the Seats - drivers’, co – driver’s and rear passenger’s seats.

NVH: Some how, I felt this car is more noisy from the inside than the one I T.D ‘ ed in Ahmedabad. Both are of same trim level. Road conditions too, were almost similar.

Interiors: This is where I felt just satisfied. Don’t know if this particular car was so dirty.
The door unlock lever inside is really of cheap plastic. Didn’t like it much. The dash was not as sun reflecting as I expected.
The steering wheel was meaty and good to hold.
Didn’t experiment much with the ‘on steering’ controls.
However, the grip of the steering wheel was good.
Though it didn’t return back as good as my M800, it was decent enough. Need to check on this when I actually drive it further
Then went to check the rear space. The main reason for taking the sedan is to take around my mom. She was comfortable in M800 with a small pillow supporting her back. But, was not ready for a longer journey of 5 or more hours. She was comfortable in C.S itself. Hence this is a bonanza for her.
The space available was just awesome unlike any of the MSL products.
I would say class leading and two classes above as GTO quoted in his first review on Manza.

Well, I would rate the T.D experience as 7/10.

The Financing Details:

Started from the financers first, in Pune as model was decided. Got quotes from HDFC, Indian Bank, Tata Capital Ahmedabad, Tata Capital Pune, SBI.
Ruled out ICICI due to its high interest rate and also arrogance of the staff when asked for a quote though my salary account is with them since 2005.
Made my priorities clear as lesser interest rate, lesser per lakh EMI and more funding on the OTR.
As per the sheet attached Finance Options analysis.xls, Tata Capital was cleared.
Unfortunately, interest rates were hiked by 0.5 % ,while I was negotiating.

The Insurance Deals:

The undisputable Tata AIG with its 0% depreciation scheme has already been decided when I read about the article on T-BHP long back ago.

Went through the TATA Capital agent to find a good link with AIG.

IDV was taken on 95% of the Ex Show room price.

Premium on Vehicle and non electrical accessories Rs. 16,273.12

A. TOTAL OWN DAMAGE PREMIUM (rounded off) Rs. 16,273.00
Add depreciation reimbursement (TA01) Rs. 1,656.90
Add:Legal Liability to paid driver as per Endt. IMT 28
Add:Loss of personal belonging (TA09) Rs. 110.00
Add: Compulsory PA Cover for Owner-Driver Rs.2,00,000
Add:Emergency transport and hotel expenses (TA10) Rs. 110.00

B. TOTAL LIABILITY PREMIUM Rs. 1,425.00

Add:Key Replacement (Sum Insured (SI) Rs. 25000.00 per occurrence limit 50% of SI) (TA15) Rs. 265.00

C. TOTAL ADD ON PREMIUM Rs. 2,142.0

COMPREHENSIVE PREMIUM(A+B+C) Rs. 19,840.00

NET PREMIUM Rs. 19,840.00
Add : 10.30% Service Tax Rs. 2,044.00

TOTAL PREMIUM Rs. 21,883.00

Don't know if this was a good deal. Experts, Pls comment.

I would like to rate the Insurance experience with TATA AIG as 8/10.

Last edited by Maverick79 : 1st December 2011 at 16:24.
Maverick79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2011, 16:14   #2
BHPian

Finally, its a Manza QJT ABS, added to the family. Intial Ownership report @ 7.5k

The Deal from Dealer:

Pandit Auto ( Wish me good luck)

Now coming to the Hole in my pocket.

1. E.S.P - INR. 6,60,569 on 10th Feb'11.
Less Discount - 32k = Rs. 628569/-
2. RTA - Rs. 44000 /-
3. Logistics Charges - Rs. 5500/- ( I don't know what logistics do they do. Bring a vehicle from Ranjangaon to Pune, and then taking it to Octroi post and back to showroom hardly costs a day's salary of a driver- Max 1000 bucks.)
4. Insurance Quote - Rs. 21884/- Break up explained earlier.
Covers TA01 - Depriciation reimbursment.
TA08 - Repair of glass, fibre, plastic and rubber parts.
TA09 - Loss of personal belongings.
TA10 - Emergency transportation and hotel expenses.
TA15 - Key replacement.
5. Extended Warranty - Rs. 3350/- for another two years peace of mind as I thinking of keeping this vehicle for the next 5 years atleast. (No assurances though!).

So the Total OTR (1+2+3+4+5) as on 20th Feb was Rs. 703595.

Freebies Bargaining.

What were offered up on initial niggling,
1. Mudflaps
2. Foot mats exluding the dicky mat.

Round two of bargaining increased them to,
1. Mudflaps.
2. Foot mats including the dicky mat.
3. Garware Sunfilm.
4. Discounted Seat covers( Only 7% off on the total price of Rs.5700/-)
5. Discounted Reverse parking sensors( Only 7% off on the total price of Rs.6200/-)
6. Alloys 5 nos at 22.8k ( After exchange of old ones + another 7% discount).

I rounded the first 3 options as I found another lucrative deal for seat covers.The reverse parking sensors were not from xenos or RD but some local / chinese make and the alloys were postponed for the time being.
Will elobrate this experience later.

Then comes the,

Pre Registration Inspection

Was lucky enough to have a look of the vehilce before registration as their yard was very close to my work place, near chikali.

Followed the checklist Posted on our forum. Thanks to Team- BHP once again.
Pre Registration PDI - excel.xls

Let the Pics do the talking. Please excuse me for the quality of the snaps, as I managed the shoot with my 2MP mobile camera at around 5.30pm on 20th Feb'11.

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00265201102241825.jpg
Oh! so many virgin rides. Where is mine?
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00266201102241826.jpg
Here it is. My ride.
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00267201102241826.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00268201102241826.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00269201102241827.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00277201102241829.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00292201102241834.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00293201102241834.jpg
The views taken after 4 merry go rounds around the car.
Found no dents, damages, squeks, scratches, lines, ruboffs,etc. Luckily.
First part of Pre Registration inspection found okay.

Last edited by Maverick79 : 17th November 2011 at 14:25.
Old 6th July 2011, 12:24   #3
BHPian

Finally, its a Manza QJT ABS, added to the family. Intial Ownership report @ 7.5k

Now, opened the door for ODO check as per the PDI check list.

Received information from Ranjangaon yard sources about the initial running of 8kms on the odo for this particular car before dispatch to the dealer.
But, here is the shocker. The ODO reads 119 kms at the dealer's yard. Immediately called the sales guy.
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00262201102241822.jpg
The explanation I got from him is as follows.

Distance from Ranjangaon yard to Pimpri yard - 80kms.( Checked my self and found Ok)
For getting the Octroi - 15kms + 15kms = 30kms.( Not sure at that time. But verified and found okay later)
Hence the total running = 110kms +8kms.
An excess of 1 kms. Accepted.

Got to satisfy my self with the justification.

But, what the hell are these Logistic charges of Rs 5500/- quoted by the dealer?
Shouldn't they move the car from Ranjangaon to Pune through truck and then charge this huge amount and get it properly justified then!
God knows how the running in of the first 100kms was done by the driver who rode it.

When I mentioned about this running in concern - the sales guy who dealt with me was kind of " what is running in? We can even reduce this ODO back to 10 or 11kms". Now this was a second shocker for me.

First ripping the car for first 100kms and then tampering with the Speedo cable wire for correcting it back?
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00301201102241836.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00297201102241835.jpg
After the first 5 points are checked along with the disappointment about the excess ODO reading, followed the check list further with a heavy heart.

6. Inside the bonnet examination.
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00298201102241836.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00299201102241836.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00300201102241836.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00304201102241837.jpg
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00304201102241837.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	440.9 KB
ID:	573068

Found Normal. But dusty. It rained the day before slightly.

7. The Battery inspection.

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00308201102241838.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00309201102241838.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00310201102241838.jpg

Got the battery Warranty card later at the time of delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00307201102241837.jpg  

Last edited by Maverick79 : 17th November 2011 at 14:28.
Old 6th July 2011, 12:37   #4
BHPian

8. Trunk Lid Examination.

No abnormalitiy found. The gaps were even at all the lines. Closing effort and sound found ok.

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00284201102241832.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00321201102241842.jpg
The Speakers.
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00285201102241833.jpg
They need a replacement I guess. The Bass is not at all pleasing to my ears. May be, further settings would might meet my requirement.
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00286201102241833.jpg.
Tool Kit, Jack, Tommy Bar - tucked inside tool kit neatly. Tool kit location can be fastened in a rubber thread like holding.
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00320201102241841.jpg
But were loose when boot was opened. They generally do it for inspection done at the dispatch gate. Confirmed from the check list.
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00288201102241833.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00289201102241833.jpg
Found dust at all the possible gaps. Was in the yard for more than a month I guess.
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00290201102241833.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00291201102241833.jpg

9. Tires.

All 5 of them are Bridgestones. No tire wrinkles found on the shoulder. Nor any visible damages/ marks/ lines/ cuts/ scratches.
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00278201102241830.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00279201102241830.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00280201102241830.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00281201102241830.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00282201102241830.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00283201102241830.jpg

However, the Air pressure seems to be low. They generally keep it on the lower side to avoid tire bursts due to excess heat exposure in the open parking yards. As explained by the S.A and yard management person.

Last edited by Maverick79 : 17th November 2011 at 14:30.
Old 6th July 2011, 14:18   #5
BHPian

PDI - Pre Registration.
10. Glove Box inspection.
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6250056.jpg

11. Windows and Mirrors.
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6250079.jpg
Name:  P6250080.JPG
Views: 1405
Size:  38.0 KB

The gaps on the Panel Electric controlled mirrors are very much sahbby in fit and finish.

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6250081.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6250082.jpg

Hope they have improved much in Elan and the refresh Manza.

The Rear Windshield Defogger.
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6250090.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00275201102241829.jpg  

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6250063.jpg  

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6250054.jpg  

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6250064.jpg  

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6250065.jpg  

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6250089.jpg  

Last edited by Maverick79 : 17th November 2011 at 14:31.
Old 21st July 2011, 14:41   #6
BHPian

Pre Registration Inspection:

12. The Interiors.

Now coming to the interiors, found most of them clean. Luckily.

But found some rain water splashed on the Sill. Calls for a through wash before delivery.
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00270201102241828.jpg

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00271201102241828.jpg

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00272201102241828.jpg

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00273201102241828.jpg

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00274201102241828.jpg

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00275201102241829.jpg

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00276201102241829.jpg

Now coming to the,

13. Drivers Seat.
Checked all the positions.
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6250073.jpg

14. Keys.
Checked both the keys and found the manual as well the remote is working from a considerable distance of 50 feet.

Few Under body shoots,
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6130044.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6130045.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6130046.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6130060.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6130061.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6130062.jpg

With the list from Team-BHP, I had a wonderful Pre registration inspection experience.
Could conclude all the steps in flat two hours. Left the dealers yard due to poor light.

Appologise for the poor quality of the snaps as I took them from my 2MP mobile camera and it was after 5.30pm in the evening before the sun set.

With this I am concluding the Pre Registration Inspection stage.

Last edited by Maverick79 : 17th November 2011 at 14:33.
Old 21st July 2011, 15:37   #7
BHPian

The Documentation Experience:

Being a migrant to Pune, I had my own set of problems for residence proof.

Though I had the company's letter as a residence proof, the police verification certificate and the affidavit became a must in my case as I don't have a LIC statement as an address proof. Hence I was forced to get the affidavit.

The guys in Pandit were really not sure of what exactly are a must have , and what are needed as support documents.
After loosing a weeks time from 25th Feb, I finally met a senior in pandit and declared about the list of doucments I had with me. Till then, I was trying for all possible documents from different sources.

1. The notorised rent aggrement ( Not Registered).
2. Police verification certificate,
3. The Company's letter for address proof.
4. The affidavit.

He gave a call to some senior person in the RTA and confirmed that these docs are sufficient for registration. A Big relief.
I would also like to mention about our mate Jealousdiamond's help and guidance along with his morale boost to get the documentation done. Thank's mate.

Immediately got a call from home about sum of the total nos suitable for me as per the astrology/ numerology what ever. The sum should be 6 in total. Need to make my parents happy again.
As MH14 is already present, I asked the S.A for a sum of '1' for the next 4 digits. He added another Rs. 1k for this and assured I would get a sum of 1 for the last four nos.

Finally got the Vehicle registered on 8th March.
Delivery was planned on 9th March. Our 2nd anniversary. ( as per the telugu calender). Initially it was planned on 27th Feb, our parents 35th Anniversary. But missed it.

The PDI :

The promised time was 10.00 am on 9th March'11.
Reached there on time with the PDI check lists and loaded camera along with parents and better half.
tbhp_checklist for PDI.doc
As usual, there was no car available.
Upon some firing, the car came at 11.30am. Meawhile, got all the documents from the dealer. Also bargained about the accessories promised earlier.

Got the car cleaned and then the Garware classic was installed. Promised was a regular one. Paid extra 500 bucks for the 'classic'.
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6250057.jpg
Took warranty card of the same.

Now for final PDI, I was armoured with two check lists. One with my Dad, has first part of inspection and other part with me. So we could finish the check lists very fast.
Mean while Wife and Mother were preparing for pooja.

We took a complete hour and half to finish the PDI. Luckily, found satisfied this time.
As the car was washed before us, Dad was after him to make it very clean and tidy.
The following list was also very help full.
Guide lines for first buy.doc

Finally, completed the entire procedure of Team-BHP PDI checklist.

The Delivery Experience:

I finally received my ride, along with a sweet packet and the following documents,

1. The owners manual and 4 free service cupons.
2. The receipt of registration.
3. The invoice copy from the dealer.
4. The radio manual.
5. Battery warrantly card.
6. Music system Remote (installed and active).
7. Garware Film Warranty card.

The freebies as promised.
1. Mudflaps.
2. Carpets ( Boot carpet was an addition. Thought I need to push for that again. But didn't).
3. Sun film (Garware Classic).

Gave a pen as gift to the S.A. He was just surprised and said 'Thank you for this, even after the delay in getting your car'.

I would rate the PDI and Delivery experience with Pandit as 6/10.

Hope they will improve on this.
Esp. the attitude of the S.A towards the customers and the products.

Left the dealer and went directly to a Hanuman temple for pooja and then to a Ganesh temple followed by Lunch.
Next day, planned a Shirdi trip with family.
Attached Thumbnails
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6120026.jpg  

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6120027.jpg  

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6120028.jpg  

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6130037.jpg  

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6130066.jpg  

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6130067.jpg  

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6130069.jpg  

Last edited by Maverick79 : 17th November 2011 at 14:41.
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:47   #8
BHPian

The First 1K Kms Experience :

After the delivery, as planned, went to Shirdi.
It was really hard to maintain at sub 2000 rpms on the tacho when you get flat empty stretches.

The ride: It was butter smooth. Pot holes were gobbled up very nicely. Mom was feeling relaxed. She didn'f feel tired this time unlike her last trip experience in M800 on the same stretch, two months ago.
Dad was enjoying the rear central arm rest to the fullest.
The cornering was good and confidence inspiring even at speeds of 80kmph. This was a risk in my earlier ride.
Got a very good view of the road and rear along with sides when I changed the height setting to the max on the drivers seat. Though I am 5' 9", I feel the height adjustment is really a great feature.

The set back - Backing this car is not very easy as you hardly see anything. But I felt it better than the Dezire's view.

I would like to give 8/10 for the The driving and maneuverability of this car.

The gear shift, Acceleration and pickup: I some how felt the gear shift was not as smooth as I expected. The throw was short for 1 st and second, less smoother compared to the 3rd and 4th shifts. Need to mention in the first service requirements.

Now coming to the acceleration part of it, I just enjoyed it to the fullest. Actually, you don't need to use the accelerator. Just release the clutch and zooooom.... it picks up from 1st, 2nd and even the 3rd gears. Just waiting to complete the 'Running In' as I am currently restricted to 2k Rpm.
It drives like an automatic in slow city driving. Esp in the third gear. Just play with brake and accelerator if needed. Minimum cruising speed is 20KMPH and it it reaches to 35kmph with out touching the gas pedal in fourth as well.

The third gear has a very good range from 20kmph to 60kmph. Didn't go beyond that speed in this gear as the rpm is shooting more than 2.5k.

Though the Running In Sticker shows, the speed limits for each gear, I felt I need to stress more on the RPM than the speed. Hence was always lower than the speeds mentioned in the Running in limits, while trying to meet the RPMs.

The ride picks up well even in the 4th gear.
Turbo was evident only after I touch 1.8 or 2k on the Tacho. But it is always as smooth unlike the sudden kick in Linea or Dzire.

I would like to rate 7/10 here.

The cars some how feels sluggish when you need a sudden requirement of power at lower speeds or below 2k rpm. Though it zooms once it touches the 2k, it takes some time to reach the 1.8k mark and that is where you feel its slow/ sluggish.

A nasty experience while returning from Shirdi.

The LH rear Wheel cap was robbed off in the parking lot. Was skeptical about it while parking my car along the side of another Dew White Manza with KA registration. Noticed one of its wheel cap missing while I was looking my car.

Just came back and found the wheel cap missing and the KA registered car too.

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6130051.jpg

Also, while returning a small 'tick tick' sound started coming from the rear 'C' pillar on the RH side.
Dad tried to feel the location exactly but couldn't as it was ocassionally coming after the ride goes over some pot holes and bad stretches.

Added to the list of issues in the first free servicing appointment.

The equipments and features: The ABS is really a boon. Was helpfull at many instances while coming back. Linked up my phone with the H.U for calling.
I am very much impressed with the quality of reception and voice. Liked it very much and felt satisfied while driving and talking through it.
The Lower back rest adjustment is really helpfull. Now I feel how much comfort I missed in my M800 on those long drives.
The audio is decent enough. Need to change the settings of BASS and E Bass to get the complete effect. FM reception too was good.
The rear roof lamp is easily reachable for both front and rear occupants.

Would like to rate 9/10 on the features and equipment comfort.

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00371201103211732.jpg My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00376201103211733.jpg

I am enjoying the special looks and the VIP sort of treatment when ever I pass through my company gate.
Its truely - A Class Apart!.

Planned pending Accessories:

1. Parking Sensors along with the IRVM display.
2. Seat Covers.
3. Alloys.

1. The search for parking sensors started before taking the delivery itself and was rounded to RD. Didn't find the Xenos that attractive, both in price and features. Also, the dealer was offering a chinese make product. Didn't find it reliable after seeing them getting installed on a Linea at the show room. A sort of live demo. Neither the noise nor the color of the display was attractive.
Hence rounded off on RD.

RD Parking aids.pdf.

The wholesale dealer didn't quote the price and said only his retail counter part will do. But assured a discount on the market price from his listed retail dealers.
Finally closed the deal at Rs. 4.4k, for a Six sensors (4 at back and 2 on the front bumper) along with Voice and display / distance indicators including the installation.

Model : TF - 990
Detects objects while reversing
Display on rear view mirror
Ultra variable florescent display
Light illuminating back sensors
Display by digit, direction & voice. Mounted on original rear view mirror.
One year warranty.

This is how it works when an obstacle is found.
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6250045.jpg My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6250046.jpg.

The IRVM is fixed on the OEM's IRVM as below.
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6250061.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6250062.jpg

While installing the speaker, there was a communication gap between me and the mechanic regarding the location of the same. I was under an impression that it would be hidden while the accessories guy has an intention to place it outside the A or B pillar. When the location is finalized as RH A pillar, the guy removed it and started to slot in order to take the wire outside for placing the speaker, which is of an Old Rs 10 coin size, with an adhesive base.

Two sensors on front bumper

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p8210012.jpg My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p8210014.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p8210015.jpg My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p8210016.jpg

Before I could realize what he was doing, the following damage happened.
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p6250058.jpg

Later insisted him to place the speaker inside and saved further damage.
I need to live with it now.

2. The Seats Shopping.

First tried for Autofoam. Almost finalized their U Impress model with Biege color to match interiors. Their quote was Rs. 5.8 k including fitment. Then came a deal through a reference. The supplier's for Tata Accessories were ready to offer them for Rs. 3.1K including fitment.
Pardon me again for the low quality pics as I managed with my 2MP mobile camera.

Here they are.
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00405201104271542.jpg

As per earlier info, seats are to be removed for stiching. But these guys managed without removing the seats.

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00401201104271533.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00402201104271533.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00403201104271541.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00407201104271552.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00398201104271532.jpg  

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00399201104271533.jpg  

Last edited by Maverick79 : 1st December 2011 at 16:46.
Old 18th August 2011, 17:43   #9
BHPian

Finally, its a Manza QJT ABS, added to the family. Intial Ownership report @ 7.5K

Odo Shows 1.15k kms and its time for the 1st service.

I too, am not that lucky, to have a complete niggle free experience with Tata's product. Here follows my share,

1. When ever a bump/ speed breaker is approached, A 'Phirrrrr' noise started coming from the front shocks. Even at speeds as low as 15kmph. Not found at futher low speeds though.
This started after some 800kms or so, and became more frequent then onwards.

2. Front RH window pane closes with a ' Kat' noise while winding up.
Change in path of the glass travelling up is clearly visible at the last 2 inches of travel. At the first instance, felt like a pebble hit on one of the glasses and was looking for the source all around.

3. Vairation in LH and RH Head light beam focus. L.H was more than R.H.

4. Lumbar support adjustment levers loosened after very little usage. Orientation too changed now. Even, guys at Seat cover fitment found the same and complained.

5. 'tik tik' noise from the RH C pillar on rough roads, just like the one found in new busses. Like small chirping noise of the rivetted joints. Dad tried for an hour to feel / identify its location, but in vain.

Finally managed an appointment on 9th April, exactly one month after the delivery of my ride.

After reading the wonderful experience of our fellow BHPian, Jealousdiamond, there were no second thoughts in taking my ride to TASC in Langdewadi, Pimpri.
http://http://www.team-bhp.com/forum...xperience.html

I reached there at 9.45am. Was approached by a front office executive for verification of my appointment and then a call for the assigned S.A was placed who was in the shop.
The workshop was crowded with Taxi's as it was a Saturday.
Mean while, went to meet the Head of this workshop Mr. Raghunath Pakre, who informed about the S.A Mr. Amol ( recommended by jealousdiamond) was on leave and hence assigned Mr. Ravi to attend me. We had some brief intro and some chat regarding T-BHP with Mr. Parke.

Mr. Ravi joted down all the issues on the job card and also attached a copy of my list of problems and later took me for a drive to have a first cut info on all the issues.

My ride was handed over to mechanics who first completed their regular 1K service check points list as per SOP, before lunch.

(There is small canteen in the premises itself, providing simple maharashtrian thali for just 40 bucks. It was good in all taste, hygine and quantity.)

Post luch, slowly, each issue was attended one by one. Seeing me standing along with the car, the mechanics didn't hesitate to approach for getting clarifications on what I scribbled in the issues sheet attached.

By 3.00pm my ride was ready for another drive. This time, I was offered the wheel by Mr. Ravi to check for their service quality.

1. They have tightened some bushes and applied grease on both the front struts foundations. No more Phirrr noise at speed breakers.
2. Frnt RH window pane was opened to tighten a link which was found loose. Closing now is smooth and noise less.
3. Was explained on the increase in LH beam lenght than the R.H beam to cover a larger area while coming to the left of the road / road side when another vehicle is approaching in the wrong side at nights. Convinced.
4. Lumbar support levers were corrected.
5. This sound appeared again. But in a smaller magnitude. To further investigate, we drove to another location in search of a long pathchy road to only hear clearly.

Finally, Mr. Ravi requested to leave the car as they need to send it to the Pimpri Service centre in order to check the BIW for Weld spot missing. I was in no mood to leave my ride as I planned many trips ahead. Hence, started to live with it till the next service.

Next comes the washing experience.
Due to the crowd, it took more than 40 mins to jack up my ride for washing. Jets were all over except, inside the open bonnet, unlike my M800 exp.
The mechanics were instructed, as a strict 'no' for washing the QJT engine bay with water jets, by the Fiat people.
Now, this is where my B.P and pitch of Voice rose, when one of the quys started applying polish directly on FAD cover with out giving it a dry air wash atleast over the dust. Immediatley, the supervisor of washing bay ran towards him and was along with him for the entire process.
They are not that particular about cleaning the glass area it seems. Found so many untidy marks almost on all the glasses.

My Verdict on the First free servicing exerience at T.A.S.S Langdewadi.

1. Reception: 7/10.
2. Time taken for S.A to get the details and other formalities : 6/10.
3. Understanding of problems by S.A: 9/10.
4. Finding solutions and solving the issues: 9/10.
5. Post service T.D: 9/10.
6. Cleanliness after the Service: 4/10.
7. Recomend this T.A.S.S - Will take a call after my second service experience.

Total damage to pocket : Rs. ZERO

2nd K done just in a span of 1 week.

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00395201104151851.jpg

Achieved the 4k kms mark on 14th May.
Thanks to the frequent trips to Mumbai, to train my two new bosses.

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00409201105141731.jpg

End May, I completed 5 K and planned for 2nd service. Planned for a long drive Pune -Hyd - Pune from 7th to 13th June, for my Sis's Wedding.
Yes, I missed the Pune - Mumbai mega meet on 12th June due to this very reason.

However, couldn't give the car on time and hence thought of getting it inspected once again on 5th June.
All oil levels, steering oreintaion, etc. were checked. Insisted for an air filter cleaning and tyre rotation.
Got it done at 5.3k Kms. After a go ahead from the S.A, decided to go for a long drive as planned.

Here comes my ride as a Wedding car...

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p8020312.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p8020311.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p8020313.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p8020309.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p8020310.jpg

And now the after effects..

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00528201107241244.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00525201107241244.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00526201107241244.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00527201107241244.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00531201107241332.jpg

So Guys, my advice is,

Think Twice Before making your Ride as a Wedding Car!

It took a whole 4 hours of workout for cleaning these marks, inch by inch, with a soft cloth dipped in small amounts of petrol.

Last edited by Maverick79 : 4th February 2012 at 13:38.
Old 7th November 2011, 14:22   #10
BHPian

Re: Finally, its a Manza QJT ABS, added to the family. Intial Ownership report @ 7.5k

Well, coming to long drive fuel consumption of my ride, it returned me 23.5kmpl with 5 adults and half the boot filled from Pune to Hyd and 22.9 kmpl, while returning with 4 adults and completely filled boot (Almost fully loaded for the first time) with similar curising speeds.

I was cruising between 60-80kmph and never crossed 2.5k on this trip. A/C utilization was 50% for the entire journey.
Was worried about bottom getting scrapped on the roads of karnataka. But didn't face that situation. Will upload the complete excel sheet with actual fuel consumption details in later posts.

As the ODO crossed 6.6k post the hyd trip, it was time for a second free service.

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-6666-kms.jpg

My list of observations/ issues and solutions given by S.A. Mr. Ravi of Pandit Auto,Bhosri this time. He simply attaches my sheet with the Job card.

1. Return of 'Phirrr' noise from front Suspension. Old problem
Sol. Repalced the rubber bushings under warranty.

2. Left pulling
Sol. Tyre rotation solved this issue.

3. Hard gearshifting.
Sol. Corrected and now its very smooth to slot.

4. Hard Clutch and sudden push back.
Sol. Adjusted the spring and its now very smooth, through out the travel.

5. LH front Window 'Kat' sound while closing. Old problem
Sol. Found the glass holding bracket screw was loose this time. Tightened it. Issue resolved.

6. Sound from R.H 'C' pillar. The old problem repeated.
Sol. Corrected this time by re routing the cables of parking assistance kit.

7. Flickering of DIS.
Sol. Has to be replaced under warranty. Stock not available. Hence postponed for next service. He already had such reports from other Manza owners too. Suprisingly, it stopped it self after another 2k kms.

8. Washer bottle Spary from L.H side jet not working.
Sol. Got it cleared. Thanks to the road construction work on my route.

9. Front bumper Setting. Had kissed a CS after a sudden braking, in the Mumbai traffic once. Hence it came off from its clips/ brackets just below the head lamps.
Sol. Done. But still there is a visible non uniformity.

This time I left my ride at service centre for three days (and felt like a small child who gave back his toys after playing in the library while leaving it.)
Hence, almost all the problems were solved.
However, I again had a very bad experience with cleanliness of my ride at delivery.
There were many oil/ grease marks inside. May be due to un tidy hands of the technicians. Washing bay guy/ inspector is least bohtered, it seems.

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00041201110041702.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00042201110041702.jpg
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00043201110041702.jpg

Total experience, right from receiving my car on first day, understanding the issues, explaining possible causes and infroming about the tentative time for delivery were good.
Also, the T.D's before and after service were good.
I was expalined about the cause of each issue and what correction/ repair/ replacement was done for all them in the list.
However, the washing and cleanliness ruined all the other positive feelings.
I would again rate 7/10 for this 2 nd free service.

Total damage to pocket was Rs. ZERO

Last edited by Maverick79 : 17th November 2011 at 15:40.
Old 17th November 2011, 16:00   #11
BHPian

Finally, its a Manza QJT ABS, added to the family. Intial Ownership report @ 10k kms.

Would like to share a unwanted experience with my ride. It got bruised on both the sides at Rear Doors in Hyderabad's traffic, when trying to escape from a reversing truck approaching.

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00526201107241244.jpg.

Luckily, it was just after my Sis's marriage cermony got concluded.

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p8210003.jpg

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p8210004.jpg

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p8210006.jpg

Incident description as mentioned in attached excel sheet.

Incident Description.xls.

Went to Pandit, Chinchwad for a quote after talking to my TATA AIG insurance guy. He quoted around Rs.18k for both and more than 10 days for returning back my ride after repair.
I was really worried and grew sekptical to leave my ride at his mercy. Meanwhile, the Insurance guy, suggested Carnation to me.
Went to their Tathwade branch, located on the Mumbai-Banglore high way.
He quoted me Rs. 9.5k for both sides and an amount of Rs500 to be paid from my pocket.
He would give back the vehicle in flat 4 working days.
I also found their Workshop very well equipped in all the body, paint , Under body, Assembly areas.

It was almost end of August when I approached Carnation for the quote and felt a bit worried as the incident took place on 12th June. Was assured by my Insurance guy for a no problem experience. However, the surveyor too took his on time. As the Ganpati celebrations started, Mr. Sunil from Carnation mentioned about the low attendence of his work force and hence the delivery might get further delayed unlike the 4 days as promised earlier.
Satisfied with their genuine reason, ( left with not other choice too) handed over my ride only after the festival and got it back in 3 days it self.
I would like to rate the Carnation experience as below.

1. Front Office: 3/5. Still a long way to go. No proper stucture and job distribution between executives.
2. Facilities : 4/5. They had all the latest welding/ brazing/ painting/ machining/ lifting/ cleaning/ polishing equipments. Area was also very huge. Found individual shops for assembly / body and paint works.
3. Skill of the S.A and technicians: 4/5.
4. Cleaning of my ride: 4/5.

Total damage to my pocket: Rs. 500 only. Rest Rs. 9454 was borne by TATA AIG.

I really appreciate the services provided by TATA AIG, regarding their understanding of the insurance, time taken and final closure of the issue.

Got this small black mark cleared with their polish with out any trace.
Attached Thumbnails
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-p8210011.jpg  

Last edited by Maverick79 : 3rd February 2012 at 16:18.
Old 4th February 2012, 11:51   #12
BHPian

Re: Finally, its a Manza QJT ABS, added to the family. Long term Ownership review

I am enjoying the race between time and my ODO reading. Touched 9K while entering into the sixth month of ownership.

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00028201109210817.jpg

Slowly, every body in the family started waiting for long drives than short city trips. However, was able to cover only a single Pune - Hyd - Pune trip and 3 shirdi and 2 more Mumbai trips.

As soon as I got my brother's wedding card. I looked at my wife and she was like ' Lets Go!' .

The wedding is in Vizag and we both became more excited to go by road.
Further, ther ridiculous/ mad increase in price of bus tickets in the Dusshera season became another reason.

But before that, I felt the need to get the 3rd free service done.

Here goes the list of issues again.

ODO: 9934kms. Date: 3rd Oct.

1. Tyre rotation/ balancing.
2. Light kaar kaar noise. Though it was from the drive shaft.
3. Engine Oil change.
4. Front Bumper Correction.
5. Phir Phir Noise from the front Struts - Started again
6. Wiper on the passenger side leaves gaps while cleaning.
7. Lumbar support knob slipping - Driver seat.
8. High beam correction.
9. Water seepage in Boot RH side.
10. RH Front window glass makes a KAT sound while closing.
11. DIS starts blinking some times. On the temp side mostly.

Again went to Mr. Ravi, S.A of the Langdewadi, Bhosi MIDC, Pandit TASS. Also mentioned him about my Long drive of 2.7K Kms.

He adujsted my appointment and immediately took the vehicle inside. After 10 mins, we went for the test drive. Explained all the problems.
He confirmed about many cases of DIS malfunction. Hence would be replaced under warranty. However, there is no stock right now at all their centers.
He was reluctant to change the oil as the manual says to change only at 20k kms.
I was very particular and hence insisted to get that changed. Also found the color of the oil greyish black, with a light green shade.

Said, he might need another day for getting the leakage issue solved. Found no other option to leave my ride with him again.

Next day received a call at 3.00pm and said the car is getting washed and would be ready in another 45mins.

Went there and found my ride was still in queue for washing. Hence immediately took a T.D along with Ravi.

1. Tyre roatation and balancing done.
2. The Kar kar noise disappeared. Said there was some pipe getting rubbed near the drive shaft. Didn't get damaged or even brushed luckily.
3. Engine Oil chaged. However, I found the color similar to the old one. Hence, he took me to their store manager who showed me the fresh oil barrel and convinced me that the new oil is also of same color with more of greenish shade, later. That was the reason he was recomending me not to change the oil till next service as it still left with 50% life.
However, I felt its safe to change as I planned for a Long drive of more than 2.7k kms trip of Pune - Vizag - Pune in a very short span of 4 days.
Furhter I never crossed 10K Oil change intervals with my first love M800 also.
4. Bumper Correction done.
5. This time he changed the rubber bushing again with a newly designed one. This is acually at the ARB unlike the earlier assumption of struts.
He also mentioned this as a common complaint with many other Manza owners too. Last time too, he replaced the same under warranty.
Finally noise disappeared.
6. Didn't change and recomended to change the same in rainy season.
7. Knob adjustment would be done only at TJC factory in Hinjewadi from where the seats are manufactured. Will get it done, if I leave the vehicle for atleast 4 days.
8. High beam correction not required as it not disturbed as per their measuring standards.
9. Found the culprit as, the cut made while inserting the reverse parking sensors by the accessories mechanic. An insulation was applied. However, was not sure if it works?
10. Corrected the power window mechanism again and operation became smooth and back to normal.
11. DIS out of stock will be replaced in the next service.

Total Damage - Rs. 5419.

Split - Al prices inclusive VAT (12.50%)
1. 3.2 L MOBIL 1 0W40 - Rs. 3271/-
2. Oil Filter - 354.67/-
3. Bardahl Engine Tuneup & Flush - 0.001 litre - Rs. 400/-
4. All Purpose Cleaner - Rs. 44.44/-
5. Sound deadening Strip - Rs. 60.44/-
6. ARB bearing block - 2 nos - FOC under Warranty.
7. Wheel Balancing and Rotation including wts. - Rs. 375/-
8. Many other regular checks - FOC.
9. Frnt Wheel alignment - Rs 325/-

Total : 4130.66/- + Service Tax @10% + Education Cess@ 2% + S&HE Cess @1 % = 772.10

Total first maintenance cost : Rs. 5419.00/-

Now coming to the washing experience.

I would say they are still doing it for the sake of washing. Least bothered. No formal/ disciplined procedure followed for the quality of wash.
They don't touch the interior except glass cleaning. Pls find the snaps below with dry leaves still left after the wash which could be removed by just blowing air.

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00044201110041743.jpg

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00045201110041743.jpg

To sum up the experience this time,

Time management : 8/10.
Understanding of Issues : 9/10
Resolving Issues : 7/10.
Cleanliness of the ride : 5/10.

Now my ride is ready for its first really 'LOOOONNNNG Drive'

Last edited by Maverick79 : 4th February 2012 at 13:32.
Old 11th February 2012, 14:10   #13
BHPian

Re: Finally, its a Manza QJT ABS, added to the family. Intial Ownership report @ 4.5k

Post third service, My Ride was ready for its first longest drive, Pune - Vizag - Pune in a very tight schedule as below

7th Oct - Pune to Hyd : Started from Pune at 4.45pm and reached Hyd by 2.15am next day. Took rest.
This was my first late night drive, after almost 5 years.

8th Oct - Hyd to Vizag : Needed at least 6 hrs of solid sleep, hence started late at 9.30am and reached Vizag by 8.00pm. Searched for the Community hall for attending my cousin's wedding for another 45mins in Steel City.

Took a very pathetic route. Suryapet - Khammam - Sathupalli - Rajamundry - Vizag. Unfortunately, all the reviews of this route were good and all of them were before moonsoon. Post moonsoon, the condition deteriorated very much. Couldn't avoid a Pot hole after crossing Sattupalli and had a significant bend / dent in the LH FRNT Wheel rim. Tyre not Punctured though. Bridgestones! Once again proved. Replaced with stephney immediately ,though no pressure drop was found, as it might disturb the wheel allignment and moved ahead.

9th Oct - Vizag to Hyd : Could start only after 3.00pm and took the regular Vizag - Rajamundary - Eluru - Vijayawada - Suryapet route to reach Hyd only by 4:00 am next day.

Was on time till Vijayawada. But after having a dinner break of 30 mins and crossing Vijayawada, the traffic grew denser due to the movement of Busses in bathces of 10 along with Police escort.
Thanks to Telangana Issue!
10th Oct - Hyd to Pune: Had a deep six hour sleep and could start back to Pune only by 10.45am. Reached only by 12.30pm to BHEL HP pump for a final fuel refill. Thanks to monday morning traffic in Hyd.

Touched Pune city by 9.00pm Another one hr for dinner and reaching home.

Picks taken at the start of the trip.

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00046201110050805.jpg My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00049201110050808.jpg

Touched 140 kmph for the first time on the Rajamundry - Vizag express way on 8th Oct evening.

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-first-time-140kmph.jpg

Was acompanied by better half while going to Vizag and added Parents while returning from Vizag to Hyd and only better half again, while returning back to Pune.

Odo was 12600 approx. Couldn't take a pic though.

The Long Drive experience:

As I insisted for an engine oil change, I reaped the benefit of it. The engine was butter smooth all across my drive.
After returning, didn't feel I did this long drive in such a short span of time even though I was the sole driver. Enjoyed every bit of my ride in this road, the sun sets, the late night drives, the good roads, the bad roads, every thing was really exciting.

Was able to pull easily from 100 to 120 or even more with the slightest tap on the gas pedal in the overdrive. Didn't push beyond 140kmph though, due to road conditions and it started raining slowly after that.

Road manners were on the higher side of Decent behaviour. Not much of tail wagging found below 120 kmph.

Luckily, never came an oppurtunity to test the ABS by sudden braking.

The regular braking was always confidence inspiring.

Cornering too was not at all an issue at 80 to 100 kmph speeds.

The frequent vertical movement was not found with 4 adults and little luggage in the entire span of 600 odd kms form Vizag to Hyd.

I couldn't recall a single bottom scrap event, in the entire Vijayawada - Hyd 4 way lanning stretch with 4 adults while returning.

Mileage figures were captured in my mileage sheet attached along with the driving condition and petrol filling station details.

This car can cruise at 120kmph all the day happily with the temperature gauge in its normal position.

The vehicles Goobles small to medium patches at ease, even at high speeds. (The Kar sound from the ARB clamp bush completely dissappeared. )

However, I felt the High beam throw was in adequate and it restricts our speeds to 110 -120kmph. I would feel it as a blessing in disguise though, for night driving.

This looong drive boasted my night driving confidence to the higher levels.

Again did a Pune - Hyd - Pune trip in Diwali Vacations. From 25th to 31st Oct.

Odo crossed 15k and it was time for tyre rotation. Went to Anand Tyres opposite to Alfa Laval on the Old Pune - Mumbai road.

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-15-k-crossed-8th-nov.jpg

This guy has IR or Laser guided euipment for allignment. Got it done.
Also found Nitrogen filling equipment. Hence for the first time, filled Nitrogen in my ride's shoes.
Charges
  • Nitrogen filling : Rs.70 for all the 5 tyres.
  • Wheel allignment : Rs. 180.
He has very good collection of Platis. Also many imported brands of tyres.

Pressure drop of 1 psi found only in the 4th week check, that too only in one tyre.

Time is turning fast and and so is the ODO,
touched and crossed 17k after the Pune - Hyd - Pune trip.

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-17-k-odo.jpg Name:  At 17777 Odo.jpg
Views: 1102
Size:  28.3 KB

Also 19k by 30th Dec.

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-19-k-odo-30th-dec-11.jpg

Last edited by Maverick79 : 11th February 2012 at 14:24.
Old 1st June 2012, 17:11   #14
BHPian

Re: Finally, its a Manza QJT ABS, added to the family. Intial Ownership report @ 4.5k

One more Pune - Hyd - Pune trip planned for 'Sankranti'. 13th to 16th Jan'12.
As usual, enjoyed the drive.

Sincerely appologise for the quality of the pics as I managed most of the time with my 2MP mobile camera only.

Odo crossed 20k mark and its time for the 4th and last free service.
My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00065201201131719.jpg

My points/ issues/ concerns before the S.A. Again Mr. Ravi from Pandit, MIDC.

1. Front Suspension noise ( Again re appeared around 17 k Odo. But only in cold condition)
Sol. Got the ARB bushes replaced under warranty.

2. RH Frnt Winding 'kat' noise. ( Again re appeared).
Sol. The winding mechanism is found as culprit. Got it replaced under warranty.

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00097201201211705.jpg

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00098201201211705.jpg

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00099201201211714.jpg

3. Front bumper correction.
Sol. Almost matched.

4. Fog Lamp got hit by a dog.
Sol. Got it replaced. Shelled out from my pocket.

5. Tyre Rotation and Wheel allignment and balancing.
Sol. Done.

6. Dash board noise.
Sol. Just tightened the screws. Noise disappeared.

7. DIS got kaput. Display completely gone blank after 19k. The temp digits initially( at 9k Odo) started blinking and disappeared. Followed by the AVG(14k odo) and finally the time display( at 19k Odo).
Sol. Got it replaced under warranty.

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-new-speedo.jpg

8. Oil change. As planned.
Sol. Done with regular procedure and added cost.

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-img00093201201211637.jpg

The bill details.

1. Other Item - 4, Qty -1 , Paid, Rs. 10.67.
2. Auxillary Tank Assy - Qty 1, Warranty, Rs.0.
3. Shellac Bottle Gasket fixing, Qty 1, Paid, Rs. 12.44.
4. DIS, Qty 1, Warranty, Rs. 0.
5. Instrument Cluster, Qt 1, Warranty, Rs. 0
6. Fuel Filter W/O Water Level Sensor Assy, Qty 1, Paid, Rs. 211.78.
7. Bardahl Engine TuneUp & Flush, Qty 0.001 ltr, Paid, Rs. 400.
8. Other Item - 9, Qty - 1, Paid, Rs. 302.
9. Bardahl Diesel Combustion Improver, Qty - O.001 Ltr, Paid, Rs. 302.22
10. Oil filter, Qty 1, Paid, Rs. 354.67.
11. All purpose cleaner, Qty 1, Paid, Rs. 44.44
12. Synt Engine Oil Castrol Professinal Edge 5W40, Qty 3.2 Ltr, Paid, Rs. 2702.21.
13. ARB Bearing Block, Qty 2, Paid, Rs. 35.56.
14. Assy Window Wind unit Elt Frt Dr LH, Qty 1, Warranty, Rs. 0.
15. Tyre Rotation, Rs. FOC.
16. Front Wheel Allignment, Paid, Rs. 325.
17. Balance Wheel, Paid. Rs. 375.
18. Standard Checks ( RR RH Cpillaer Noise+ Bush Replacement), Paid, Rs. 450.
19. Replace Instru Clu, Warranty, Rs. 0
20. DIS replace, Warranty, Rs. 0.
21. STD CHeck Fr. Rh Seat Working Chek, FOC, Rs. 0..
22. R/r DashBoard Assy, Check noise, FOC, Rs. o.
23. Fourthe free Service, FOC, Rs. O.
24. Replace Door winder, Warranty, Rs. 0.
25. Frnt Anti Roll Torsion Bar Remove and Install, FOC, Rs.0.

Final Parts invoice amount: 6591.00
Final Labour Invoice amount: 1268.45.
12.5% VAT732.33.Service Tax.Rs. 115.00.

Gross Amount: 7859.00.

Now coming to the rating part on the experience.

Time management : 7/10.
Understanding of Issues : 9/10
Resolving Issues : 8/10.
Cleanliness of the ride : 4/10.

They really leave me disappointed in the terms of cleanliness.

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-untidy-cleaning.jpg

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-dust-.jpg

My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms-leaves-not-removed-after-cleaning.jpg

Didn't find time to completely go through the Bill. Don't know what the Other Item in serial no. 8 of the bill, he charged for Rs. 302. My bad.

Last edited by Maverick79 : 1st June 2012 at 18:13.
Old 3rd September 2012, 15:07   #15
BHPian

Life is highly un predictable.
I left Pune after a 4.5 years long tenure with an Indian OEM to join a U.S based MNC in Chennai.
Initially thought of selling my ride in Pune due to Re registration formalities complexity and also I will be provided with a company vehicle there in Chennai.
However, changed my mind and moved it to Chennai.

Had a wheel rotation and balancing session at 25k reading.

Got the NOC from Pimpri RTO in a span of just 9 days.

Updated Fuel Economy tracking sheet. Hope this helps who are looking for a detailed out fuel consumption experience.

Manza Fuel Economy details.xls

Finally, request Mods to change the title of this thread as "My Manza QJT Aura ABS. Complete ownership review till 20k kms" and make it public

Thanks,
Maverick79

5th Service experience at Chennai Concorde to follow...

Last edited by Maverick79 : 13th October 2012 at 17:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks