Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2011, 20:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Black Dog - Alto

As it is, the Alto has a decent milage and mediocre performance, why spoil the performance with CNG (and loose the boot space as well). If you really need CNG, my advice is to go for a new vehicle with factory fitted CNG, less problems, better peace of mind.

The vibration at high speeds is primarily due to tyre balancing. Please get them balanced as soon as possible. At the same time check the tyres for uneven wear, or major cuts.

Your tyre has a "slow leak", most probably the valve is leaking. It is a very low cost item, so change it fast.

As it is a low power vehicle, practice climbing in a lower gear, especially with AC on. Even in my Alto K10, I use 1st gear when speed is < 20. Or else build up speed, if possible, before climbing up a flyover. For parking lots use 1st and 2nd gear, and the car will climb nimbly.
Old 25th September 2011, 12:46   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
As it is, the Alto has a decent milage and mediocre performance, why spoil the performance with CNG (and loose the boot space as well). If you really need CNG, my advice is to go for a new vehicle with factory fitted CNG, less problems, better peace of mind.
Hi Aroy,
The drop in performance of my Alto is very negligible - really. And I dont miss the boot space as I use my other cars if at all the boot is required. What I like is the economy of CNG compared to Petrol. I am saving more money everyday instead
I dont think its practical to buy a new Factory fitted CNG vehicle just for the peace of mind - I have never faced ANY problem with my CNG conversion - Never. Then why shell out more?
Old 10th November 2011, 17:18   #33
BHPian

ICE for ALTO

Hi guys,

Here is my thread about my ALTO

I actually got this car from a friend of mine during May, 2011 for a good deal . So when i got my ride, it did not have any ICE knowledge. So like all do the mistakes in a hurry, i went straight to a shop in Adyar and got the following installed.

Pioneer 5250SD -- around 8k could not remember the actual cost
JBL 3 way 300watts rear speaker -- Around 3k
Pioneer front speakers -- I think it was Rs1200

The rear speaker were fixed in the Boot door of my alto and the front speaker in the regular spot on the dash. Now initially I loved this setup, but gradually i started to feel that something needs to improved in the ICE setup.

Now coming back to me, I was not an audiophile , but i think i have become one.

also the problem with the current setup is that, when i keep loud volume, the rear door vibrates

Now what I intend to do and how i need BHPians Help:

Need a good front compos
which amp should i go for
which sub woofer should i go for, keep in mind the small boot space in Alto, do not want my sub to occupy the boot entirely

Need advice on how to start, am clue less.. HELP ME

Some pictures attached showing my current setup

My Black Dog - Alto-20110919-07.28.28.jpg

My Black Dog - Alto-20110919-07.29.34.jpg

My Black Dog - Alto-20110919-07.28.50.jpg

My Black Dog - Alto-20110919-07.30.46.jpg
Old 13th November 2011, 14:36   #34
BHPian

Is there any custom Subs for ALTO, so that i can not lose my boot space ?
Old 13th November 2011, 18:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
Is there any custom Subs for ALTO, so that i can not lose my boot space ?
You have to loose some space. There are two option -

1. Mount them on the rear parcel tray, the whole boot acts as a resonating chamber, boosting bass. This is the most popular method. If the subs are connected with a heavy duty connector, you can remove them along with the parcel tray and get back your boot.

2. In one of the Alto threads they have mounted the subs on the hatch door. That may not be most optimum use, but it saves space.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks