Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2012, 21:03   #31
BHPian

Re: Got Home a Preowned Fusion TDCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadmumbai View Post
Hi Deep,
I'll actually be giving the car for service in first week and will try to clean the air filter. I am relieved and surprised at the low cost of service mentioned by you. Do share the links of your service logs and links to your ownership report and pics of Fusion if you have posted them.
The rear tyres are Stock goodyear GT3 tyres and front are new Goodyear GT3 tyres put by previous owner.
I also rectified two issues: bought a new FM roof antennae for 550/- through a local garage as well as water was seeping into my left tail light. Got it removed, dried and sealed with araldite. With this, there are no other broken or non-functional parts except the missing rear wiper.
Hey sharad,

Im looking for a Fusion TDCi and will finalize in a week's time. could you update your thread and let me know what to look out for ? did you have any surprises after the purchase like a huge bill or things to look out for before purchase .

Keep your thread updated, there are people like me following them for updates

Thanks,
Chaos
Old 29th August 2012, 10:15   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
Hey sharad,

Im looking for a Fusion TDCi and will finalize in a week's time. could you update your thread and let me know what to look out for ? did you have any surprises after the purchase like a huge bill or things to look out for before purchase .

Thanks,
Chaos
Just look for the complete service record.

It would give you the complete picture of the machine. Fusion is, surprisingly, very straight forward machine. It speaks to you. Loud and clear.

If you want my take on the Fusion TDCi, please read my story here:

Fusion TDCi

I am missing it since the day I parted with it. Wonderful vehicle indeed.

Last edited by deepfusion : 29th August 2012 at 10:21.
Old 29th August 2012, 23:43   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Just look for the complete service record.

It would give you the complete picture of the machine. Fusion is, surprisingly, very straight forward machine. It speaks to you. Loud and clear.

If you want my take on the Fusion TDCi, please read my story here:

Fusion TDCi

I am missing it since the day I parted with it. Wonderful vehicle indeed.
Hey DeepFusion,

I have read every single line in your thread and got to know a lot about Fusion. Thank you. When we purchased our Dzire Vxi in 2008 , me and my dad loved the Fusion and wanted to buy that, and as usual the whole fraternity around us screamed on top of their voice to stay away from it. But, still i am smitten by it.

Cheers,
Old 30th August 2012, 08:46   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Hey DeepFusion,

I have read every single line in your thread and got to know a lot about Fusion. Thank you. When we purchased our Dzire Vxi in 2008 , me and my dad loved the Fusion and wanted to buy that, and as usual the whole fraternity around us screamed on top of their voice to stay away from it. But, still i am smitten by it.

Cheers,
Being in Chennai is an advantage for you as most of Fusion Diesels available for sale on CarWale are in Chennai. Even the resale value is lesser in Chennai compared to Blore!

Let me know how your deal goes, may be even I might drive down to Chennai and pick up one in coming months!
devrajman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 18:34   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Hey DeepFusion,

Cheers,
Go for it man, if you find a clean piece.
Believe me, it won't give you any nasty surprises if you buy one with complete service history.

Congrats in advance.
deepfusion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 10:14   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Hey sharad,

Thanks,
Chaos
hi Rev_Mechanic

I am very happy with my purchase and i have clocked over 13k since purchase.
The only spent till now is 1 Service - 4k approx (2nd is due now), brake pad changes- around 6.5k, one rubber pulley change of 1k and new wiper blades approx 500/-.
The car is fantastic with great handling and driveability, Great AC, 198 mm of ground clearance means potholes are to be eaten and oddles of space. In fact, in the rear seat 3 adults and 1 child can easily sit vs my fiesta where its impossible to sit like that. The seating is higher which means that my parents find it very comfortable to get in and get out. Boot Space is enormous despite it being a hatch and i can bet it can swallow more luggage and big bags than any other sedan boot can.
The only negative is that it doesn't look very upmarket and trendy so I avoid taking it to meetings and conferences where fiesta classic does the duty. Also, the cost of some spares can be quite expensive but with no warranty issues, some of the issues can be addressed by a good garage and critical ones by the Ford service.
Its used primarily for office commute - 80 kms a day. Average in Mumbai Traffic is around 13.8kmpl and on highways is 20kmpl.
Tks
I can go on...
Overall, I'm very happy.

I was looking out for:
1. Tested Engine: 1.4 Duratorq is a very capable workhorse
2. Solid Car: Fords are solid cars and this is my third ford.
sharadmumbai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 11:39   #37
BHPian

Havent seen any update of your amazing possession! Please let us know how the car is fairing since 1+ year.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks