Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2011, 09:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: My Tyrian Wine beauty! The Manza Elan

Congratulations. The interior pictures are excellent. The purple looks far better than beige interiors and will be easier to maintain. My cousin's one year old Manza's beige interiors looks very dirty now. Once again I'd like to highlight your interior pics. They are just brilliant. Have many more happy and safe miles.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 10:44   #17
BHPian

re: My Tyrian Wine beauty! The Manza Elan

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Congratulations. The interior pictures are excellent. The purple looks far better than beige interiors and will be easier to maintain. My cousin's one year old Manza's beige interiors looks very dirty now. Once again I'd like to highlight your interior pics. They are just brilliant. Have many more happy and safe miles.
Thanks a lot guyfrmblr! Really appreciate it
And yes, the purple looks better and is easier to maintain. However, the beige fabric on the doors is a big letdown.
I will be uploading some more pictures very soon. Make sure you check them out as well!
Old 10th November 2011, 20:45   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Tyrian Wine beauty! The Manza Elan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Hello swiftnfurious. Always nice to see your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
1. As per the rattling is concerned, My car had started rattling even before it completed 6 weeks, so your uncle is quite lucky in that matter!

2. I have not been facing any niggles with the MID (Thankfully). Did he get it checked?

As per all the TATA niggles are concerned, you know what they say don't you? 'With a TATA, you have to be prepared.'
1. Not sure whether my uncle was lucky, but I got in the car for the first time after he completed 6 months and hence I put it down that way. Not sure when did the rattling actually start. But then even my Swift rattles a fair bit - so no nit picking on the Manza rattles, my rant was rather a wish list [includes Swift as well].

2. I asked him and he said they have agreed to replace / repair it under warranty. But still, NOT a nice feeling to have; especially after falling in love with the AWESOME white lights at the background.

And as you said, since you have owned TATA products in the past, you were prepared for it. But after so much rave reviews which I heard & read, my expectation was a little more. Rattles, I am fine with, but not the electricals failing in such a new car - hence I think TATA should actually head & improve the reliability part more than other areas [well, they have covered & improved many of the pain points].

And to be honest, this incident has tilted me slightly in favor of Verito [I have not traveled / TDed the car yet] but I will still rate Manza above Dzire for a better people mover.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 10th November 2011 at 20:47.
Old 10th November 2011, 21:36   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

1. Not sure whether my uncle was lucky, but I got in the car for the first time after he completed 6 months and hence I put it down that way. Not sure when did the rattling actually start. But then even my Swift rattles a fair bit - so no nit picking on the Manza rattles, my rant was rather a wish list [includes Swift as well].

2. I asked him and he said they have agreed to replace / repair it under warranty. But still, NOT a nice feeling to have; especially after falling in love with the AWESOME white lights at the background.

And as you said, since you have owned TATA products in the past, you were prepared for it. But after so much rave reviews which I heard & read, my expectation was a little more. Rattles, I am fine with, but not the electricals failing in such a new car - hence I think TATA should actually head & improve the reliability part more than other areas [well, they have covered & improved many of the pain points].

And to be honest, this incident has tilted me slightly in favor of Verito [I have not traveled / TDed the car yet] but I will still rate Manza above Dzire for a better people mover.
Exactly! I own a swift dzire as well and hence I am quite familiar with the positives and negatives of both the cars. The manza is definitely a better option to opt for as a people mover. As per rattling is concerned, in Maruti, Mahindra and Tata these things are inevitable. My swift dzire too is a rattlebox to be honest in spite of driving it extremely carefully. I guess they are just made that way and even the bad roads are a huge contributing factor.
Out of all the cars we own, I drive the Swift Dzire and hence call it 'mine'. So, I have decided, in the future, I will try to stay away from buying a car from the three manufacturers I mentioned above for me. In fact I will be replacing it quite soon with a new car. But I don't think there will ever be a shortage of tata cars in my garage!

I have never driven the Verito so cannot comment on that. But does it really have a better build quality?

I just saw that you mentioned something about the headlights of the Manza. Well, they are pretty adequate. The main plus point here is that there are two separate bulbs for high and low beam. I found the headlights in my dzire to be quite inadequate and so I replaced them with osram nightbreakers. However, the Manza's lights are pretty adequate, so no mod planned for now.

Last edited by DeKay : 10th November 2011 at 21:39.
Old 10th November 2011, 22:09   #20
BHPian

For unknown reasons, DeKay, you could not wake up today morning for the photoshoot of your Manza.
Expecting you to wake up early and drive down to my place, after which we can go for the photoshoot!

Cannot wait to click pictures of the 'beauty' tomorrow! Hope to get good places to shoot it too!
ContiMental is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 08:13   #21
BHPian

DeKay, congratulations!

a quick question. Are the boot light, passenger lumbar support, and glove box light present, or has tata cost cut them off? tehy are all removed in the new vista!

also, can you comment on the sturdiness of the side rub rails? my new Vista's rub rail came off this week.
Old 11th November 2011, 10:16   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvishnu View Post
DeKay, congratulations!

a quick question. Are the boot light, passenger lumbar support, and glove box light present, or has tata cost cut them off? tehy are all removed in the new vista!

also, can you comment on the sturdiness of the side rub rails? my new Vista's rub rail came off this week.
Hi Vishnu!
Out of the three features you mentioned, only the glove box light has been taken off by Tata.

Yes, I faced a similar problem and I forgot to mention about it. One of the rub rail came off from my manza as well. The car was brand new. My drivers think that someone might have pulled it on purpose, but the actual reason is still unknown. One thing is for sure, they're not as sturdy as you'd like them to be.
Hope this helps
Old 11th November 2011, 11:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Dekay, its raining Manza in Tbhp since the last couple of months, 3 cheers for Tata (niggles or no niggles )
Old 11th November 2011, 11:37   #24
BHPian

Well, I did get a chance to take the Manza out for a photo shoot early in the morning. Team Bhpian 'ContiMental' accompanied me as we stay quite close to each other and he's a really good photographer as well.

Here are the pictures I clicked:

Ready after a nice wash by our very loyal "Ramu".
My Tyrian Wine beauty! The Manza Elan-img_2459.jpg

The Smiling Tata Grill
My Tyrian Wine beauty! The Manza Elan-img_2464.jpg

The Beautiful Sedan
My Tyrian Wine beauty! The Manza Elan-img_2469.jpg

The Nicely designed rear
My Tyrian Wine beauty! The Manza Elan-img_2476.jpg

The picture speaks for itself
My Tyrian Wine beauty! The Manza Elan-img_2480.jpg

That's ContiMental checking out the Manza
My Tyrian Wine beauty! The Manza Elan-img_2485.jpg
DeKay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 12:42   #25
BHPian

Thanks a lot DeKay for inviting me for a photo session. I had a great time.

Here's my contribution;

That's DeKay driving. He's a very good driver, I must say!My Tyrian Wine beauty! The Manza Elan-img_2455.jpg

That's DeKay's Manza standing outside SRK's house. Not even a minute's drive from DeKay's residence and a minute's drive from mine My Tyrian Wine beauty! The Manza Elan-img_2513.jpg

The Illuminated Key Ring.
My Tyrian Wine beauty! The Manza Elan-img_2467.jpg

My Tyrian Wine beauty! The Manza Elan-img_2470.jpg

Looks like a crow's admiring the car
My Tyrian Wine beauty! The Manza Elan-img_2461.jpg

My Tyrian Wine beauty! The Manza Elan-img_2462.jpg

My Tyrian Wine beauty! The Manza Elan-img_2471.jpg

And Finally these couple shots;
My Tyrian Wine beauty! The Manza Elan-img_2487.jpgMy Tyrian Wine beauty! The Manza Elan-img_2506.jpg
ContiMental is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 16:23   #26
BHPian

Drool !Drool!!What a set of pics,DK and Gautham ,simply stunning.This set of pics made me feel that the Manza looks stunning ,especially in this colour.My favourate is the 5th pic from DK's post and 4th pic from ContiMental's post.Really a.
Sreehari
shk 8896 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 18:51   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Drool !Drool!!What a set of pics,DK and Gautham ,simply stunning.This set of pics made me feel that the Manza looks stunning ,especially in this colour.My favourate is the 5th pic from DK's post and 4th pic from ContiMental's post.Really a.
Sreehari
Thanks a lot Sreehari! Really appreciate it! And yes the Manza looks stunning. The color is simply amazing!
Old 12th November 2011, 09:38   #28
BHPian

Thanks a lot to everybody who liked Dekay and my pictures.
I will be coming up with a thread pretty shortly!
Do have a fulfilled wait for it!
Old 12th November 2011, 13:23   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Congrats Dekay, its raining Manza in Tbhp since the last couple of months, 3 cheers for Tata (niggles or no niggles )
Thanks a lot motomaverick. Well, Manza is a great product, specially the Elan. Apart from some small niggles and their bad After sales, its a true winner.
Old 13th November 2011, 16:24   #30
BHPian

Got the worst Mileage figures last night. Was stuck in a huge jam for 45 minutes. Here is a picture. The figures have never stooped so low. Should I be worried?
Attached Thumbnails
My Tyrian Wine beauty! The Manza Elan-img00799201111092157.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks