Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2012, 22:00   #16
BHPian

Re: My love comes home – Tata Safari VX 4/4 (Arctic Silver)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Congrats! A Fiesta & then a Safari VX 4x4 - sounds kinda familiar

Time to get a set of Yoko Geo A/Ts & hit the highway to Leh
Thanks Suman. Guess am going your way. So fate will lead me to the BMW sooner or later ;-)

After your comment on the tyre and some more reading up, I am definetely thinking of upgrading to Yoko Geo ATs. Will be on the look out from next weekend. Read up that the Yoko Geo ATs are not in stock lately and dealers are charging kind of premium if they are able to source it.

Just wondering if I will get any good price for exchanging my current set of tyres? They have run for about 800kms now. I read in some other thread that tyre dealers will give you almost full cost of the tyre if they are run less than 100kms.

Any good shop you would suggest in Delhi?
Old 10th January 2012, 16:16   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravdebiswas View Post
Thanks Suman. Guess am going your way. So fate will lead me to the BMW sooner or later ;-)

After your comment on the tyre and some more reading up, I am definetely thinking of upgrading to Yoko Geo ATs. Will be on the look out from next weekend. Read up that the Yoko Geo ATs are not in stock lately and dealers are charging kind of premium if they are able to source it.

Just wondering if I will get any good price for exchanging my current set of tyres? They have run for about 800kms now. I read in some other thread that tyre dealers will give you almost full cost of the tyre if they are run less than 100kms.

You may check BK Tyres in Lajpat Nagar. As far as the best price is concerned, you should have done so when you got the car. However, you may give it a shot.

All the best.
Old 15th January 2012, 17:28   #18
BHPian

The Safari has a new pair of shoes now.

Upgraded to Yoko Geolander AT (235/70/R16).

Exchanged my OE Bridgestone HT tires.

They had run 900km till now.

Dealer charged Rs. 500 difference per tire and additional Rs. 750 for weights.

Total cost Rs. 3250.
Old 15th January 2012, 18:18   #19
BHPian

IMO, this version of Safari looks much better than the fecelift at the expo. Is VX the top Safari version?
Do post some snaps of the Safari and the Fiesta together. A lethal combo, I must say.
Old 15th January 2012, 18:32   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
IMO, this version of Safari looks much better than the fecelift at the expo. Is VX the top Safari version?
Do post some snaps of the Safari and the Fiesta together. A lethal combo, I must say.
I agree. This version still looks better than the Storme. VX is the top version. And 4*4 is available only on this version.

Will definetely post some pics of the Fiesta and Safari together.
Old 15th January 2012, 18:57   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sorry, hadn't seen this post earlier. You've got a decent exchange considering that your tyres had already done 900 kms

I normally go to Star Wheels at Atul Kataria Chowk, Gurgaon. Where did you get yours from - BK Tyres?
Old 15th January 2012, 19:24   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I normally go to Star Wheels at Atul Kataria Chowk, Gurgaon. Where did you get yours from - BK Tyres?
I got it from Capital Tyres in New Delhi. Its near the Green Park metro station (right opposite the Gurdwara).

When I went to the shop I told him its a brand new car with the tires being hardly used. So thats why he quoted that price. After about 15mins when he was removing the tires, he wanted to check the ODO and thats when he saw 900 reading. So quickly I replied that its hardly anything, the car is only a month old and it was driven only in the city. He did inspect the tires after that, but did not ask for more.
souravdebiswas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 23:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got it from Capital Tyres in New Delhi. Its near the Green Park metro station (right opposite the Gurdwara).

When I went to the shop I told him its a brand new car with the tires being hardly used. So thats why he quoted that price. After about 15mins when he was removing the tires, he wanted to check the ODO and thats when he saw 900 reading. So quickly I replied that its hardly anything, the car is only a month old and it was driven only in the city. He did inspect the tires after that, but did not ask for more.
Sourav, could you kindly share a picture of the 4X4 selector in your safari ? I searched many safari threads, but could not find one.
Old 20th January 2012, 20:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

@Scorpiobharath

I saw your request on Kaviprem's thread too, so here you go, the switch in the red circle is the 4x4 selector,hope it helps

My love comes home – Tata Safari VX 4/4 (Arctic Silver)-dsc05702-800x600.jpg

Regards,
Hari.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks