Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2011, 16:09   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Diesel Hunt - Fludic Verna Sx vs Vento Highline (Includes Fiesta First Impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Not any pre-out I am aware of. But it is not impossible to fabricate a pre out for any music system. From the power amp you need to channel out an output with a suitable impedance.

I am no hardcore audiophile. At least not inside a car.
So question of amp is out. I feel the high frequency is a bit less. It can be solved easily bu a pair of tweeters but ALAS no place for it.
Since you are to change speakers, don't just add the regular ones plus tweeters, go for components. They are a different world.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive
Even if a car doesn't do so well around corners but feels composed over different road surfaces, if it has performance, it can be a lot of fun to drive.

One which handles well, but never really manages to reach any good speed may not feel as much fun.
Call it an exaggeration which one do you think more fun to drive the Sluggish Linea MJD or the Verna. For me it is the MJD.
Verna composed?
It is anything but composed!

A good example of a car which does moderately well (can be improved a lot by tyre change, I expect) but is very composed on various surfaces would be the Optra Magnum! Surely not a Verna.

Now between Linea MJD and Magnum, the Magnum a lot more fun for me, but opinions on that may surely vary.

Linea with a 1.6 may be a different story, however.

Quote:
I am not a fan of Verna's interior design but the quality of plastics in most areas are up to the mark. I dont think it is out of Vento's league. Again this is my personal perception.
Just personal opinions:

Finish - Verna seemed far better (though some parts were moderate). Vento really didn't cut it for me.

Design - Verna seems a bit flashy. Applealing to start with, however on living with it, it may seem a tad overbearing. Vento, though boring, may be a better one to live with in the longer term.

Quote:
Wheel base is a very intersting topic. More the wheel base better is the stability and less is the agility. Different people like different things. I like wheelbase to be short. But then the overhang of boot is a nuisance. So I love that to be shaved off as well.
Whenever this comes up, I can't help but think of the Linea, which has a longer wheelbase (2603 IIRC) than the Corolla/Altis and Magnum (2600).

Quote:
Logically Polo. 4 wheels at 4 corners of the car. What else do you want?
The wheelbase is also shorter, and yes the polo is Quicker in changing directions by a margin.
Good point! Seems that at times I may overlook simple things!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav911
No idea about the text definitions but when I use the word handling, it would be to indicate the vehicle's abilities to obey the drivers command; corner effectively; change motion/ direction as per the wishes of the driver based on the inputs on the steering.
For me high speed composure is the Stability of the vehicle.
Oh you stole my words.
Consider what car you may want to be in, if you have to make the car obey those commands effectively in three digit figures. Which car would you feel comfortable in?

It changes based on the speed one is in. This opinion is getting reaffirmed as I drive the Magnum more. It really seems to get in its sweet synchronized self as it gets closer to triple digits and onwards. A lot of other cars tend to feel relatively very jittery.

My guess is that cars in a higher segment (using the word a bit loosely) are built for being in sync at a higher speed. Weight also seems to have a role to play, but am not sure.
Old 27th August 2011, 19:01   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Diesel Hunt - Fludic Verna Sx vs Vento Highline (Includes Fiesta First Impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Since you are to change speakers, don't just add the regular ones plus tweeters, go for components. They are a different world.
Thats the plan right now. I am repenting on selling off a pair of 3 way pioneer speakers with my old Zen.

Quote:
Verna composed?
It is anything but composed!
Who said that.
What I meant was Linea is sluggish but composed.
Verna is fast but handles like a boat.
In such a case I would pick the Linea over Verna. In other words Handling over performance.
I think you misunderstood me!

Quote:
A good example of a car which does moderately well (can be improved a lot by tyre change, I expect) but is very composed on various surfaces would be the Optra Magnum! Surely not a Verna.
IMO Verna is Hopeless.
Magnum is acceptable.

Quote:
Linea with a 1.6 may be a different story, however.
That what we all are waiting for. Arent we?

Quote:
Whenever this comes up, I can't help but think of the Linea, which has a longer wheelbase (2603 IIRC) than the Corolla/Altis and Magnum (2600).
Now that is so true. Inspite of such a long wheelbase it is the best handler of the lot. But did I tell you I loved the handling of Punto better than Linea. I am crazy. You must have guessed by now.
Different story with Superb. When compared to laura it is not so enthusiastic. The long wheelbase is at fault.

Quote:
Consider what car you may want to be in, if you have to make the car obey those commands effectively in three digit figures. Which car would you feel comfortable in?
Lets consider where we regularly drive. It is not a one way highway. And during overtaking you have to do sudden right-left-right lane changes manuovers. And let me tell you this is highly risky even at speeds of 60kmph. These can cause body roll to amplify by a huge margin. (Resonance effect)
2 consequetive right-left-right quick lane change manuovers can be catastrophic. I have been in such a situation in my Zen and I was absolutely terrified.
For us speeds above 100 is rare (except some getaways). So my interst is in a car that handles extremely well at low/moderate speeds.
I believe high speed composure is a lot easier job for suspension engineers. Sudden lane changes, cornerning are the more critical issues.

Still high speed compusure or stability in a straight line remains undeniably an important part of handling. But I believe it affects the ride more than handling.

Last edited by oxyzen : 27th August 2011 at 19:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks