Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2011, 11:45   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Alto Lxi Green (CNG)

Hi,
Congrats on your New Alto Green.
CNG as a gas expands in the afternoons due to heat. Hence it is better if u fill CNG in the morning or in the evening post 7pm so that u get the amount of gas u really pay for.
Enjoy driving at the cost less than a 2 wheeler wid CNG
Regards,
Dr.Abhay Shah.
drabhayshah76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2011, 19:30   #17
BHPian

@CRtorquefan - Thanks! I will upload those pics by Sunday. There are a lot of interesting things happening in the engine bay. Definately more stuff in there than WagonR LPG.

@maglev - Thanks! Right now getting it filled in the mornings on the way to the office. I leave quite early in the morning, so it's working out for now.

@DryIce - Yep! It's 37km one way. It takes me only 45 min in the mornings which is great drive with only 4 redlights. In the evenings it's taking me over 1.5 hours which is a pain, but I am path-finding right now for the optimum route and making alternate routes. Should be able to make it back in under 1.5 hours.

@drabhayshah76 - Thank you! Looking forward to the cost savings.

I had tints installed today with gear lock and a rear parcel tray.

Faced my first problem on friday. Even when the blower is set to the face setting, there is some cool air leaking from the foot blower. I noticed this problem only yesterday because I wore slippers to office (yay for casual fridays). My foot froze which really demonstrates how cool the a/c really is. Will get it fixed during the first service which should be on the next weekend.
Old 13th June 2011, 08:44   #18
BHPian

Due to a busy weekend could not really get high quality pictures of the car.

Here are some pics of the CNG mechanism.

CNG Switch.
Maruti Suzuki Alto Lxi Green (CNG)-img2011061300057.jpg

CNG Input to the valves
Maruti Suzuki Alto Lxi Green (CNG)-img2011061300058.jpg

ECU
Maruti Suzuki Alto Lxi Green (CNG)-img2011061300059.jpg

Overview
Maruti Suzuki Alto Lxi Green (CNG)-img2011061300061.jpg
I will upload pics of the tank tomorrow.

Had my first dent today. Purely man-made by yours truly. The rear right door wasn't closed properly. It was locked but it was not completely closed. So I pushed it in with my hand as I always do. This caused the metal to bend inwards!!! This is to the right and above of the door handle.

A push from inside will fix this so will ask for it when I go for the first service, which should be this weekend. Hope I am not charged for it.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd November 2012 at 15:49. Reason: Aligning your attachments properly
smokie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 10:47   #19
BHPian

1000km update.

It took exactly 10 days to reach the first milestone. Dropped it off for service at Vipul Motors, Sector-3, Noida which is close to my office.

The workshop guy said they will be changing the oil and oil filter. The average has been around 25km/kg till now with 100% a/c usage. Let's see if there will be any improvement post service.

The engine has opened up considerably in the last few days. The car is getting used to me and I am getting used to the car. It now climbs some flyovers on 5th.
Old 17th July 2011, 10:41   #20
BHPian

From a long time we needed a small car for city use and it was a perfect timing in hindsight after the recent petrol price hike!

Done 6000 KMS so far, filling CNG is really a pain, its not always available and if it is available the Auto queues are so long that you are made to wait.

I moded the car to my liking so as not to make it look like a econo-box
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Alto Lxi Green (CNG)-photo191.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Alto Lxi Green (CNG)-photo190.jpg  

autohead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 00:03   #21
BHPian

Nice looking Alto. Congrats.
I see you have spruced it up with alloys. The body colored bumpers give it a neat look.
Have the shoes been upgraded as well?
Utopian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 09:48   #22
BHPian

Thanks for the compliments, well i dont remember when was the last time i used a car with OE tyres my first visit is to the the Tyre Shop for an exchange with Michelin's but this time Good Year Dura-Plus which came standard felt good so didnt change them. The Alloys are NEO with standard 4J width
Old 18th July 2011, 16:19   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Had missed your thread earlier Smokie. Congratulations on the pocket friend. Wish you many happy and safe miles with her. "Let's Go (Green)"!

Some questions -
1. So is the Alto Green fit a proper MPFI engine with CNG? I had an Omni LPG and at those times, MSIL used to fit the DUO / LPG cars with Carburetor engines instead of MPFIs citing ignition problems.

2. Was the dent on the door repaired fully during service? Its strange given the location. Above the door handle, generally there is a contour which adds to the sheet's strength. Looks like Maruti's "1 gram per part" cost saving scheme of the past has left the door panels a bit too thin?

Happy Motoring!
Old 29th July 2011, 16:45   #24
BHPian

@Reinhard - Thank you.

1. Yep, MPFI.
2. No. I asked them what they were going todo about it, and it did not feel worth the effort. It's not visible, so I rather let it be.

Finished 5000km. Took me 52 days. Service is due. Images shows some usage data. Every refuel has been tracked.

Attached Images

smokie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2011, 20:22   #25
BHPian

Third service update. Nothing major with regards to the car. Running like clockwork. Thief broke my rear right window and stole my bag.

Maruti Suzuki Alto Lxi Green (CNG)-temp.jpg
smokie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 19:05   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead View Post
From a long time we needed a small car for city use and it was a perfect timing in hindsight after the recent petrol price hike!

Done 6000 KMS so far, filling CNG is really a pain, its not always available and if it is available the Auto queues are so long that you are made to wait.

I moded the car to my liking so as not to make it look like a econo-box
How much for the fog lamps and are they oe maruti ? Or did u have to cut the bumper inserts and put a bulb in .If not oe fog lamps then any issues of water damage in heavy monsoons ?
Old 24th November 2011, 00:49   #27
BANNED

Good to see updates. What about maintainance of kit? Also heard that some sort of Checking needs to be done at RTO every 5 years for CNG/LPG vehicles. Is it true?
Old 2nd December 2011, 18:36   #28
BHPian

Thanks Smokie for your wondersful post and review !!
Old 2nd December 2011, 21:28   #29
BHPian

@smokie;
Maruti Suzuki have really done a Neat & Clean fitment of the CNG kit & it seems to be fool-proof also.

How's your Alto doing now ??
25km/kg of CNG is a great mileage.
Old 5th January 2012, 00:37   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
How much for the fog lamps and are they oe maruti ? Or did u have to cut the bumper inserts and put a bulb in .If not oe fog lamps then any issues of water damage in heavy monsoons ?
The Fog's are OE Maruti They cost around Rs.4000, The bumper inserts do need to be cut and the Fog Lamp bezel needs to be inserted and soldered (to plastic pegs provided in the bumper) no issue of water ingress in OE fogs till now
autohead is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks