Team-BHP - Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/108510-review-2nd-gen-maruti-swift-2011-2017-a-142.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 3371427)
Maruti Swift Volt custom kit costs INR 2.15 lakhs.

LOL! :uncontrol :uncontrol

I can think of a hundred ways to blow 2.15 L which gets me better value! Starting with:

# 1. How about buying a ZDi or ZXi instead of that Volt custom thingy and use the money saved for a good driving holiday?

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetjohn (Post 3371996)
LOL! :uncontrol :uncontrol

I can think of a hundred ways to blow 2.15 L which gets me better value! Starting with:

# 1. How about buying a ZDi or ZXi instead of that Volt custom thingy and use the money saved for a good driving holiday?

The Indian mentality goes the other way round.

Why spend that extra on ZXi/ZDi rather buy a LXi/LDi/VXi/VDi and that extra money can be put for the Volt customization. Anyway I don't drive fast why would I need ABS and Airbags.:Frustrati

If I am not wrong the Volt is being done up on the VDi so the OTR for it will be 6L and adding the Volt kit expect the price to go upto 8.3-8.4L which is in the ZDI territory. I guess there is no money saved but yes there is a life that could be saved with the 'Z' variant that the great Volt kit.

See below the report from IAB for the VOLT kit.:D

Quote:

Indian Autos Blog learns that this edition of the Swift is based on the VDi variant. Apart from the ex-Showroom price of INR 5.99 lakhs, customers will have to cough up an additional INR 2.15 lakhs to get it to this specification. As a result, the ex-Showroom New Delhi price of the Maruti Swift Volt stands at INR 8.14 lakhs
The excerpt from IAB for the volt kit that I was referring to. Down south the prices could go near 9L too IIRC.

Anurag.

As per NDTV report, updated Swift & Dzire will be launched in Aug-14. More details here:

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/updated-ma...is-year-380994

Not sure what is holding the Indian launch for almost a year after the International launch. Hope they upgrade the brakes on L & V variants.

I have posted in my Swift ZDi thread but posting it here again.

My car has its first hit by a bus and it has cracked my Right ORVM Indicator.

Name:  ForumRunner_20140219_230033.png
Views: 4264
Size:  428.5 KB

Went to MASS and found that the ONLY the indicator is avaliable for Rs 1400.

Now if a job card is openend then labour charges + taxes is taking the bill upto Rs 1800-1900 which doesn't make sense to me.

Is there any DIY or any method to replace the blinker only?

Anurag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3373590)
Now if a job card is openend then labour charges + taxes is taking the bill upto Rs 1800-1900 which doesn't make sense to me.

Is there any DIY or any method to replace the blinker only?

Anurag.

An independent MASS can do this job unofficialy if you have good rapport with the staff over there. Also ask your SA so thar he can guide you to a maruti mechanic who works part time in some FNG. He can do a job at a fraction of the dealer price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100kmph (Post 3373622)
An independent MASS can do this job unofficialy if you have good rapport with the staff over there. Also ask your SA so thar he can guide you to a maruti mechanic who works part time in some FNG. He can do a job at a fraction of the dealer price.

Agreed! But the SA I deal with is not in town so the other guys are adamant on opening a job card.

Though I have realised a place for replacement which I shall get it done by day after.

Anurag.

Hi all, With reports coming from IAB it is confirmed that Suzuki has launched a limited edition Suzuki Swift SZ-L Edition in the UK. Based on the mid-grade SZ3 trim, this edition of the Swift is limited to 500 units. Suzuki will begin accepting orders for the SZ-L from March 1.

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-1620883_10152002236261234_1546232431_n.jpg

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-suzukiswiftszlspecialeditionseats681x1024.jpg

Thanks

AD

Source: https://www.facebook.com/IndianAutos...type=3&theater

Wonder if they will consider launching such a variant here in India, with our low priority rating for safety kit.

A fully loaded Swift with a nice powerful 1.6 litre petrol engine, greater reinforcements all around, many airbags, ABS, ESP etc would be a good shot at the premium hatch market.

With its excellent driving dynamics and handling, this could become a very desirable and successful 'hot hatch'.

Moving the Swift related discussion from the Amaze thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan (Post 3392842)
...Swift is the cheapest & safest choice without any doubt, but it is ok only upto 120 kmph or so, after which the car dies down and no/negligible power remain in reserve...

NO WAY! :) Previous gen Swift (MJD) could do a +40 kmph than you mentioned, without breaking a sweat, with 5 people on-board on an empty straight stretch! The steering would vibrate after 140 kmph though.

Not advocating high speeds, but my friend clocked a +70 kmph on his K Series Swift, the ONLY addition was a stock replacement K&N filter.

The new Swift being lighter, should be equally capable or better. But if your friend plans for this, I suggest he waits till the facelift launches.

What is the most thrilling experience while driving? IMO, it is high speed cornering. And what a car Swift is in this regard! Awesome budget buy for that thrilling experience!

Guys,

Anyone owns a Swift LXi? We are looking for a city hatch and considered Celerio, i10 Grand, etc but some how feel swift is a better car. Priced at around 4.90 ex showroom it fits in our budget. I have read that the tyres are skinny but that can be taken care off. This car is going to be 90% city use. And when I say highway, it would be Max 90-100 kms run one way.

I TD my uncles ZXi and loved the K series. I am aware that Lxi is a bare bone car but most cars in sub 5L range are barebone. At least swift has a sweet engine.

The car is going to be primarily driven by mom dad within city and both are not liking the fact of learning to use a AT hatch at 60+. So ruled out the possibilities of owning a AT hatch.

Regards,

Quote:

Originally Posted by h@r$h@l (Post 3393104)

I TD my uncles ZXi and loved the K series. I am aware that Lxi is a bare bone car but most cars in sub 5L range are barebone. At least swift has a sweet engine.

The car is going to be primarily driven by mom dad within city and both are not liking the fact of learning to use a AT hatch at 60+. So ruled out the possibilities of owning a AT hatch.

Regards,

The LXi (all L and V variants) has horribly inadequate braking according to Team BHP review and many people here. So it'd be better if you take a look at other options, as a car without the most important safety feature, i.e brakes is extremely dangerous.

@Others Hey guys, can anyone tell me the waiting periods of ZXi and ZDi in Bengaluru please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by theredliner (Post 3396192)
The LXi (all L and V variants) has horribly inadequate braking according to Team BHP review and many people here. So it'd be better if you take a look at other options, as a car without the most important safety feature, i.e brakes is extremely dangerous.

@Others Hey guys, can anyone tell me the waiting periods of ZXi and ZDi in Bengaluru please?

The LXi had an issue with braking at low speeds under some circumstances (only when breaking and riding the clutch at low speed). This was addressed via an ECU update, though Maruti claims not to have done any thing apart from an checkup.

I have an 2011 LXi. For driving in the city, the breaking ability is more than adequate. I have not encountered any issue with the same over the past 2+years.
And the during (infrequent) highway drives that I have taken this, I had to do panic braking a few times due to loony drivers crisscrossing highways. Even here I did not find any issue. My speeds during these instances was in the range of 80-100 KMPH.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARDEEP (Post 3373403)
As per NDTV report, updated Swift & Dzire will be launched in Aug-14. More details here:

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/updated-ma...is-year-380994

Not sure what is holding the Indian launch for almost a year after the International launch. Hope they upgrade the brakes on L & V variants.

This article doesn't mention August as launch date. Online blogs are giving launch dates from April '14, 2nd Qtr'14 to end of 2014. Does anyone have credible information on this ? I am keeping on hold buying Grand i10 Asta (O) just to check new Swift ZDi.

http://indianexpress.com/article/bus...-swift-dzires/