Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 16:07   #31
BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura TSi Ambiente - April '11 - Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirav View Post
Congrats Jatin, the car looks great! Particularly like your choice of rim design. Do you think its ok to completely rework the seats for the leather treatment or would you recommend leather covers? Have been recommended to use Karlsson as well...

I have used regular premium (91) for the first fill in my 1.8, but am wondering whether i should be using 95? No harm done to the engine if i use 91 i hope! Also, what is the recommended tyre pressure for her? Am still running the stock 15"s but will be looking to upgrade to 16" soon- the problem is the roads to my factory (Peenya) are completely destroyed by "namma" Metro hence i wouldnt want to reduce the ride quality.
If you want a good fit & finish besides the texture & look of quality leather, the original fabric seat covers would have to be removed & the leather ones put on. I wouldn't suggest fitting 'art' leather over the existing seats+stock seat fabric. It smells, makes the car look cheap & the covers don't breathe.
For the grade & colour of leather I finally chose, I found Karlsson to offer a good combination of quality + fit & finish at a reasonable price vs others in the market. I'd fitted the same brand in my previous car also & was very happy with it.

Tyre pressures I've tried so far on the car are 31psi & am pretty happy with the combination of ride quality & grip. Would be great to have the numbers being used by the others out there & their experiences.
I'm reluctant to comment on the difference in refinement / power since using Speed 97, but my tank to tank mileage has improved under similar driving conditions by about 1 to 1.5 kmpl. If you want tried & tested numbers get on a test track or something..

So far I've done 2400 kms & am enjoying my drives more & more. The Michelin PS3s have settled in & chucking her around corners is pure pleasure. If you know Richards Park area in Bangalore, you will know what I mean. The thing is like a missile on a railway track. I now try to find any excuse to take her out for a spin & get that surge + kick in the butt when I floor the throttle on an open stretch
Old 16th July 2011, 17:39   #32
BHPian

Congrats on the car, I must say the choice of alloys and leather is absoluete delight!

What is the kind of mileage (tankfull-tankfull method) you are getting within the city and also on the long highway trips?

Any experience with Skoda ASS? How would you compare TSI maintenance cost with that of other cars, example: Honda Civic.?
Old 16th July 2011, 17:52   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
Congrats on the car, I must say the choice of alloys and leather is absoluete delight!

What is the kind of mileage (tankfull-tankfull method) you are getting within the city and also on the long highway trips?

Any experience with Skoda ASS? How would you compare TSI maintenance cost with that of other cars, example: Honda Civic.?
Thanks..
In city mileage 8 & long trips 12. Again it depends on your driving style. Granny mode will obviously give you far better numbers, and average Joe driving, probably a km or 2 more.
I've had the car only for 2k + kms so zero maintenance & A.S.S. experience so far. First service is due only at 15000 kms. I wouldn't be able to compare to Civic maintenance costs, but its known that parts are expensive.
Old 16th July 2011, 18:13   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinganapathy View Post

Tyre pressures I've tried so far on the car are 31psi & am pretty happy with the combination of ride quality & grip. Would be great to have the numbers being used by the others out there & their experiences.
I'm reluctant to comment on the difference in refinement / power since using Speed 97, but my tank to tank mileage has improved under similar driving conditions by about 1 to 1.5 kmpl. If you want tried & tested numbers get on a test track or something..

So far I've done 2400 kms & am enjoying my drives more & more. The Michelin PS3s have settled in & chucking her around corners is pure pleasure. If you know Richards Park area in Bangalore, you will know what I mean. The thing is like a missile on a railway track. I now try to find any excuse to take her out for a spin & get that surge + kick in the butt when I floor the throttle on an open stretch
On my 16 inchers I have kept the pressure at 32 psi. The Michelin PLCs on my car are soft compound tyres so it doesn't hurt the ride.

Well I have had the exact opposite experience with Speed 97. I tanked up with Speed 97 on my last fill and found the FE drop by about 1 ~ 1.5 kmpl. THere was no difference in the way the engine performed and there was a definite drop in FE. Speed 97 costed me 86/ ltr which is about 20% more than Shell unleaded, which I otherwise fill. First and last fill of Speed 97 as far as I am concerned.

Missile on a railway track it sure is! I keep a big gap between me and the car in front, just to give the beast the space to blast forward when I feel like experiencing that 'kick in the butt'
Old 16th July 2011, 18:52   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post

Well I have had the exact opposite experience with Speed 97. I tanked up with Speed 97 on my last fill and found the FE drop by about 1 ~ 1.5 kmpl. First and last fill of Speed 97 as far as I am concerned.
Ok..thats weird. I had to refill with standard petrol on the way back from a long trip instead of '97. I was gunning it, so mileage was lower on standard fuel. I plan to do another tankful of '97 for a long trip & see. Thanks for the feedback on tyre pressures.
Old 17th July 2011, 11:39   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinganapathy View Post

I have 17" alloys too and I have opted for 30 PSI as recommended by the dealer. Ride quality is good considering the fact that these are low profile tyres.

Also I do not want to lose on the ride quality by going with a higher pressure. Now sure how that will help too.

Last edited by Maibaa : 17th July 2011 at 11:40.
Old 17th July 2011, 12:04   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Jatin. TSi is one helluva car to own

Absolutely loved the leather shade and it has jump kicked more life into the interiors. Are they more expensive than Stanley just for comparison?

That's a huge packet you spent on goodies after the car purchase. Alloys really compliment the car. How much for them?

Also, care to share the OTR price of the car in Bangalore?
Old 22nd July 2011, 16:54   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats Jatin. TSi is one helluva car to own

Absolutely loved the leather shade and it has jump kicked more life into the interiors. Are they more expensive than Stanley just for comparison?

That's a huge packet you spent on goodies after the car purchase. Alloys really compliment the car. How much for them?

Also, care to share the OTR price of the car in Bangalore?

Skoda is running good discounts at present, which they claim is about 1.7 Lacs on the TSIs, Yeti and about 0.5 Lacs on the remaining Diesels.
The Laura Ambiente TSI OTR in Bangalore is about 14.6 Lacs. Got this from TAFE sales people who were at my office yesterday for a corporate vehicle display jig. I am sure some more negotiations and it can be brought down a bit further.

Last edited by rohitm : 22nd July 2011 at 16:58. Reason: Added source details of pricing.
Old 28th July 2011, 11:37   #39
Senior - BHPian

Interesting, that makes a cool ~2.5-3L difference between TSI and TDI AT. I guess even with a 9kmpl mileage, it would take close to 60000kms to break even. Tempted
Old 16th August 2011, 19:01   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123
Interesting, that makes a cool ~2.5-3L difference between TSI and TDI AT. I guess even with a 9kmpl mileage, it would take close to 60000kms to break even. Tempted
I would say take the plunge! You won't regret it- that feeling you get every time the tachometer goes past 2,200 RPM is worth every rupee per litre
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:25   #41
BHPian

Nice car. Congrats. How much did the wheels cost you, and who did you speak to in the dealership for the accessory catelog?
Old 2nd September 2011, 15:54   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitm View Post
Skoda is running good discounts at present, which they claim is about 1.7 Lacs on the TSIs, Yeti and about 0.5 Lacs on the remaining Diesels.
The Laura Ambiente TSI OTR in Bangalore is about 14.6 Lacs. Got this from TAFE sales people who were at my office yesterday for a corporate vehicle display jig. I am sure some more negotiations and it can be brought down a bit further.
1.7L discount, could you tell me which SA is this. Yesterday i called and spoke to one SA when i was at the TAFE Hosur Road and he mentioned that there is only 1L discount. OTR LSi Ambiente was 15.9 L
Old 2nd September 2011, 15:58   #43
BHPian

this was some time back. But if you have made up your mind to buy the TSI please PM.

Last edited by rohitm : 2nd September 2011 at 16:02.
Old 13th September 2011, 10:15   #44
BHPian

Jatin, What is the color of the leather you have used? Do you know any equivalent color in the Stanley Classic range? Lastly do you think this color will suit a white ANHC?
Old 13th September 2011, 15:23   #45
BHPian

A couple of questions regarding upsizing of tyres and its effect on warranty.

Im toying with the idea of the upgrading the stock rims 15inch to the either the 18" Neptune, 17" Gigaro or the 17" Trinity. All of the mentioned rims are Skoda OE and are available in the UK.

Will i have any warranty issues incase i source these rims from the UK?

What would be the recomended tyre size (preference of ride quality over performance)?

My car is a march 2011 production. Will the VRs bumper with the DRL and fogs be compatible?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks