Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2011, 23:02   #46
BHPian

re: The F10 BMW 530d - 'Automotivification' of JOY ! " Pics on Pg 1 & 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Actually I havent tried it, but with most european cars, if the cars parking lights are on and just before putting the engine off you put on either the left or right indicator, the corresponding sides parking lights stay on even after the engine is switched off.
Yes, that happens even with a Skoda Octavia. All European cars have that feature i think. Its probably some automotive standard feature they have there.
Old 12th November 2011, 05:33   #47
BHPian

Wow, congrats on your new car Dieselite! It is a beautiful car, extremely comfortable and absolutely gorgeous to look at. Even though I am a Merc man myself, I can't help but stare at the new BMWs, they are gorgeous cars!

Hope you have many many fun filled miles in it!
Old 16th November 2011, 14:44   #48
BHPian

Hey guys,

1000 km update !!

The engine is purring like a wild cat ! The FE is a steady 10.5 in the city ! Quite a pleasant shock, but yes in the city i do drive it really well and not at peak hours ! The car is incredibly addictive even to just cruise around at a lazy 1500 rpm in the city ! Refinement is beginning to be the real knock-out punch for this car for me. The HuD is super convenient and i really dont have to take my eyes off the road ! The hard drive has been loaded with good music. All is well !

I have noticed that there is a visible camber setting on the rear wheels though. Is this normal? The camber is visibly negative (i hope i got that right...the top side of the wheel is slightly inwards as compared to the bottom)

Cheers
Dieselite

Last edited by Dieselite : 16th November 2011 at 15:00.
Old 16th November 2011, 14:58   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
I have noticed that there is a visible camber setting on the rear wheels though. Is this normal? The camber is visibly positive (i hope i got that right...the top side of the wheel is slightly inwards as compared to the bottom)
Google says it should be the other way around. The bottom part of the wheel should be slightly inwards.

Here's a pic for illustration purpose.
The F10 BMW 530d - 'Automotivification' of JOY ! " Pics on Pg 1 & 3"-camber.jpg

Source: Google.

This could be wrong info though. You could check it with experts.

About the HDD, what all has been loaded? Need to check that soon. That would give us enough to judge the ICE of the monster.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 16th November 2011 at 15:00.
Old 17th November 2011, 19:34   #50
BHPian

Wow. Absolutely stunning pics. Just kept drooling at the pics for a long time.

You wont believe i kept on looking at the first interior pic on the first page for more than 30 mins.
vishnu.csk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 19:40   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu.csk View Post
Wow. Absolutely stunning pics. Just kept drooling at the pics for a long time.

You wont believe i kept on looking at the first interior pic on the first page for more than 30 mins.

Thanks a lot Vishnu ! That is exactly what happened to me when the official BMW 525 and 530 reviews were posted here !

I will post some better interior shots sometime soon !
Old 17th November 2011, 21:10   #52
BHPian

Wow! Hearty Congratulations on BMW 530d. Personally, I consider this to be the best and probably one of the most sensible luxury cars in the market today.

Stunning pictures of the car! Love the night shots.
azeemhafiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 00:23   #53
BHPian

I was this close to booking the 2012 Jag XF before i saw this post :-) great pictures by the way....
Old 18th November 2011, 00:50   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetkanwar View Post
I was this close to booking the 2012 Jag XF before i saw this post :-) great pictures by the way....
Dude, i had narrowed down my search to exactly the same two cars ! (though the Jag was the older one) The exteriors of the cars are pretty even stevens ! to each his own actually....but once you sit in the cars the BMW wins hands down. Also the 8 speed transmission on the BMW outdoes the 6 speed Jag big time. So inspite of the Jag's higher power and torque figures it lags behind the 530. More so also the linear power delivery and refinement of the 530 is so unreal that it makes the Jag feel jerky...fearure to feature also the BMW does outpopulate the Jag (especially the HuD , SatNav and the iDrive !

I'm hardselling the BMW 530 to you but really i was exactly where you are today and i'm thriilled to bits with the choice i made. The moolah you will save on the 530 is an additional plus ! Do check the test drive reviews of the XF S d and the 530d here on team bhp as well ! Might help you choose the right car !

cheers !

Dieselite
Old 18th November 2011, 09:26   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, that happens even with a Skoda Octavia. All European cars have that feature i think. Its probably some automotive standard feature they have there.

Firstly congratulations on a brilliant car !

You are right, the indicator stalk if left in the indicator turn position, will light up the parking light of that side of the car. This is for safety in case of a breakdown on a dimly lit street or even just to show the car to oncoming traffic from a distance, when parked.

Cheers
Old 18th November 2011, 11:00   #56
BHPian

Quote:
I'm hardselling the BMW 530 to you but really i was exactly where you are today and i'm thriilled to bits with the choice i made. The moolah you will save on the 530 is an additional plus ! Do check the test drive reviews of the XF S d and the 530d here on team bhp as well ! Might help you choose the right car !

cheers !

Dieselite
I will still hold my decision till I get a TD of both vehicles I saw the 2012 Jag XF in Pune just moments ago today morning and I loved it. Trust me it looks fab. But since I am a gadget and speed freak, the features you listed, like the HuD, iDrive, Two rear LCD's are all making me more inclined towards the Bimmer.
It has to be based on what talks to my heart once I've TD'n both and I wouldn't mind if the BMW takes that spot. I'm kinda hoping it does.

Last edited by harpreetkanwar : 18th November 2011 at 11:05.
Old 18th November 2011, 16:59   #57
BHPian

This thread could just make me cry! After all that scavenging and researching when you realize its not financially a good time for you to go in for the purchase atleast for the next 6 months or so, just makes my heart burn! I don't think any of the other cars in the segment have me hooked as much as the beamer did! I have my eyes set on this car and hopefully get this monster in our garage soon! Congratulations on yours Dieselite, this car is nothing short of ultimate!
n:CorE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 18:17   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n:CorE View Post
This thread could just make me cry! After all that scavenging and researching when you realize its not financially a good time for you to go in for the purchase atleast for the next 6 months or so, just makes my heart burn! I don't think any of the other cars in the segment have me hooked as much as the beamer did! I have my eyes set on this car and hopefully get this monster in our garage soon! Congratulations on yours Dieselite, this car is nothing short of ultimate!
n:CorE !

dude...it will make your purchase sweeter ! The 530d will get an engine upgrade - more bhp and torque !! Around January this should happen and the car will have 258 bhp and 560 nM torque as against the 245 bhp and 540 nM it currently puts out ! So enjoy your wait my friend !

cheers
Dieselite
Old 18th November 2011, 20:30   #59
BHPian

Re: The F10 BMW 530d - 'Automotivification' of JOY ! " Pics on Pg 1 & 3"

Quote:
n:CorE !

dude...it will make your purchase sweeter ! The 530d will get an engine upgrade - more bhp and torque !! Around January this should happen and the car will have 258 bhp and 560 nM torque as against the 245 bhp and 540 nM it currently puts out ! So enjoy your wait my friend !

cheers
Dieselite
I know! I remember S350L-E240 saying this on the forums. And whenever there is news from BMW, You can really blindly trust his words . This fact is one thing that just keeps me motivated and satisfied of my delay in the purchase. Anyways, congratulations again and drive safe! Keep us updated on this beauty
Old 13th June 2012, 15:09   #60
BHPian

Re: The F10 BMW 530d - 'Automotivification' of JOY ! " Pics on Pg 1 & 3"

The first realistic trip with my beauty !!

Journey computer update !!

The F10 BMW 530d - 'Automotivification' of JOY ! " Pics on Pg 1 & 3"-img2012061200151.jpg

This was my first outing with the 530...believe it or not....after having owned her for more than 7 months ( and only 3.5 k odd on the odo !!!). Took my lil baby boy on his first long drive Pune-Mahabaleshwar-Pune in the 5 !

Traffic was chaotic on the highway and hence the lower avg speed. But the fuel consumption was ASTONISHING !!! Clearer traffic would have meant higher avg speed and lesser acceleration deceleration and lower consumption as well !!

I set the journey computer when i left home....and saw it only halfaway on the return journey...it was showing 13.9 at the time and then conservative driving helped me peak it by the time i reached home.

But still 14 kmpl is a steal with the 3 litre monster with me my wife and 6 kg baby on board !

well...i'm thrilled to bits !!

cheers
Dieselite !

Last edited by Dieselite : 13th June 2012 at 15:11. Reason: deletion of extra smileys

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks