Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2012, 18:29   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Manza Elan: 2 Months - 4200 Kms Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Very well written review by you, Mahesh.
I have re-started thinking of Manza again after reading your review.
I agree the Manza is a great car and I did give it a thought when deciding to purchase a replacement for my aging Esteem. It's a great product though from reports I've heard (esp. postings on this forum), the service network doesn't have the customer focus that Maruti has.

If I were to get the Manza, I would take off the 'T' badge and fit on an 'S' badge so I could get MASS to service the car, but they probably won't so I put my purchase plans on hold for now.
Old 4th January 2012, 12:05   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
I agree the Manza is a great car and I did give it a thought when deciding to purchase a replacement for my aging Esteem. It's a great product though from reports I've heard (esp. postings on this forum), the service network doesn't have the customer focus that Maruti has.

If I were to get the Manza, I would take off the 'T' badge and fit on an 'S' badge so I could get MASS to service the car, but they probably won't so I put my purchase plans on hold for now.
Things are definitely improving on that front nitin. Service and dealer attitude is not as bad as it used to be. There is still a lot of work to be done by Tata Motors regarding dealers and customer focus but they are getting there slowly.

The upside of Tata service is, spares are cheap when compared to Maruti
Old 4th January 2012, 12:43   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel9999 View Post
Things are definitely improving on that front nitin. Service and dealer attitude is not as bad as it used to be. The upside of Tata service is, spares are cheap when compared to Maruti
One of the things I see at Maruti service centers is that they give their 110%. They run on Sundays so for folks who have to work on weekdays or pay their bills on a Saturday, they can get their vehicles serviced on Sundays. A classmate got his dad's Tata Indica from Warangal to Hyderabad to get it serviced on a Saturday afternoon and they said, "Sorry, we can only deliver it on Monday evening." While I appreciate the honesty of the Tata service station staff, having the service network run on a Sunday would add that little extra for customers.

A focus on reducing TCO is what I look for. I do not know for certain but it seems to me that my sister's Swift costs more to service than my old Esteem at the same service center but it may just be an unfounded feeling or perhaps they give me a discount because I bought the Esteem from them (can't remember where the Swift was bought from).
Old 4th January 2012, 18:03   #19
BHPian

Across multiple iterations, the interiors of Manza have really improved (beige -> beige/purple -> beige/black). The current combination looks really plush. Enjoy your ownership and keep the thread updated.

As Sridhar noted, agree with most of your observations except
1. Clutch is pretty hard. On the other hand would be great if TML have fixed it in the latest iteration.
2. Fog lights are pretty useless.
3. I really love the inbuilt audio system. Fantastic quality. Now, i have a pre-owned model and the first owner mentioned that he wanted to upgrade the audio setup, but shelved the plan when he experience it, since the inbuilt setup was great. Personal preference perhaps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks