Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2011, 01:48   #16
BHPian

re: Hyundai i20 Sportz (1.2 Petrol) – My dark grey beauty - One Month Update

ONE MONTH UPDATE

It has been one whole month since I received the delivery of the car. The ODO reads about 700 km (I know this is sad - but I have just finished college and am sitting idle at home!). So I thought I will share what I have experienced with the car over the past month (again, likes and dislikes will be mentioned). I will follow this with some high quality pictures soon enough.

Some of the things I want to mention:

1. The Air conditioning has very successfully survived Delhi-summer's most atrocious month - June! Temperatures soared upto 42 degrees during the first week of my i20's life itself, but the AC held its own and survived the battle. Verdict: The AC is going great (fingers crossed still!). It is much more effective than any of the previous cars I have driven (Santro, Corsa, Dad's SX4). People feel cold with temperature set to 24 and low blower speed, and I have to often turn it off after every 15-20 mins!

Verdict: Super-Duper-Whooper-Like

2. Mileage: Getting 11.5 km/l (City driving + AC on always - except when it gets really cold - as mentioned above). I will go for the first service in a few days, let's see if there is any improvement in the mileage.

Verdict: Like

3. Horn: Yeah, now I do feel that the weak horn is a bugger sometimes!

Verdict: Dislike

4. Drive quality: Amazing! Yes, the 2nd gear is slightly underpowered - but once you get used to it, you learn to work around it!

Verdict: Super-like

5. Suspension: Not something to be proud of, unfortunately. Bad roads will be directly proportional to back pains!

Verdict: Dislike

6. Audio + Bluetooth - Working great. I never listen to music full blast, so cant really comment about that aspect. But if you listen at normal human levels of volume, the i20 does a great job indeed.

Verdict: Super-like!

7. Steering: Extremely light, and that is how I like it. Santro feels like a truck now, honestly. I don't know about the steering feedback at very high speeds, but I drove very comfortably on NH8 at an average speed of 80-90 kmph. No steering rattle till now

Verdict: Like

8. Turn Indicators on ORVM: High on style quotient, BUT a big distraction if you're driving at night and the mirrors are folded! The indicator blinks straight into your eye. Will post a picture of the same.

Verdict: Neutral (Thumbs up to the looks, but the blink-into-your-eye at night is a let-down)

I will post some detailed pics soon. Please feel free to ask any questions, will be happy to answer them
Old 17th July 2011, 10:57   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delhiwarrior View Post
ONE MONTH UPDATE

It has been one whole month since I received the delivery of the car.
Hey valiant warrior-good to see you in action again!!

Quote:
but I have just finished college and am sitting idle at home!).
Hope your exams have been great.

Quote:
So I thought I will share what I have experienced with the car over the past month (again, likes and dislikes will be mentioned). I will follow this with some high quality pictures soon enough.
Thanks mate-much appreciated.

7. Steering: Extremely light, and that is how I like it. Santro feels like a truck now, honestly. I don't know about the steering feedback at very high speeds, but I drove very comfortably on NH8 at an average speed of 80-90 kmph. No steering rattle till now

[/quote]

My friend is complaining that the steering is getting extremely tight when you move her right after stopping abruptly during a U turn! Do you have any such experiences?

Waiting for the snaps.
Old 17th July 2011, 14:28   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Hey valiant warrior-good to see you in action again!!

Hope your exams have been great.
Thanks Charthom! Yes, I just defended my thesis successfully a couple of weeks back. Now I am completely idle, and waiting eagerly for the job to start. One of my past-times is to check out TeamBHP every now and then, and I can see that your thread has taken this forum by storm! Well done mate

Quote:

Thanks mate-much appreciated.
I actually don't want to take the new snaps in the colony; instead I am hoping to take the car out to a nice empty stretch of road and then take the snaps (don't know where I will find such a road in Delhi )

Quote:

My friend is complaining that the steering is getting extremely tight when you move her right after stopping abruptly during a U turn! Do you have any such experiences?

Waiting for the snaps.
No mate, I haven't noticed anything like that (though I'm sure I've hardly stopped abruptly during U-turns). I'll check this out and let you know.
Old 18th July 2011, 22:49   #19
BHPian

Quote:

No mate, I haven't noticed anything like that (though I'm sure I've hardly stopped abruptly during U-turns). I'll check this out and let you know.
This is:you kill the engine during U-turns or after turning the steering to left or right in order to turn it.The signal changes-you start the engine and move forward. The steering feels tight for about 30 seconds and then become normal.
Old 19th July 2011, 14:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
This is:you kill the engine during U-turns or after turning the steering to left or right in order to turn it.The signal changes-you start the engine and move forward. The steering feels tight for about 30 seconds and then become normal.
Hey Charthom, I tried what you said today, but no, my steering doesn't feel tight at all. Did your friend have this issue checked out?
Old 19th July 2011, 15:50   #21
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 Sportz (1.2 Petrol) – My dark grey beauty - One Month Update

Just found out that Honda Jazz is getting a complete makeover. And the Old Jazz (select) was being sold for 6.3 L OTR Delhi for a few weeks!! How does one deal with such news? i20 is an awesome car, but Jazz is Jazz!
Old 19th July 2011, 15:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess you are talking about the EPS kicking in late. It happens at traffic signals. When you switch off the engine and then you suddenly start, the steering might feel a bit tight but will loosen after a few seconds. 30seconds is a hell lot though.
Old 19th July 2011, 16:10   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I guess you are talking about the EPS kicking in late. It happens at traffic signals. When you switch off the engine and then you suddenly start, the steering might feel a bit tight but will loosen after a few seconds. 30seconds is a hell lot though.
Thanks for the info Pancham! Have you faced this? Something to be worried about?

Quote:
Just found out that Honda Jazz is getting a complete makeover. And the Old Jazz (select) was being sold for 6.3 L OTR Delhi for a few weeks!! How does one deal with such news? i20 is an awesome car, but Jazz is Jazz!
Which makes me wonder, does Hyundai plan to revamp i20 in the near future? (That would be simply terrible!). I know they are coming out with the i30 by the end of the year. But revamping i20 on the cards?
Old 19th July 2011, 19:08   #24
BHPian

Just realized that I have become a BHPian from a Newbie! Great feeling
Old 19th July 2011, 19:20   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Pancham-exactly. But why? My ANHC and i10 both have EPS-but no problems.Is this a design fault/peculiarity with i20? Isn't it unsafe to have a tight steering during a U turn in traffic etc?

Can you comment?
Old 19th July 2011, 23:12   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pancham-exactly. But why? My ANHC and i10 both have EPS-but no problems.Is this a design fault/peculiarity with i20? Isn't it unsafe to have a tight steering during a U turn in traffic etc?

Can you comment?
It is definitely unsafe. But it doesnt really happen always. I have faced this issue once or may twice and that too for 2-3 seconds. After which the steering wheel loosens out. Your friend should get it checked from the service centre.

@Delhiwarrior. I dont think there is anything to be worried about. I t can get a bit annoying so better get it checked at the service centre.

Last edited by Pancham : 19th July 2011 at 23:19.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 11:06   #27
BHPian

Quote:
It is definitely unsafe. But it doesnt really happen always. I have faced this issue once or may twice and that too for 2-3 seconds. After which the steering wheel loosens out. Your friend should get it checked from the service centre.

@Delhiwarrior. I dont think there is anything to be worried about. I t can get a bit annoying so better get it checked at the service centre.
@Pancham,

Sorry for the delayed response. Thank you very much for the same.I have already conveyed the news to my friend and advised him to take the car to Service centre. Your feed back is much appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks