Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2011, 22:11   #16
BHPian

Re: TATA Indigo Manza Elan Quadrajet -Ownership Review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velmurugan View Post
Congratulations Sai!
Glad that you have chosen to buy Manza - true value for money. It apperas from Reg.#plate that you hail from CJB. I also notice from the pictures that, you have taken the machine from GEM Motors. Nice guys, at times you need to chase them, expedite....
Wishing you a safe drive & enjoy the drive. Hope to see you sometime when we meetup at Gem W/S service centre.
I have an Gothic Olive colour, same Manza. Does a great job.
cheers
Thank you vel!

Yup I am from CBE as well, I have followed your thread closely as we have picked the car at the same dealership. Hope to have a trouble free dealer relation! and hope to meet you sometime during Tbhp meets in CBE.

cheers!
sai
Old 29th June 2011, 19:43   #17
BHPian

Thanks for your ownership review! I would like to share a brief history of my review (if I may!). I bought the Manza Elan Quadrajet in the first week of May (silver colour) and was very happy with it for about a week. After a week, one day while I was driving on the highway, I hear a squeaky sound. I ignored it as I thought it was something minor. It continued for a few days after which I took it to the dealer. They inspected the car and found that the steering rack had given way (in just 600kms)!! I was shocked and asked them to replace it under warranty; which they did. After 2 weeks, when my driver was driving the car and I was sitting at the back, there was a sudden "thud" sound and suddenly the car sank at the back. Found that the springs and shock absorbers had given way. Took it to the dealer again, and shockingly the dealer flatly refused to change the springs under warranty. Despite knowing someone in a high position in Tata Motors, they did not replace it under warranty.

Move on to June 2nd week. When I was driving to work, the plastic below and on the side of the steering wheel, suddenly fell down onto my feet. Luckily there was no one speeding behind me and I could stop the car and remove it (it came right in the way of the pedals). Later that evening, as I was returning home, the car seemed very sluggish after 2k rpm. Normally, with the turbo coming on at 1750, it zooms ahead. But this was not the case, instead it was really very slow. Took it to the dealer yet again and found that the whole turbo had given way. They replaced it but I had to pay 20% of the amount. This occured at 1700kms.

I think it is really ridiculous that such major problems occur with such few kilometers done. I am really disappointed with TATA. They promised me seamless service when I took the car, and now they have gone back on their word.

Just thought I would share my experience with you guys! I hope this is the right place to write this (if it isn't sorry!!)
carfreak77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 22:09   #18
BHPian

@Sai_ice,

Nice review and mouth watering pictures.Manza really looks elegant and if I may say so royal.

Please,waiting for interior pictures.Can't wait to check out those plush, bright and spacious interiors.

Congrats!!

Love,charthom.
Old 1st July 2011, 16:23   #19
BHPian

@carfreak77

Have you tried complaining to Tata Motors and not dealer ? I did write to them via facebook / email / phone regarding one niggle with headlight and it's being sorted.
Old 16th November 2011, 14:18   #20
BHPian

Could you kindly post some interior pictures please?? Eager to see what the Burgundy and Beige looks like!
Old 14th May 2012, 16:19   #21
BHPian

Apologies for lack of updates. The car is due for its 3rd service, and i will put up pics of the interiors as soon as it is done. coming to the third service - I am looking at the best possible Synthetic oil for my car. any suggestions ?
Old 28th December 2012, 23:46   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
Apologies for lack of updates. The car is due for its 3rd service, and i will put up pics of the interiors as soon as it is done. coming to the third service - I am looking at the best possible Synthetic oil for my car. any suggestions ?
Hello Sai, how much does the oil change cost for manza? I have heard the oil filter itself cost around 4k, since direct injection engine is quite sensitive to fuel? Is that true? I was thinking about buying a manza.

Thanks
Old 29th December 2012, 11:20   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUNKWN

Hello Sai, how much does the oil change cost for manza? I have heard the oil filter itself cost around 4k, since direct injection engine is quite sensitive to fuel? Is that true? I was thinking about buying a manza.

Thanks
Sorry to pop up in between
But a oil filter cannot be 4K
Oil filter for a MJD is around 370 bucks.
I think you meant fuel filter,
A filter for fiat costs 1.8K
But a few days back i saw a tata fuel filter for 4.5K, so 4K figure is a possibility.

Last edited by akshay4587 : 29th December 2012 at 11:22.
Old 15th July 2013, 22:09   #24
BHPian

Hello Sai,

I know this response is a long time coming. I recently joined Team -BHP. I too now have the New Manza Club Class VX version. i too have done around 3500 KMS now with one Mumbai - Goa drive and back when the car was brand new so had to restrict speeds during travel. I can tell you from personal experience TATA has improved quality immensely. The car is TRUE VFM and from my opinion the best car in the Market adn to people who want to advise on buying a sedan.. I will say but the New Tata Manza Club Class with your eyes closed! Sai as a owner for the past few years I am sure you will second me here..

Regards

Shashi
Old 25th September 2013, 21:12   #25

Dear Manza Owners, I am one of you but have not been very satisfied with the car till date. Th eissues you call niggles from the TATA stable just don't seem to go away. I am in Mumbai now and have yet to receive my car from Concorde Worli to see how it has been done. I have owned it for last three years and have gone to lengths to get the issues resolved. Hopefully I would be surprised this time from TATA but its been two months since the car has been with TATAs.

Hope Karl Slym is following the feedback to see what he can do improve the service. Regarding the car being an engineer was impressed with the package and being an Indian always supported the indigenous foray of the TATAs. Left a bad taste but have resolved to get the things done up my way.

Nevertheless enjoy the drive and feel the power
Szakiv
Old 12th July 2014, 21:39   #26

Review of the Tata Manza Quadrajet Aura + after four years of owmership.
Great Car
Value for the money spent.
An ambitious effort by the TATAs
As always Indigenous cars niggles part of the package but great factory/garage support.

Happy Revving up on one of the most powerful diesels in the class.

Psst.... Need advice on third party garages for servicing of my Manza at Mumbai

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks