Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2011, 23:03   #16

re: randomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Congrats on the buy, Randomguy! Wishing you many KM's of happy and safe driving.

You have a VX, which is the worst candidate for having a bull-guard due to the fact it has airbags. Would suggest you do away with them after sometime. (Drive with it for some time so that you don't feel you have wasted money on them... which you have).
Thank you! The guard does look menacing in the rear-view mirror though. I do not think that I can remove it, even if I wanted to. My family would have a fit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
You managed to fool at least some of us on the Cycus green ! I was checking again and again which part of the car is in green !!

The wood insert is quite a put off in the pic! Is it actually this dark ? And I thought VX always came in 4x4. So is it an option to have 4x4 or not? And how much is a VX 4x4 costing above VX 4x2 ?

And you missed the pics of DVD player / screens etc ! C'mon man, you need to show off when you have the stuff.

Anyway I am sure you will have a great time with the car. Wish you miles of happy & safe motoring !

Edit:: We all cannot blame you on the color! My dad's Wagon R is called "Baker's Chocolate" from the catalogue and the "actual" color looks like green to all of us !!
Thanks! No, the fault is mine. I was thinking of something else when I typed that out & was pretty tired too. The VX comes in both 4x2 & 4x4 versions. The other members have heard that they stopped offering the 4x4 option on all versions except the VX. You might want to ask the dealer. I never asked about the 4x4 version, but according to the pricing list, it is 1.1 L more than the 4x2. And get this. Pearl White is around 6K more than the other metallic colours!

The word on the forum is that the 4x4 version will also have a longer delivery time. More pics over the weekend!

Last edited by randomguy : 21st June 2011 at 23:33. Reason: Added pricing info
Old 22nd June 2011, 06:12   #17
BHPian

Congratulations Randomguy
Welcome to Safari club and am sure you [if not already] would get addicted to it.

Bull guard - I agree more than 100% with HappyWheels. I would blame the dealer/sales guys for this. When I asked about it, sales promptly refused to oblige my request on bull guard [or even the other smaller version - bull bar or something] and explained me about 2 things - AIRBAG and Pedestrian safety.

I was actually surprised when you said "Safari driving position is like a car" because this is one major difference b/w Safari and ARIA or Safari and Innova. Innova and ARIA seats are like car whereas the Safari is more like a truck. May be, its vehicle from you are coming from [Sumo]

Good luck with your new vehicle, happy motoring and safe miles !

Prem.
Old 22nd June 2011, 20:58   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Congratulations Randomguy
Welcome to Safari club and am sure you [if not already] would get addicted to it.

Bull guard - I agree more than 100% with HappyWheels. I would blame the dealer/sales guys for this. When I asked about it, sales promptly refused to oblige my request on bull guard [or even the other smaller version - bull bar or something] and explained me about 2 things - AIRBAG and Pedestrian safety.

I was actually surprised when you said "Safari driving position is like a car" because this is one major difference b/w Safari and ARIA or Safari and Innova. Innova and ARIA seats are like car whereas the Safari is more like a truck. May be, its vehicle from you are coming from [Sumo]

Good luck with your new vehicle, happy motoring and safe miles !

Prem.
Thank you. Yes, the Sumo steering position is more truck/bus like, but that makes for excellent visibility! I will miss that aspect.

I have not driven it since Sunday & I'm waiting for Saturday to take it out again. Yep, I'm well on my way to becoming addicted to it!!
Old 25th June 2011, 00:10   #19

Re: randomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari

The thread title has been corrected !
OK, on to the trials & tribulation of a Tata car owner.

Teething troubles for the Safari?
Looks like I might not be able to drive it this weekend after all. After I started it this evening, I noticed the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) was on.

I looked it up the manual & it says, "MIL illuminates / flashes when a malfunction occurs in the engine emission system. Do not drive the vehicle if this indicator remains ‘ON’ or Flashes. Get the problem attended to immediately at a TATA Authorised Service Outlet. Driving the car in this condition may cross the regulatory emission limit and / or damage the catalytic convertor".

WHAT!?! Not good. 1 or 2 calls were made

Then engine cover was removed and then......Lo & behold!! The wires for Injectors 2 & 4 were exposed!! Were they work out by the ridge in the engine cover? I do not know.

More phone calls were made & someone is coming from the dealer's side to look at it.

The last time the car was moved was on Tue (20JUN). Today is Fri (24JUN). Remember that the car was delivered on 16JUN. That makes the car 1 week & 1 day old. The car has been driven for 100 (one hundred) km or maybe even less. Silly me, I can't remember the odo reading now.

All I could think was, 'My goodness'! Was this the cause of the engine vibration between 1200 to 2100 rpm that I mentioned in point 2 of my first post? How could the cables have been cut between Monday & today? Who really killed JFK?'. Ah, so many probing questions.

The last one was a joke, BTW. Lighten up, matey!!

Anyway, let’s see. No point on losing sleep over it <yawn>. Let’s pick this up in the morning....
These pics were taken with my phone, so don't strain too much or you might spoil your eyes.

The offending injectors
randomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-inj1.jpgrandomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-inj2.jpg

This is the other side. This is how it is supposed to be.
randomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-ok-side.jpg

The engine cover - Serious offender or innocent bystander?? The jagged ridges indicate that the cover is the perpetrator. We shall see.
randomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-offending-piece.jpg

A view from the top
randomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-top.jpg
Old 25th June 2011, 08:51   #20

*UPDATE*
The car was taken away by a mechanic from the dealer, after he made a joint & covered the wires with insulation tape.
He claims that that the culprit is a rat.

Well, my neighbour told me that there are some Bandicoots in the vicinity. So, if they are indeed responsible, what is the next course of action? Poison? Lets see.

These were taken this morning, after the mechanic removed the sleeves.
randomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-25062011113.jpgrandomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-25062011114.jpgrandomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-25062011115.jpg
Old 9th July 2011, 16:42   #21

Got new wiring for the injectors done last week.
Then I got more niggles. More on that later.

More pics. No profile shots though. Sorry.
randomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-front.jpg

One way of checking if you actually have 3M sunfilm installed, look for the 3M Logo.
randomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-3m-logo.jpg

Can you see anything between the C & D pillars on the passenger side? Because I can't. Necessary evil for such a vehical?
randomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-out-rear-1.jpgrandomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-out-rear-2.jpgrandomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-out-side.jpg

This is a sample of what the driver can see on the OVRMs.
randomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-drivers-ovrm.jpgrandomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-passengers-orvm-1.jpg
Zooming in.
randomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-passengers-orvm-2.jpg

The Engine bay.
randomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-engine-bay.jpgrandomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-img_1003.jpgrandomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-img_1004.jpg

The Interior - The plastic is still on all the head rests.
randomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-interior-1.jpg
randomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-looking-back-1.jpgrandomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-looking-back-2.jpgrandomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-drivers-seat.jpgrandomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-middle-row.jpg

Same goes for the door sill.
randomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-door-sill.jpg

The car cover - folded exquisitely.
randomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-jump-seats.jpg

Idling.
randomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-idle.jpg

On to the niggles.
It does not cool when the Fan is at 4 or 3. On top of that, the lights on the rear wiper/washer & the fuel lid come on.
randomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-4.jpg
No such problems when it's on 1 or 2. It cools OK & as you can see, no unnecessary lights glow.
randomguy's 2.2L 4x2 Arctic Silver VX Safari-2.jpg

They will have to remove the entire console to investigate the cause. They're gonna take the car this week, again.
randomguy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks