Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2011, 11:34   #16
BHPian

Re: Laal Pari-My new Skoda Fabia Flash Red

Hi deepfusion,
Congratulations for the Laal Pari!
btw, I got my Lalpari almost during the same period (6th July).
Old 5th September 2011, 11:36   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
Hi deepfusion,
Congratulations for the Laal Pari!
btw, I got my Lalpari almost during the same period (6th July).
Thanks, mate.

What do you feel about your Laal Pari?
Old 5th September 2011, 11:45   #18
BHPian

Well said deepfusion! Once a year is tolerable , the car is solid and looks good too! Very nice to hear that you are getting excellent FE, of all the Fabia owners I have known, all quote around 12 kmpl.
Old 5th September 2011, 11:46   #19
BHPian

Its been great time all this way.
Since last couple of weeks got busy with personal stuffs, so even logging-in to t-bhp after a good break. Still manage to cross 1K in near two months of time. I'll update or may be should start a thread now, let's see how it goes.
Old 5th September 2011, 12:06   #20
lsp
BHPian

Congrats on the new car Deep!!
I believe there is already one lal pari on the forum. What a coincidence, its another Skoda!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
4. It has to be red in colour.
I guess it was ur wife who laid this criteria. What is it with the ladies and the red color? My wife also says the same "I want a red car". She doesnt care about the which car or the type of car (hatchback/sedan). I dont seem to understand. I am biased towards neutral colors like silver.
Old 5th September 2011, 12:19   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularIndian View Post
Well said deepfusion! Once a year is tolerable , the car is solid and looks good too! Very nice to hear that you are getting excellent FE, of all the Fabia owners I have known, all quote around 12 kmpl.
I suppose I got the mileage because its a three cylinder motor, and that of the 595 kms., 91 per cent was driven on the highway, and 9% in the city, and on highway too, I drove it at less than 100kmph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
Congrats on the new car Deep!!
I believe there is already one lal pari on the forum. What a coincidence, its another Skoda!!

I guess it was ur wife who laid this criteria. What is it with the ladies and the red color? My wife also says the same "I want a red car". She doesnt care about the which car or the type of car (hatchback/sedan). I dont seem to understand. I am biased towards neutral colors like silver.
Thanks buddy.

I agree with you.

I had almost finalised a silver indica ev2, but now I think that I am saved of a lot of abuse that my wife would have hurled at me had I bought indica for her.

By the way, the rad fabia has a lot of road presence.

I was in Sirsa yesterday, and almost everybody on the road did give one stare to the car wherever we went.

Last edited by GTO : 6th September 2011 at 11:11. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 13th February 2012, 12:41   #22
BHPian

Laal Pari-My new Skoda Fabia Flash Red-2000 kms update

2000 kms update:

The car completed 2000 kms today. Odo reading 2021 kms.

Nothing much to say. It was driven in town only, for very short runs, 7 kms. a day, on some days of the month.

Mileage: The car has done 889 kms since the previous update. A total of 75.35 lts has been used and the car has returned a mileage of 11.80 kms. to a liter of petrol. Not a fuel efficient car, by diesel standards, but considering that it is a petrol car, and has been used for very short drives within the city, the mileage is appropriate, I suppose.
Old 13th February 2012, 13:11   #23
Senior - BHPian

Re: Laal Pari-My new Skoda Fabia Flash Red-2000 kms update

I would be satisfied with that mileage given the run , i do 7 kms one way to work and it hovers around 11.50 - not enough of a run to really allow it to climb much more - slightly longer drive and lesser traffic conditions and it jumps to 13.5 easily

Quote:
2000 kms update:

Nothing much to say. It was driven in town only, for very short runs, 7 kms. a day, on some days of the month.

Mileage: The car has done 889 kms since the previous update. A total of 75.35 lts has been used and the car has returned a mileage of 11.80 kms. to a liter of petrol. Not a fuel efficient car, by diesel standards, but considering that it is a petrol car, and has been used for very short drives within the city, the mileage is appropriate, I suppose.
Old 7th May 2012, 20:30   #24
BHPian

Quote:
2000 kms update:

Okay, I may be a little late but congratulations on your car.

Even I own a Ford Fusion + and now my brother is planning to buy a Fabia Active Petrol for himself.

I'd be grateful if you could put up a few interior shots of the car, as most of the pictures on this thread are those of the exterior. Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 8th May 2012, 09:49   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav667 View Post
Okay, I may be a little late but congratulations on your car.

Even I own a Ford Fusion + and now my brother is planning to buy a Fabia Active Petrol for himself.

I'd be grateful if you could put up a few interior shots of the car, as most of the pictures on this thread are those of the exterior. Thanks a lot in advance.
Thanks, buddy.

I have had to sell my beloved Fusion+ for meeting some urgent needs.

2-3 months down the line, I plan to try and buy Fusion plus again, if I find a good one.

Mine is a classic, and now being driven by me.

I shall take and post interior pics ASAP.
Old 8th May 2012, 23:35   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, buddy.

I have had to sell my beloved Fusion+ for meeting some urgent needs.

2-3 months down the line, I plan to try and buy Fusion plus again, if I find a good one.

Mine is a classic, and now being driven by me.

I shall take and post interior pics ASAP.

Well, that's sad! Finding a good deal on a used Fusion Plus diesel would be very hard now!!! Instead, try getting your hands on another Fabia or a Polo. Skoda and VW are offering huge discounts on them!!

Talking about the variant, the Classic is now known as the Active on all Skoda cars.

Thanks and I hope you get your Fusion back
Old 9th May 2012, 09:43   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav667 View Post
Well, that's sad! Finding a good deal on a used Fusion Plus diesel would be very hard now!!! Instead, try getting your hands on another Fabia or a Polo. Skoda and VW are offering huge discounts on them!!

Talking about the variant, the Classic is now known as the Active on all Skoda cars.

Thanks and I hope you get your Fusion back
Yes. Classic is the new active, with some differences.
Old 29th May 2012, 15:33   #28
BHPian

Skoda Fabia-4000 kms update

The Fabia is almost 4000 kms old now. 3950 to be precise.

The update is related to mileage and driving experience.

Fuel consumed: 152.31 ltrs.
Distance covered using this 152.31 ltrs. of petrol: 1929 kms.
Usage of A.C. 75%.
Mileage achieved: 12.66 kms. per liter.

The car was used very rarely when I had the fusion with me, with Fusion being used 99% of the distance travelled.

In fact, I parted with the fusion on 27th April, 2012, and since then, I have been driving the Fabia, and from the day I parted with the Fusion to this day, Fabia has run 1337 kms, and has used 83.76 liters of petrol, returning a mileage of 15.96 kms. to a liter of petrol. This includes local commute, and a quick trip to Haridwar (410 kms.) with 100% A.C. on.

The car is now my daily drive till the time I find something exciting for myself.

It seems slow, with less low end torque. But its not slow actually. Its a cool, relaxed drive. I can drive it in fifth gear at speeds as low as 40kph, and it goes on.

No problems till date. Touch wood.

ICE install has been done, which has not been up to the mark. Some shortcomings are there which are on the hit list, to be taken care ASAP.

On the quick trip to Haridwar:
The car was rather composed on the NH-58 from Delhi to Haridwar, with speeds as low as crawling speed to as high as 130kph, with A.C. on, with tremendous feedback from the stock tyres and the steering feeling rock solid, at all times. Perfect. The car felt planted at all speeds.

It was a day trip, starting at 4.15 a.m. and culminating at 4.00 p.m. the same day, with 410 kms covered. Surprisingly, I didn't feel tired at the end of the trip. This is very different from the feeling I had after long drives in the Fusion. The fabia wins in this department, hands down.

Nothing more to say at this juncture.
deepfusion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2012, 13:15   #29
BHPian

Skoda Fabia-5200 kms update

The car has done 5200 kms as of today

Since the previous update, the car has covered 1250 kms.
consumed: 77.32 ltrs. of petrol
Usage of A.C. 100%.
Mileage achieved: 16.17 kms. to a ltr. of petrol in local use.

Nothing else to say.
Old 6th July 2012, 13:28   #30
BHPian

Hi Deepfusion,

Thats awesome mileage in the city like delhi. Can you please elaborate on your driving style. 16.17 from a Fabia is great. My cousin's 1.4TDI gives a mileage of 15.

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks