Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2011, 16:07   #16
BHPian

Re: My impressions of the Jazz X, i10, City, i20 diesel and Vento 1.6

I test drove another i10 auto today, an Asta this time. It was better than the first one I drove but still fundamentally not possessing EZ-twirl steering or the soft soft ride of the manual i10 I drove previously.

this car is neither lovable nor distasteful. its quite vanilla. We are now starting the paperwork to buy it. For a while we wondered if we shoudn't buy the Jazz X which would be the same price, have all the same features (sunroof apart), and be so much more car than the i10. but then we decided that the idea is to have an automatic transmission, and we want the safety of ABS and airbags, and the convenience of power outside mirrors.

and the i10 Asta at 6 lacs ex showroom is the only choice at anywhere near this price.

so looks like its going to be it. on aug 30th they offered a 25,000 discount on the on-road price but said it was a monthly special. lets see what they do now that august is past.

I am beginning to wonder if it might not be that the i10 manual I drove has different tyres from the TD units

Last edited by Harbir : 2nd September 2011 at 16:32.
Old 2nd September 2011, 20:43   #17
BHPian

well, now the wife is having second thoughts. "autos are boring, shall I buy a jazz instead?"
Old 14th September 2011, 13:21   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
well, now the wife is having second thoughts. "autos are boring, shall I buy a jazz instead?"
+1 to that.

Having TD-ed i10 AT and Jazz over the last couple of months, I agree with that sentiment.

Whats the expected delivery time of Jazz in Delhi? 3 months is the current waiting period in Blr. I guess Honda is using its assembly lines to meet the expected demand for Brio.
Old 14th September 2011, 15:42   #19
BHPian

the dealer was hassling me to buy a Jazz Select and offering me delivery within 10 days. I insisted that I wanted a jazz X but neither this dealer nor any other could give me any commitment on when I could expect to receive a Jazz X, nor that they were even interested in trying to help me get one considering that they had their hands full with the jazz variants that were available. They called me 3 or 4 times asking me make a booking for the Jazz Select.

then they called back 2 weeks later to ask when I was buying and by then the Jazz waiting list had extended to 3 months and now that on the Select, not the X.

I just said thanks very much and left it at that.

I hate to sound snotty, but the last car I bought was a LotusSport, one of only 50 in the world, and my perspective is a bit too skewed for me to sit around for months for utterly ordinary and inane cars like the Honda Jazz (in the big scheme of things), as good as it is. These are not rare exotics or unusually unique and desirable boutique cars or exceptionally attractive sports cars. Its just a car.

I thanked them and forgot about the Jazz. My wife bought an i10 Automatic and is very happy with it. I am now driving the Accord she was driving and have sent the Civic to my parent's place. My own investigation of various cars for my own knowledge continues and I'll keep posting test drive impressions on this thread.

Last edited by Harbir : 14th September 2011 at 15:47.
Old 14th September 2011, 18:22   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
then they called back 2 weeks later to ask when I was buying and by then the Jazz waiting list had extended to 3 months and now that on the Select, not the X.

I just said thanks very much and left it at that.

I hate to sound snotty, but the last car I bought was a LotusSport, one of only 50 in the world, and my perspective is a bit too skewed for me to sit around for months for utterly ordinary and inane cars like the Honda Jazz (in the big scheme of things), as good as it is. These are not rare exotics or unusually unique and desirable boutique cars or exceptionally attractive sports cars. Its just a car.
I totally agree with you. This was the reason I did not buy the Vento diesel. I really don't understand how can a regular car have months and months of waiting period, that too after being so long on the market. And it's not like all the cars from that manufacturer have waiting period. I just don't understand these marketing "tactics".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks