Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2012, 14:04   #31
BHPian

Re: My New Daily Drive : Chevy Cruze A/T plus 5000KMs Initial report

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
And they didn't try to illogically blame the LED taillamps / DRL mods for the wiring issues? I think that's quite admirable of them.
Agree completely! Maruti keeps blaming my accesories for any issues that come in the car.

I think it is nice that Chevrolet has not dont that in this case.
Old 2nd April 2012, 20:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
And they didn't try to illogically blame the LED taillamps / DRL mods for the wiring issues? I think that's quite admirable of them.
Well they did try to, but all mods done on the car were done seriously taking into account not to void the warranty, You need to fight for your rights with these automotive companies. The Philips DRL lamps work completely independent of the cars electrical system whatsoever, they turn on and turn off automatically with the help of in-built sensors and relays. There is a good reason why these DRL lamps cost almost 10k

The LED Lamps are also plug and play straight into the company's wiring harness for the OE tail lamps. So I have not touched the electrical wiring of the car in any way. Moreover the damage was caused by a faulty battery which leaked, not because of any extra load on the electrical system of the car.

Its nothing admirable, its about how smartly you deal with these companies. Keeping me waiting 20 days for a part is nothing great on the companies part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Agree completely! Maruti keeps blaming my accesories for any issues that come in the car.

I think it is nice that Chevrolet has not dont that in this case.
Well on my Maruti Swift Diesel, the starter motor was changed 4 times and eventually the entire engine of the car was changed under full warranty, That car has a full audio Setup with two amps and a sub,Car PC and aftermarket system, 15" Wheels with oversize tire, so if you go by the book the warranty was void after these mods/accessories but all of them have nothing to do with the engine hence maruti was forced to change all of these under warranty.

Companies try to rub these issues but all of us need to be strong to to fight with them, one strong factor I have honestly noticed with automotive companies is how important TBHP plays a part here.

Automotive companies now are very concerned about how their image/feedback is over the net and since TBHP is a very strong influence online, companies take members here seriously. In my chevrolet case also, I have now communication from the company and a assured date in return mail when they will give the car back after they learned I am a senior TBHP member.

I remember how even Honda changed my Engine mounts for my civic for free as a goodwill gesture after I shared some negative feedback about the dealership on the TBHP thread, and the civic was completely out of warranty and also heavily modded, Aftermarket suspension,rims,tires and engine works also, still they changed it for free as a "GOODWILL GESTURE".

Kudos to TEAM-BHP for this

Last edited by m4ugr8 : 2nd April 2012 at 20:19.
Old 3rd April 2012, 02:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

I was being sarcastic. I completely agree with you on the above points
Old 6th April 2012, 09:50   #34
Senior - BHPian

The car was returned by Chevrolet finally, everything seems to be in order for now and working. The total repair bill with the service cost was 13600/-, This includes an oil change, 20000 KM(s) service and other stuff.
Old 6th April 2012, 20:28   #35
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
The car was returned by Chevrolet finally, everything seems to be in order for now and working. The total repair bill with the service cost was 13600/-, This includes an oil change, 20000 KM(s) service and other stuff.
So brake pads are in good shape? which was the engine oil? is it Total Quartz ? what was the cost of 3D Kagu mats?
Old 6th April 2012, 20:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
10000 KMs up on the car and it was time to change the tires on this baby. I wanted to this ever since the car came home. I almost had a crash when I tried braking at high speeds on these hopeless JK tires. thankfully got out any damage.

I got the tires and rims changed for 17" HRS wheels and 225/50/17 Advan Sport Tires. Have a look. Better quality pictures soon.

Hey Manan,

Those wheels look HOT !! I had identical ones on my Octavia, if you remember, these make your Chevy look waaaaay better than the stock wheels !!

Next time I should remember to take a looksie

Cheers
Old 7th April 2012, 10:36   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
So brake pads are in good shape? which was the engine oil? is it Total Quartz ? what was the cost of 3D Kagu mats?
Yes, Brake pads were changed in the last 15000 KM(s) service so they are good. Engine oil I guess the service center uses Mobile 1 5W40 full synthetic oil, I will check with them when I go next. The 3D mats costed me around 6500/- IIRC. Got them back when I purchased the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Hey Manan,

Those wheels look HOT !! I had identical ones on my Octavia, if you remember, these make your Chevy look waaaaay better than the stock wheels !!

Next time I should remember to take a looksie

Cheers

I know, and I have a liking for this design of wheels hence I got it for the new car, Your Octi also looks hot with these wheels.
m4ugr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2012, 18:24   #38
BHPian

I saw your car near gk m block today around 12. You dont have T-bhp stickers do you, but i recognised your ride from the wheels! I had read this thread very recently. Your car looks better in flesh.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks