Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2012, 15:38   #16
BHPian

Re: From Swift to Figo to Vento to finally *Skoda Rapid*!

Hi Jods,
First of all, congrats for the new car. Indeed its a good decision. Rightly said about opting the decision of diesel over petrol. From outside i feel it is a Fabia with a boot, just like the Swift and Dezire.
Also i think you need not to worry about the AC because i have used the Skoda Fabia Elegance in the summers of NCR and it served well for the heat, so going by the experience of Fabia i think you wont be complaining about the AC.
db0009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 17:34   #17
BHPian

Congrats jods. Good pick.

No fun buying a Petrol when going for the Rapid. I almost booked the Sunny (needed the space in the car), when I held back for a TD of the Rapid. Didn't call Nissan back, when I realized that I was going to buy a boat in place of a car!

Though the breakeven is calculated when picking a diesel over the petrol, in case of the Rapid one can take the difference as the premium for a better package rather than an 'alternative' or 'running cost saver'.

Loved the performance and handling - they should replace "Accelaration" with "Launch" in all brochures.

The only problems I see with the Rapid
- the transmission 'hill' - not a true 5-seater, which the caaaaar is - more of an annoyance, this one
- the horror stories of the Skoda A$$
(just saw another on the cover of a local newspaper today - they kept an Octi for 9 months on the pretext of sourcing parts, and when the owner threatened legal action, it was returned with scratches outside and dirty smudges on the interiors. Most striking was the remark from the dealer to the newspaper reporter - When a car stays in the workshop for such a long period, damages like these happen - !!!).
rlakhanpal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 18:28   #18
BHPian

Hi Jods!
congratulations on your lovely new ride
I would never say that rapid is a fabia with a boot! it is a proper notchback. I was also in the same dilemma between vento and Rapid, but finally booked a vento due to the recent refresh (includes leatherette seats, better ICE and steering mounted audio controls). Also my color of choice (Shadow blue) was only available in vento.

Wishing you super happy miles ahead
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 19:16   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlakhanpal View Post
cover of a local newspaper today - they kept an Octi for 9 months on the pretext of sourcing parts
An older model Superb ? After my 8 months at tbhp, 'Skoda' may be a risk one needs to take willingly.
Old 16th March 2012, 23:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by db0009 View Post
Hi Jods,
First of all, congrats for the new car. Indeed its a good decision. Rightly said about opting the decision of diesel over petrol. From outside i feel it is a Fabia with a boot, just like the Swift and Dezire.
Thanks. I wouldn't say that it looks like a Fabia with a boot. It looks like a perfect sedan without the abrupt boxy ending of the Dzire. From the front as well it looks much broader than the Fabia although the design is similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlakhanpal View Post
Congrats jods. Good pick.

The only problems I see with the Rapid
- the transmission 'hill' - not a true 5-seater, which the caaaaar is - more of an annoyance, this one
- the horror stories of the Skoda A$$
(just saw another on the cover of a local newspaper today - they kept an Octi for 9 months on the pretext of sourcing parts, and when the owner threatened legal action, it was returned with scratches outside and dirty smudges on the interiors. Most striking was the remark from the dealer to the newspaper reporter - When a car stays in the workshop for such a long period, damages like these happen - !!!).
Thanks!

If you love to drive then Rapid is the car for you. You just have to be cautious while delivery and pray that you don't face any horror stories later. However, I must say that Skoda is trying to improve its after sales, at least my post booking interactions helped. It is useful to escalate the matter to the Head CRM of your dealer or the parent company. As you are an existing user of Team BHP and are aware of the issues, I guess you would be better equipped to handle any troubles that you might face by properly escalating the issue in time.

Also, if you look at media channels Skoda is suddenly advertising its products a lot more. These days I see Skoda ads in newspapers daily which was not the case before. I guess they are extremely bullish these days and would not want to be caught on the wrong foot. Further, in case they do come up with their city car which would drive volumes, you could see a bigger presence and a positive impact on after sales.

However, said that it might very well give you sleepless nights. So it depends upon your risk appetite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Hi Jods!
congratulations on your lovely new ride
I would never say that rapid is a fabia with a boot! it is a proper notchback. I was also in the same dilemma between vento and Rapid, but finally booked a vento due to the recent refresh (includes leatherette seats, better ICE and steering mounted audio controls). Also my color of choice (Shadow blue) was only available in vento.

Wishing you super happy miles ahead
Thanks! And Congratulations on booking the Vento. The Shadow blue color looks awesome. Vento does have much better interiors and comfort levels but then after the price hikes in Vento it was slowly getting past my extended budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post
An older model Superb ? After my 8 months at tbhp, 'Skoda' may be a risk one needs to take willingly.
Stories like this make me want to pray and strengthen my belief in the almighty lord. Suits me well.
Old 17th March 2012, 00:28   #21
BHPian

Hi Jods, first of all congrats for Rapid. Even I have booked rapid.
Just wanted to know whether audible feebback when locking/unlocking, automatic locking, automatic unlocking when removing ignition key features can be enabled in rapid or not during PDI? Are these features exists in rapid?
Old 19th March 2012, 01:57   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurja View Post
Hi Jods, first of all congrats for Rapid. Even I have booked rapid.
Just wanted to know whether audible feebback when locking/unlocking, automatic locking, automatic unlocking when removing ignition key features can be enabled in rapid or not during PDI? Are these features exists in rapid?
Thanks and Congratulations on booking Rapid. It is a delight to drive!

There is no audible feedback while locking/ unlocking the car. I had asked the salesperson but he said no. However, as this was one of the hidden features of Vento, it would be helpful to do a detailed follow through with the workshop. I haven't done that yet as this issue is way down on my priority list. In case you find a solution, please let me know.

Automatic locking and unlocking are factory enabled features. You need not get them specifically enabled during PDI.

When is your car getting delivered? Has there been a price hike post budget?
jods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 17:39   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Jods, congrats on the car and on a truly funny review. I was smiling as I read through it. Happy driving and wishing you many million miles in this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jods View Post
Thanks. I wouldn't say that it looks like a Fabia with a boot. It looks like a perfect sedan without the abrupt boxy ending of the Dzire. From the front as well it looks much broader than the Fabia although the design is similar.
It's actually NOT a Fabia with a boot. It's a near-complete ripoff of the Vento which makes it a POLO with a boot- and a Skoda logo!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 18:11   #24
Senior - BHPian

The salesperson cant be more wrong. All these can be activated through the VAS machine in the workshop. The vento thread's detail all these along with list of all VAS features available. Most of them are irrelevant but the following features can be activated (In vento it is the highline, not too sure about Rapid though - please check)

- Automatic door lock at 15 kmph
- Door unlock on removal of key from ignition
- Audible lock/unlock using remote
- Rear lid (fuel lid) lock at 5 kmph

These can be activated anytime visting the service center and need to be programmed everytime the battery terminals are disconnected (ECU gets reset too), which usually happens during every service.

Quote:
There is no audible feedback while locking/ unlocking the car. I had asked the salesperson but he said no. However, as this was one of the hidden features of Vento, it would be helpful to do a detailed follow through with the workshop. I haven't done that yet as this issue is way down on my priority list. In case you find a solution, please let me know.

Automatic locking and unlocking are factory enabled features. You need not get them specifically enabled during PDI.

bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 21:48   #25
BHPian

Thanks noopster. Bala80 only the audible feature is not factory enables. Rest all are.

And in other news, the verdict is out and the results are not bad.

1. Mileage as per MFD - 19.8 kmpl

2. Methodology - Tank to tank approach
Kms clocked - 657.5 - Around 400 km on a highway and around 200 km in city traffic sometimes moving slower than a lazy donkey
Fuel consumption - 37.37 l

Mileage - 17.6 kmpl

Cost per km - Rs 2.28.

The car was getting dirty so also bought Jopasu duster, Magic Glove and Magic Wipe. Set me back by Rs 640.
Old 19th March 2012, 22:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Rapid, jods. Enjoy the torque, check the engine oil level periodically as a new engine consumes certain quantity of oil till it's been run-in.

BTW, where did you source the Jopasu products from? The price seems mouth watering.
Old 19th March 2012, 22:26   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Congrats on the Rapid, jods. Enjoy the torque, check the engine oil level periodically as a new engine consumes certain quantity of oil till it's been run-in.

BTW, where did you source the Jopasu products from? The price seems mouth watering.
Thanks for the tip!

I bought the Jopasu products from Reliance in Gurgaon.
Old 20th March 2012, 07:22   #28
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Jods! Very well written review, and an excellent choice. Keep updating the thread with your Rapid experiences

Drive safe!
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2012, 18:35   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks and Congratulations on booking Rapid. It is a delight to drive!

Thanks, may get the car by end of this month. As of now no price hike as per dealer.
Bala- need your assistance here. I am going to remove company ICE with JVC touchscreen DVD receiver. What you suggest AVX646 or 746?
Also I am looking for JBL components in front and co-axial in back.
What will be total indicative price of ICE and speakers?
Thanks in advance.
Sorry Jods for going offtopic.
Old 20th March 2012, 20:54   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurja View Post
Thanks, may get the car by end of this month. As of now no price hike as per dealer.

Sorry Jods for going offtopic.
No problem with going off-topic. Please do try to get a commitment from your dealer, preferably in writing, that the post budget hike would not be passed on to you. If I remember correctly, dealers have committed the same to other bhpians.

Also, if you have the finances ready, you can push for an instant or quick delivery, especially if you are buying from Jai/ Giriraj.

Last edited by jods : 20th March 2012 at 20:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks