Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2012, 22:12   #16
BHPian

re: Princess of the Czech: Skoda Laura DSG comes home

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Congratulations on the Laura, Wow DSG. May you have a long trouble service from her. Now i get to drool on Laura every day as my new neighbor has got one (MH registered). Its black in color.

White colors on Laura looks good.
thanks. I hope you mean TROUBLE FREE service. the choice was black and white. went for the white as it is more neutral and has good visibility in the night.
goutham_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2012, 22:39   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride. The interiors of Skoda cars really look a class apart and others should surely take a cue from that. Your description of the little DSG adventure you had with the Jetta makes me want to run and book one tomorrow. Wishing you many happy miles wit your car.
Old 14th January 2012, 22:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Congratulations on your new ride. The interiors of Skoda cars really look a class apart and others should surely take a cue from that. Your description of the little DSG adventure you had with the Jetta makes me want to run and book one tomorrow. Wishing you many happy miles wit your car.
Thank you very much. The interiors are what sealed the deal over the jetta. DSG is phenomenal. You must take a TD simply to try it out.
Old 15th January 2012, 00:03   #19
BHPian

Congratulations on the new ride! Hope it gives you a niggle free ownership. Good youve taken skoda shield just as a precaution. The build quality of this car is amazing. One suggestion kindly get those black mats changed to beige rubber mats itll look much better and are you planning to get Stanley's done? What is "Drive Assure"? Ive never heard of that before. How did you manage to get 95k as discount? I thought they were offering discounts only on the TSI's.

Last edited by Y@SH : 15th January 2012 at 00:06.
Old 15th January 2012, 00:57   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Gautam. Good choice!

Please make sure you buy "drive assure" type of insurance as long as they offer it. With skoda shield and drive assure combination, you don't have to worry about the car ownership costs for the next 4 years. The regular service costs (oil change, brake pads, etc.) are reasonable and should not be a big concern. Also I feel Laura DSG is a good pick among the current breed of Euro cars given its features and price - it is not exactly an Altis but relatively easier to live with, if you know what I mean.

wish you a happy ownership!
Old 15th January 2012, 01:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

@ .anshuman, great of you to cite fantastic owners' experience of skodas here on T-BHP, I know that you too are a Skoda owner reading through the posts here (how the hell did you manage to find so many and put it up here ?) , but don't you think it is our responsibility to point out the many threads where our own T-BHPians have suffered endlessly without any hope even after the forum interjected ? I do not think dieselfan was wrong in citing those examples as much as you were right in citing your examples. Agreed, right ?
Old 15th January 2012, 01:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the DSG Laura. There have been some issues with the DSG but this auto tranny is so good that if i were to take a plunge in this segment i would also opt for a Dsg Laura even after some horror Skoda stories, this car is just brilliant on the highways. Am happy you opted for dsg over the manual version.

Dont worry too much about service, there have been some threads coming up about the service levels improving. Make sure there is some one present when you leave your car for service just to keep a check.

I hope you have gone for a zero depreciation insurance cover, this keep you secure in the event of god forbid a broken side mirror or damage to bumper, you dont pay a penny even on plastics.
Have fun

Last edited by coolboy007 : 15th January 2012 at 02:00.
Old 15th January 2012, 02:51   #23
BHPian

Congrats on the vehicle. That must be one roller coaster ride while choosing your vehicle especially because you started off looking for a Vento. Great buy.
What is the covering on the wheels in the pics of your PDI?.

Looking forward to reading your driving impressions!!!
Old 15th January 2012, 07:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goutham_r

thanks. I hope you mean TROUBLE FREE service. .
Apologies, yeah thats what i meant. You see the fingers are kindof tuned to type TROUBLE when eyes see skoda . What made you choose DSG, it surely looks awesome , the gear shifter i mean.
Old 15th January 2012, 07:32   #25
BHPian

Congratulations Goutham! Fantastic car and an even better engine and gearbox. Dont worry too much about the DSG; Its not the 6 speed wet DSG that's ever had any issues to term the lot problematic. I believe the members trying to caution you on the DSG are mistaken between the issues of the 7 Speed 'Dry' box versus what we have here in the Jetta and the Laura. Enjoy your ride!
Old 15th January 2012, 08:11   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Gautam. Nice car. The mats look out of place, may be Kagu 3D mats would be perfect fit in such a premium car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post

Please make sure you buy "drive assure" type of insurance as long as they offer it. With skoda shield and drive assure combination, you don't have to worry about the car ownership costs for the next 4 years. The regular service costs (oil change, brake pads, etc.) are reasonable and should not be a big concern. Also I feel Laura DSG is a good pick among the current breed of Euro cars given its features and price - it is not exactly an Altis but relatively easier to live with, if you know what I mean.

Just wanted to know, what all are covered under skoda shield ?

Last edited by F150 : 15th January 2012 at 08:22.
Old 15th January 2012, 08:51   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post

Please make sure you buy "drive assure" type of insurance as long as they offer it. With skoda shield and drive assure combination, ......

thank you. Yes, Drive assure will be accompanying all insurance renewals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Congratulations on the new ride! Hope it gives you a niggle free ownership. One suggestion kindly get those black mats changed to beige rubber mats itll look much better and are you planning to get Stanley's done? What is "Drive Assure"? Ive never heard of that before. How did you manage to get 95k as discount? I thought they were offering discounts only on the TSI's.
yes, i am searching for the 3D mats. actually the dealer offered stanley leather at a discounted price. But we opted out. will keep the fabric for a few months and then go in for leather. Stanley or Karlsson will have to see. Drive Assure is bajaj allianz's zero depriciation insurance addon. wherein you can claim 100% of the damage cost. it was the year end so discounts were pretty good. the TSI's were getting a whopping 1.8lac discount. I dont think they have removed that ad you check it out in vinayak skodas website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Congratulations on the DSG Laura. There have been some issues with the DSG but this auto tranny is so good that if i were to take a plunge in this segment i would also opt for a Dsg Laura even after some horror Skoda stories, this car is just brilliant on the highways. Am happy you opted for ........ I hope you have gone for a zero depreciation insurance cover, this keep you secure in the event of god forbid a broken side mirror or damage to bumper, you dont pay a penny even on plastics.
Have fun
Yes, i have opted for the zero depriciation add on(Drive assure). and Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
Congrats on the vehicle. That must be one roller coaster ride while choosing your vehicle especially because you started off looking for a Vento. Great buy.
What is the covering on the wheels in the pics of your PDI?.

Looking forward to reading your driving impressions!!!
yes it was. Almost looked at every car between 10 and 20 lacs. I Kid you not, But on the day of the delivery, my dad saw the yeti and was like" why didnt we have a look at that??!!". Like the white plastic stickers on the body that is put at the manufacturing plant before shipping, even the wheels were covered with the same thing. even the date of application of the sticker is printed on it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Apologies, yeah thats what i meant. You see the fingers are kindof tuned to type TROUBLE when eyes see skoda . What made you choose DSG, it surely looks awesome , the gear shifter i mean.
Well, What can i say. The DSG is that good. Now that I am driving it in city traffic, manual almost feels obsolete. On the convience front, it is certainly better than the manual transmission. and it terms of fun Its the closest to a manual. Shifts are faster than anything one can pull of in a manual. And the best part there is Very minute compromise on fuel efficency compared to other Auto boxes. Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
Congratulations Goutham! Fantastic car and an even better engine and gearbox. Dont worry too much about the DSG; Its not the 6 speed wet DSG that's ever had any issues to term the lot problematic. I believe the members trying to caution you on the DSG are mistaken between the issues of the 7 Speed 'Dry' box versus what we have here in the Jetta and the Laura. Enjoy your ride!
I guess you are right. The dry clutch comes only in the TSI superb right? I Have a doubt, In drive when you reach a traffic light or in a jam. Do you put it in Neutral or leave it in Drive? and also only recently I discovered that the selector lock does not prevent you from putting it in reverse while on the move? if thats normal why is that? and what were to happen if i had put it in reverse and given some throttle.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Skoda Shield = Insurance from bajaj allianz + 2 years extended warranty(or upto 1 lac Kms.) + 24/7 Road side assistance(not sure if it is for one or two years)

Last edited by goutham_r : 17th January 2012 at 14:23.
Old 15th January 2012, 09:30   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Goutham on you new Laura DSG. The Laura DSG is one helluva of car. Its fast, its reliable, got brilliant ride and handling combo, quality interiors, strong diesel motor, brilliant auto box and to top it off it is super fuel efficient as well!

My personal experience with Vinayak was okayish when I bought the TSI from them in May last year. I was a bit unhappy about their lying to me about missing fog lamps on a batch of cars. I eventually managed to get one with fog lamps. But that was only after I asked them to refund my booking amount. I said I am not buying this car if you can't give me one with fog lamps.

Drive safe and good luck keeping those seats clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
None of the 25+ cars on Team-BHP have broken down even once or is facing any issues.
You are absolutely right about that. The facelifted Laura has proved to be far more reliable than the prev gen Laura and one hardly comes across dissatisfied owners. In fact barring the DSG box on the Superb TSI, I think most of Skoda's offerings in the market today have proved to be pretty trouble free. But you can see how the ghost of past Skoda horror stories comes back to haunt them. It has created a mindset in people's minds that Skoda = trouble. So many people just refuse to look at any Skoda product just for this single reason, no matter how good the product is.
Old 15th January 2012, 09:34   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
The main feature of Skoda shield is 2yrs additional warranty. To be honest, I don't have any personal experience with Skoda shield but I can tell you the general "package" offered by nearly all of the manufacturers that are perceived to be expensive: Extended warranty + road-side assistance + zero-depreciation insurance. This package is typically available for the initial four years and it is recommended for people who do not like surprises.
Old 18th January 2012, 20:44   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Congrats Goutham on you new Laura DSG. The Laura DSG is one helluva of car. Its fast, its reliable, got brilliant ride and handling combo, quality interiors, strong diesel motor, brilliant auto box and to top it off it is super fuel efficient as well!

My personal experience with Vinayak was okayish when I bought the TSI from them in May last year. I was a bit unhappy about their lying to me about missing fog lamps on a batch of cars. I eventually managed to get one with fog lamps. But that was only after I asked them to refund my booking amount. I said I am not buying this car if you can't give me one with fog lamps.

Drive safe and good luck keeping those seats clean .
Thank you. I did mention that to them, as one of the reasons why i wanted to do the PDI Before they do anything with the car. They didn't seem to recall this issue. I had to explain about the fog lamp fiasco.

The seats have begun to stain already. They will be replaced with leather once they get too dirty, which i am guessing will take another two or three months time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks