Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2012, 22:44   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ownership Log: VW Vento TDI HL (Updated with ICE Review)

I read your post and commented on it. Can you please elaborate a little more on the VAS part? What features are not available in polo?

I have the following activated -

- Speed sensing auto lock at 10 kmph
- Unlock on ignition key removal (Tech was unaware of this feature until I pointed this out to him)

If I recollect right, when they connected the OBD cable to my car, they chose the model of the car as "polo" and then the system shows all the options available for this car. These two were 2 seperate features and needs to be activated individually. You can just walk to the workshop floor and take a look at the VAS screen (that machine on the trolley) and you can make it out yourself, its as simple as that.

All they need to do is just highlight the option and click on activate. If you still have trouble explaining to them, please let me know when you are planning to go there. I will call the SA and explain what was done to my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Posted my experience http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2677075

I checked with Jayaprakash and he was saying that the VAS features you mentioned were not there for the Polo sadly

Last edited by bala80 : 10th February 2012 at 22:47.
Old 10th February 2012, 22:47   #167
Senior - BHPian

Unlock on ignition key removal (Tech was unaware of this feature until I pointed this out to him)

This is what I was hoping to activate but he was adamant that there is no such feature at all. Will give you a buzz when I go there sometime next week to get headlight focused.
Old 11th February 2012, 00:17   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Hello Souravc - Happy to see you back (Too busy with work off late or something?), Bridgestones are doing just fine, and since the steering issue has also been sorted out, It feels even better. For a change I dont have any outstanding complaints with the car. Yes, the door creaking is there, but then now that the ICE has gone in, that's no big deal at all for me!

I have been travelling on business off late and my car has not actually done any reasonable running in the last couple of months. The car had hardly done 500 odd km's in the last 2 months or so, only short runs inside the city. Need to wait for summer vacation of my daughter to plan a vacation, hope my work doesnt play spoilsport then.

Yes, its been a very long time since I updated my profile and when I last attempted to do so, it asked me lots of questions/reasons and I gave up the effort. I will try again, thanks for pointing out

By the way, i have vowed not to take the car on the same route again, You'd probably have read about an cruze owner who lost his tyre on the same route and fellow vento owner whose wheels just got bent. Its an ridiculous route for sure.
Yeah been a bit busy but still find time to log in here at least once a day. Prefer to be a silent observer and read the myriad ( and sometimes weird) views expressed here
I have read through your ICE upgrade , seems like quite a good job - I will revise your and Nileshch's thread prior to doing my ICE job, I would be doing it in a couple of months time, the moment I have some slack at my work.
Good to know that your tyres are to your satisfaction . I was momentarily shocked to read about the condition of that particular road but I cease to be surprised nowadays . In Mumbai you cannot go even a km without finding a dug up road , its horrible .

500 odd kms in 2 months is a crime ! You should plan a long drive holiday .. I found Coorg to be a very nice drive , you can try it out .
Old 12th February 2012, 19:51   #169
Senior - BHPian

Please do so. This is exactly the feature they were unaware of (and told me it is available only for jetta), until I pointed out to them on the VAS screen. They still didn't beleive, but I got them to activate it for me. I called them back and informed that its working as intended but Looks like they are still unaware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
This is what I was hoping to activate but he was adamant that there is no such feature at all. Will give you a buzz when I go there sometime next week to get headlight focused.
I'm very happy with the set-up and the way my music sounds now and I pretty much have everything I wished for in my car. I dont foresee any further spending on my car atleast for the next 1 year or so. My daughter usually will watch cartoons in the car but she is finding it a little difficult in the vento since the central console is slightly tilted towards the driver side. I seldom watch any DVD's even if at home. Yeah, coorg is definitely on my wishlist. Will take suggestions from you if and when I do decide to head up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
I have read through your ICE upgrade , seems like quite a good job - I will revise your and Nileshch's thread prior to doing my ICE job, I would be doing it in a couple of months time, the moment I have some slack at my work.

500 odd kms in 2 months is a crime ! You should plan a long drive holiday .. I found Coorg to be a very nice drive , you can try it out .

Most Viewed