Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2011, 23:29   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Manza Aura+ : Well rounded Family Sedan, 6500Kms report

Harish

1) Looks are subjective but for me, the elan alloys look really good on Gothic Olive Manza. Got this feedback from many including the one who sold his elan alloys on tyran wine color, the same person who was discouraging me from taking it earlier. The earlier OE alloy was not much different from the wheel cap that Manza sported. You may check my ownership thread for photos.

2) I have upgraded to Skoda type horns with melody maker.

3) I have found the underchasis and panel protection useful at least in Chennai and in addition it has reduced the road noise.

4) On the headlights and oil change, I am on the same boat as you.
Old 13th July 2011, 23:59   #17
BHPian

Re: Tata manza aura + - Basic Mods planned, need help from you to decide

@Harish
Have given my views to your question on your ownership thread. Agree that a bigger wheel will make it more proportional but I am reluctant to increase the rim size considering the softer suspension which scrapes through when the car is fully loaded.

One of the Manza owners have replaced the stock with wider tyres though on 15 inch rim and found it to be good.

@Ghodlur: Manza comes with Synthetic oil and the recommendation is to use synthetic.
One question that I have not got a clear answer going through that thread is on what to do differently to help the run-in in cars like Manza which comes with Synthetic upfront when Synthetic oil is not considered good for the initial few kms.
Old 14th July 2011, 00:09   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Thanks all for encouraging words... I need some advice from you all on the following:-

5. The oil is not changed. I was told that synthetic oils from Mobile1 is good for 20000KMS from Service manager at tata!!! Im not comfortable with running 20K on the same oil, planning to change oil at 10K. Do you think this is right way to go OR wait till 20K ?
harishpr thanks for your detailed review! I think you should not wait 20k before changing the engine oil, you should change it by latest 10k. Even a friend of mine was advised the same. I think you should not risk it and just changed the oil by 10k!

Regarding the headlights, I suggest you get the bluish-white ones from Philip which are legal (make sure that they are approved by our authorities or you could get caught).Hope this helps!
carfreak77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 02:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

I wouldnt recommend anything more than 100/90. higher power stuff has been known to age/damage Headlight assemblies prematurely
Old 14th July 2011, 02:49   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Me recos are underlined

1. The current headlight is insufficient during nights -Use a PMP relay kit (it comes with wiring) plus 90/100W bulbs - Philips or Osram - just check if Manza comes with single filament bulbs
2. Im looking for something that would make the car look meaty and thereby make it look less disproportional. you could choose from HR/Plati - I'd go with pure silver multispoke ones

3. Im planning to change the stock horn to Octavia horns. I always wanted one. -Roots Windtone with a pmp relay kit - "Paam Paam"

4. Are additional add-ons like Underbody coating or Engine waxing really help -absolutely unnecessary

5. The oil is not changed. -change oil as recommended by the manufacturer ; and any good oil will do.
Old 14th July 2011, 16:04   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I want to upgrade both the headlamps and Fog lights
Go for 100/90. Confirm from the dealer if the Manza needs a relay, and if the holder can bear the heat. If not , get a roots relay kit with ceramic holders. Will cost you ~1,100 including philips 100/90 rally bulbs
Quote:
Any advice here on which alloy would suit better for a car of size manza ?
There is a Manza (white) in my hometown running white alloys with about 1.5-2" chrome lips. It looks superb!. In your case, go for black with chrome lips. But you would need to upsize the tyres too.
Quote:
3. Im planning to change the stock horn to Octavia horns. I always wanted one.
Same suggestion as vigsom.
Quote:
Or is that just another way of making money from car lovers ?
Good judgement. Yes. They are absolutely unnecessary.
Quote:
synthetic oils from Mobile1 is good for 20000KMS from Service manager at tata!!!
AFAIK, synthetic oil's only provide superior lubrication, they do not extend change intervals.
Old 14th July 2011, 17:13   #22
BHPian

Harish,

I also own a manza and my car is at 34.xx k km's now. I have done a few things which you are planning to so here are my views:

1. Headlights: They are weak indeed. More so due to projector design than bulbs. Manza comes with H7 55W bulbs both for high and low beam. A little bit research revealed that the max you get in H7 is 80W. No 100 or 90W option from any good brand. 80W was available in philips rally and Bosch. I got 4 80W bosch bulbs and replaced with stock one's. The difference was significant. Now, it's critical to get the beams focussed properly to get the best visibility. Also note that the motorized light movement is only for low beam, not high beam. So make sure that's set right. A little reaserch on manza wiring design also revealed with it comes with factory fitted relays. I did not add any additional wiring or relays and for last 1 year my car is running fine, no issues at all, I have done long night trips as well. Also may be because I moved to 80W from 55W. May be 90 or 100 would definitely require changes to wiring, addition of relays etc. I am not saying you also do what I did, but just sharing the experience. Do take opinion from a good electrician though. Bosch 80W H7 bulbs are about 160 each only. Alternate option is Osram NB+ which are also 55W but offer more light. No experience with them though.

2. Alloys/ Tires: I actually went to OE alloys. Not the elan one's but the earlier one's which came as an option. I was happy with the alloys design and size but upgraded tires to 195/60R15. It was an upgrade worth doing. For more details please see my post below on other thread. You can also look at 205/55R15 but I feel 195 is good enough for Manza.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post2244215

3. Horn: Not done but this should be an easy upgrade

4. Underbody coating or Engine waxing: Not needed unless you are in coastal area. If at all you want to, at the max go for underbody coating. Anything else is not worth it.

5. Oil change: This probably is a controversial topic. There are lot of details in the thread below including some of my experiences with Tata. In summary I would suggest, since your is in warranty, change the oil every 10k km's. Change it at service centre so there are no warranty issues but change to Selenia WR 5W40 (Fiat approved oil for Linea/ Punto/ Manza). This oil is only Rs.600/L (with taxes) and is available at all Tata Fiat Service centres. They usually will not fill this but then show them the manza manual, it's recommended in there. Since this oil is not that expensive, one can change this every 10k km's (atleast this is what I do now). Just in case your service centre allows you to bring your own oil, the go for Mobil Delvac 1 5W40 (not Mobil1). This is about 3,700 for 5L can. Engine oil is a very detailed topic and is discussed in great detail in this thread but in summary this is what I would suggest.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...gine-oils.html

Hope this helps.
amit1234singla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 17:07   #23
BHPian

Tata Manza Aura+ : EDIT - 10000 Kms - 3rd Service update

Quick update on 10K Service Cost/Experience.

No Major issues with Manza in the last 10000 Kms.
Perception around quality niggles, electric failures with TATA brand isn't seen with Manza. Touch Wood !!!

Issues reported during 3rd Service:
  • The gear shift wasn't as smooth as it was in the initial days.
  • Pickup has dropped with AC On.
  • Steering lost it's position a bit. Had to keep it slight turned towards left to keep the car moving straight.
  • Front bumper replacement - Due to tight parking space, i damaged this and wanted to replace.

All Issues were fixed to satisfaction. My gear shift is as good as it was in its initial days.
Pickup has gone several notches high.
Engine Oil replaced along with air filters. I didn't buy them the oil, they used the recommended mobil1.
Bumper was replaced since this was pre-ordered and kept ready.
Steering and tyre alignment done.

Overall Cost - 12 K
Break-up: Bumper - 8K , Oil - 3200 , Filters - 350 each.

what really surprised me was the overall experience with Tata Service Center.
  • I booked my appointment for 9:30am, and I arrived at 9:25am.
  • Happily took my car in and Service manager greeted me with his business card.
  • Took interest in understanding all issues and documented them in job card perfectly.
  • Handed over the job card to me to read-confirm-sign.
  • Gave a tentative cost.
  • Offered free shuttle to my office which was 5Kms away.
  • Promptly called me at 4pm and asked to pickup the vehicle. I couldn't go, so told that i will pickup next day morning.
  • Tata offered to drop my vehicle to my office 'free of cost' the same day.
  • The driver came with proper bills and i handed over the service cost of 12K. Acknowledgement was given immediately.
  • SA called me at 6pm and ensured im happy with the work done.

Who says Tata service is bad or average ?
After a long time, i really felt valued as a customer. Now im a strong advocate of Tata and it's service.
harishpr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 18:03   #24
BHPian

Re: Tata Manza Aura+ : EDIT - 10000 Kms - 3rd Service update

Quote:
After a long time, i really felt valued as a customer. Now im a strong advocate of Tata and it's service.
Wow. That's great to hear. Which TASC was this?
Old 10th November 2011, 18:26   #25
BHPian

Quote:
[u]
I fully agree with you. I too own a Manza, just short of 25000 klicks now and service has always been provided on time, with courtesy and within predicted costs, at Concorde Motors, Mysore Road.

The follow up customer service call, that happens after each visit to Concorde, gets 10/10 for each aspect that they read out.

Customer Service is moving towards Customer Delight!http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif
Old 10th November 2011, 18:31   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Wow. That's great to hear. Which TASC was this?
It was Concorde motors, Bannerghatta rd, Bangalore.
Old 11th November 2011, 10:21   #27
BHPian

harishpr

did you finally make changes to the bulbs? if so what, where from and how much?
Old 12th May 2015, 16:28   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Quick update on 10K Service Cost/Experience.

No Major issues with Manza in the last 10000 Kms.
Perception around quality niggles, electric failures with TATA brand isn't seen with Manza. Touch Wood !!!

Issues reported during 3rd Service:
  • The gear shift wasn't as smooth as it was in the initial days.
  • Pickup has dropped with AC On.
  • Steering lost it's position a bit. Had to keep it slight turned towards left to keep the car moving straight.
  • Front bumper replacement - Due to tight parking space, i damaged this and wanted to replace.

All Issues were fixed to satisfaction. My gear shift is as good as it was in its initial days.
Pickup has gone several notches high.
Engine Oil replaced along with air filters. I didn't buy them the oil, they used the recommended mobil1.
Bumper was replaced since this was pre-ordered and kept ready.
Steering and tyre alignment done.

Overall Cost - 12 K
Break-up: Bumper - 8K , Oil - 3200 , Filters - 350 each.

what really surprised me was the overall experience with Tata Service Center.
  • I booked my appointment for 9:30am, and I arrived at 9:25am.
  • Happily took my car in and Service manager greeted me with his business card.
  • Took interest in understanding all issues and documented them in job card perfectly.
  • Handed over the job card to me to read-confirm-sign.
  • Gave a tentative cost.
  • Offered free shuttle to my office which was 5Kms away.
  • Promptly called me at 4pm and asked to pickup the vehicle. I couldn't go, so told that i will pickup next day morning.
  • Tata offered to drop my vehicle to my office 'free of cost' the same day.
  • The driver came with proper bills and i handed over the service cost of 12K. Acknowledgement was given immediately.
  • SA called me at 6pm and ensured im happy with the work done.

HELLO,

i was going through your thread. Nicely written. Why no updates. I am sure wthere are lots of brethrens who own manzas. Actually getting a used manza 11k done and same model as yours for 3lacs. as the main owner had passed away, and the family doesnt want. Can you advise on the latest updates on your manza. Is it still with you or have you sold it off. Are you happy with it.
Will be nice if you share it.

Regards

dr. sen

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks