Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2011, 01:33   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: My *new* Maruti Swift VDi, the first on Team-BHP!

Congratulations on your latest acquisition.

The new Swift is just what the doctor ordered for Maruti.

It's a little disappointing to see that some of the old Swift's drawbacks weren't addressed, in the new Swift. Like the small boot, and the rear bench space. The switch-gear too, is a bit of a let-down. However, it's good that they've improved on some of the plastics.

What is the ride like? Is it as bad as the old Swift, or has that been improved upon?
Old 29th August 2011, 09:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjot1912 View Post
Congratulations! My heartiest wishes for you and your Swift. Finally you did what I was (and maybe many others were) expecting, a real "Review".

I am curious to know about the distance of light thrown by the headlamps. Is it 400 meters or 400 feet?
I was talking about the fog lamps, the Head lights have a superb, beam through. I have tested the light near my house itself, did not get a chance to actually test the through, but from what I get the beam is quit bright upto40-60 meters. the fog lamps are insufficient for anything, need brighter bulbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcool View Post
sweet, and lovely pics! Looks like some happy times ahead for you! the door speakers area, holds a tweeter too or is it just shaped like that in a exceptionally angular and large way?

and congrats buddy, may you enjoy clocking miles and miles on this beauty!
The speakers in the door hold a 6 inch speaker, not space for tweeters,
Old 29th August 2011, 10:24   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations! The dashboard is very nice to look at and the Instruments console is very neat and classy.
Old 29th August 2011, 11:28   #34
BANNED

Great car and excellent choice of colours. Congrats. Looking forward to reading more from you. Would like to add one point. Be careful with the internal ORVM switch. I had found it broken in the test drive vehicle (ZDI) at Bagga Link (Delhi) within a span of one week. Just for curiosity sake went to check the switch in the SX4 on display, it was non-existant there as well.
Old 29th August 2011, 13:53   #35
Senior - BHPian

The first ANSS in teambhp,congratulations.But quite dissapointed with the way the wiring has been done.Does the power window deactivation switch deactivate the power window operation in the driver side too(all four windows)?This i find quite weird because as far as i know the power window switches should remain deactivated for only the passenger side but active in the driver side(i.e the driver should be able to open all the windows from his side).

Last edited by rakesh_r : 29th August 2011 at 13:56.
Old 29th August 2011, 14:17   #36
BHPian

Hearty congratulations on the new wheels. The facelifted swift does look stunning and that white colour adds on to its beauty. Wishing you happy miles and happy motoring with the first swift (facelifted) on T-bhp.

One more thing to add, the new swift somewhat resembles fabia from the side profile and a bit of i20 from the boot.
Old 29th August 2011, 15:31   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Dinar,on acquiring arguably, India's hottest drive.

I am sure you must be loving the display,the quality of interiors ,and the drive.

Save the Boot and the rear bench seat ,everything else in this car is spot on.

Have you retained the stock speakers and just put in a HU?

Many congratulations and happy vrooooming !!!!

Last edited by vigsom : 29th August 2011 at 15:33.
Old 29th August 2011, 17:59   #38
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Dinar. White is always the best. Happy Motoring.

I was curious to know about how the below shortcomings in the old swift are handled.
-Boot Space
-Tyre size
But as per your initial report I see no improvement in these areas. Cluster IP and Plastics look good and very attractive.

How is the engine. It was a gem (off course after turbo on) of an engine in its category. Hope it does not let down the 'enthu' drivers..
Old 29th August 2011, 20:45   #39
BHPian

Congrats,

The wheel caps are kool and different. I like them.

Nice colour and about your point of the DDiS lossing its turbo kick in all gears is true with all BS4 cars from maruti's stable, Be it the Old swift post Jan 2010, Dzire or Even the Ritz.

Have Fun!
Old 29th August 2011, 21:00   #40
Senior - BHPian

Congrats ! I love the Swifts , old and new . The other day I checked the new Swift and was mighty impressed with the step-up in the quality of interiors as compared with the new one - the engines are proven and am sure would be fun to drive. I felt that Maruti missed out on a golden opportunity to give more leg space in the rear seats - in fact , would love a confirmation from new swift owners whether I am correct in my opinion about the rear seat leg space.
Old 29th August 2011, 21:01   #41
BHPian

Congrats Dinar! Being first on TBHP could very well mean being one of the first fews across the country Have wonderful miles ahead with the acquisition!

The dash looks classy, good job from Maruti. Somehow, the gauges and the MID looks pretty much the similar to my Polo
Old 29th August 2011, 21:58   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha View Post
Great car and excellent choice of colours. Congrats. Looking forward to reading more from you. Would like to add one point. Be careful with the internal ORVM switch. I had found it broken in the test drive vehicle (ZDI) at Bagga Link (Delhi) within a span of one week. Just for curiosity sake went to check the switch in the SX4 on display, it was non-existant there as well.
The switch is very delicate, and the test vehicles are used by people who have seen it for the first time, so it's bound to happen. My Dad had hard time figuring how the switch works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Congrats Dinar,on acquiring arguably, India's hottest drive.

I am sure you must be loving the display,the quality of interiors ,and the drive.

Save the Boot and the rear bench seat ,everything else in this car is spot on.

Have you retained the stock speakers and just put in a HU?

Many congratulations and happy vrooooming !!!!
There is no OE head unit or speakers, It was put at the dealer. My mother wanted something right away, "YOU CAN PUT WHAT EVER YOU WANT LATER" were the exact words.
SO a CarPC with HD display later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Congrats Dinar. White is always the best. Happy Motoring.

I was curious to know about how the below shortcomings in the old swift are handled.
-Boot Space
-Tyre size
But as per your initial report I see no improvement in these areas. Cluster IP and Plastics look good and very attractive.

How is the engine. It was a gem (off course after turbo on) of an engine in its category. Hope it does not let down the 'enthu' drivers..
The car is still fun to drive, it only has lost the kick as in the way it use to pick up from 2000rpm, and loose out later in the band, this one is linear and keeps it, this one won't kill the person driving if floored mid corner.
One can live with it as the NVH levels are improved because of this.
I still feel this enigne should have a six speed box, it'll make a great tourer, like the i-20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
Congrats,

The wheel caps are kool and different. I like them.

Nice colour and about your point of the DDiS lossing its turbo kick in all gears is true with all BS4 cars from maruti's stable, Be it the Old swift post Jan 2010, Dzire or Even the Ritz.

Have Fun!
This one has the NVH improved ,hence the difference.

More Drive report tomorrow, as a 100KM drive coming, work related, the reason for buying this one in the first place.
Old 29th August 2011, 23:00   #43
BHPian

Congratulations on the new car mate. I didn't even know the deliveries have already started !

Can you post real tank full to tank full mileage figures. How is the noise insulation ? Does the engine clatter reach the cabin or can the vibration be felt on the gear shift ?
Old 30th August 2011, 09:03   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Congratulations on the new car mate. I didn't even know the deliveries have already started !

Can you post real tank full to tank full mileage figures. How is the noise insulation ? Does the engine clatter reach the cabin or can the vibration be felt on the gear shift ?
As off now there are not engine vibration as the the earlier one, nor does it have noise in cabin. No vibs in the gear lever.
Old 30th August 2011, 09:08   #45
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Dinar on your new aquisition, what's the wait period for a new booking?
Nice pics and a very unbiased review of the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks