Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2012, 13:00   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Silver Pegasus - 2012 Honda City CE - Updated Index & all Accessories Listed

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnarain View Post
Excellent account of ownership. Honestly as I read the initial post, I just didn't want the post to end! Great choice there, both the car and the name. Wishing you many happy miles with Pegasus!

I'm intrigued by the fact that you refer to your car as a 'he'. I have always wondered why most people refer to a car as 'she'.
OT - Because they need a lot of fond love and need to be handled delicately?

Seriously though, I am not exactly sure myself. I think the tradition came down from those times when seamen called their ships in the feminine gender. Same passed on to cars or something. (I read this someplace)

Why I refer to Pegasus as a "he"?

Well, two reasons -

1) I was mighty impressed with it's strong, muscular looks when I laid my eyes on it for the first time.

2) I was craving for a son (still do), and it has taken a son's place in my life. Needless to say, I am very, very attached to him for this reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Couple of things :

1) That battery test is a first for me! Could you elaborate on that please? Pearl Honda, Gurgaon has never done it in 2 years. Is it Honda-specific or dealer-specific?

2) Why didn't you get the engine oil replaced? Plan to do it DIY or not at all - considering the low running.

Hope Pegagus keeps the going smooth!
I think it's dealer-specific. I had no idea they had done it until they handed over the papers to me. A first for me as well - this wasn't done during the last free service, so maybe they have introduced this in the past 3 months. Enquire from your dealer as well.

Engine oil was replaced during my 2nd Free service, when the ODO was at 2800-odd kms. That's why I didn't go for yet another replacement. Running is low so I think I am good for the next 4000-5000 kms till March 2013.

I have a couple of queries as well -

1) I am looking for a good set of wiper blades for Pegasus. The existing stock ones have gone hard and are misting the glass with their sweeps.
Which ones are available? Hella, Bosch, some other?

2) I felt that the tyres are under-inflated if I stuck to the recommended 32 psi (front) and 30 psi (rear) and cause quite a bit of thuds when I go over breakers or potholes, so after a bit of experimentation, I have been going with 34 psi (front) and 32 psi (rear).
I feel the car is perfect with these pressures, and can take the undulations of the rough roads in my city with ease. It hasn't caused any noticeable dip in FE either. I have been using these for the past 3-4 months.
Should I continue with them, or go back to 1-2 psi lower?

Last edited by RavenAvi : 5th October 2012 at 13:01.
Old 5th October 2012, 17:50   #152
Team-BHP Support

re: Silver Pegasus - 2012 Honda City CE - Updated Index & all Accessories Listed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Engine oil was replaced during my 2nd Free service, when the ODO was at 2800-odd kms. That's why I didn't go for yet another replacement. Running is low so I think I am good for the next 4000-5000 kms till March 2013.
But do keep in mind the time interval for change as well; not sure when the 2nd service was. Assuming it was at least 3 months ago, then the interval between oil change would be 1yr. I'm not sure Honda will be mighty pleased.

I have a couple of queries as well -

Quote:
1) I am looking for a good set of wiper blades for Pegasus. The existing stock ones have gone hard and are misting the glass with their sweeps.
Which ones are available? Hella, Bosch, some other?
A lot of times the wiper doesn't clean that well if the wiper blade has loosened at the bolt; check if it has and try tightening that. Might just help.

Else, I'd stick to the Honda OEM but the Bosch ones are tempting! (Reason being - it hardly rains in Gurgaon so wiper are probably used on less that 10 occasions a year. Not worth the premium over OEM)

Quote:
2) I felt that the tyres are under-inflated if I stuck to the recommended 32 psi (front) and 30 psi (rear) and cause quite a bit of thuds when I go over breakers or potholes, so after a bit of experimentation, I have been going with 34 psi (front) and 32 psi (rear).
I feel the car is perfect with these pressures, and can take the undulations of the rough roads in my city with ease. It hasn't caused any noticeable dip in FE either. I have been using these for the past 3-4 months.
Should I continue with them, or go back to 1-2 psi lower?
If you find an improvement in ride quality and no effect on FE, go ahead with 34/32!

Glad you're having such a good time with Pegagus. Safe driving!
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 18:33   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Couple of things :

1) That battery test is a first for me! Could you elaborate on that please? Pearl Honda, Gurgaon has never done it in 2 years. Is it Honda-specific or dealer-specific?
Quote:

I think it's dealer-specific. I had no idea they had done it until they handed over the papers to me. A first for me as well - this wasn't done during the last free service, so maybe they have introduced this in the past 3 months. Enquire from your dealer as well.

The battery check and the print out of the results seems to be a new addition for the service.
This work was done for my car last month during 6 month periodic service and was charged Rs. 30. Worth it.
Regarding oil change as long as the car in under warranty, please stick to 5,000 kM or 6 months whichever is earlier and get this work done with Honda service with Job card.
This is as per Honda's recommendation.
RavenAvi sorry I missed your thread as I did not log on for a long time.
I am glad that my thread was useful to you.
Your experience of Pegasus is very informative and exhaustive.
Habanero City is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 19:23   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But do keep in mind the time interval for change as well; not sure when the 2nd service was. Assuming it was at least 3 months ago, then the interval between oil change would be 1yr. I'm not sure Honda will be mighty pleased.
2nd service was in June, when engine oil was changed. Since then it had run only 1500 kms, so I didn't think it was necessary to change it again. Next service (1st paid one) I will avail in March, so that's 9 months gap. Hopefully I should have a bit of running behind me by then to warrant the change, and Honda shouldn't have any problems either.

Quote:
A lot of times the wiper doesn't clean that well if the wiper blade has loosened at the bolt; check if it has and try tightening that. Might just help.
Will check that. Thanks.

Quote:
Else, I'd stick to the Honda OEM but the Bosch ones are tempting! (Reason being - it hardly rains in Gurgaon so wiper are probably used on less that 10 occasions a year. Not worth the premium over OEM)
We get a lot of rains throughout the year. This year it's been more than the usual, and it's still raining! Everyone is predicting it will continue to rain till Diwali. We won't have autumn in-between - it's rain, rain and more rain and then winter directly!

Wipers have seen extensive use. Plus parking in the sun at office might have contributed to the hardness as well.

Quote:
If you find an improvement in ride quality and no effect on FE, go ahead with 34/32!

Glad you're having such a good time with Pegagus. Safe driving!
Yep, it's smooth and cushion-y, plus there's minimal noise from bumpers/potholes inside the cabin. I am quite happy with 34/32. Thanks for clearing my doubts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
The battery check and the print out of the results seems to be a new addition for the service.
This work was done for my car last month during 6 month periodic service and was charged Rs. 30. Worth it.
I wasn't charged anything. They did it as complimentary.

Quote:
Regarding oil change as long as the car in under warranty, please stick to 5,000 kM or 6 months whichever is earlier and get this work done with Honda service with Job card.
This is as per Honda's recommendation.
Oil Change was done at 2nd service (4 months into ownership) with the ODO reading 2800-odd kms. Now I was at 4300-odd, so didn't feel the need to change it again. Running is pretty low so I am guessing I should be near the 7K-7.5K mark by March 2013 when I will avail the 1st Paid Service, so that should be good to go. The Workshop Manager confirmed it as well and said it was no problem.

Quote:
RavenAvi sorry I missed your thread as I did not log on for a long time.
I am glad that my thread was useful to you.
Your experience of Pegasus is very informative and exhaustive.
No worries, my friend. Your ownership report was excellent in it's detail. Brings back memories, of me staying up through the nights poring through ownership reports of the City, going through each and every detail, when I was going through my car-hunting process. Tiring but happy days.

Thanks for your ownership experience. And thank you for liking my reports so far!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 5th October 2012 at 19:25.
Old 19th October 2012, 16:04   #155
BHPian

Pegasus ! What a lovely name. Good luck, mate !
ajay9252 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2012, 00:30   #156

Congrats RavenAvi. I'm a bit new here and am running into the same problem that most of you faced. I just test drove the Honda city s mt and I just loved every bit of it except for the fact that it doesn't have fog lamps ( no biggie). The rep at pride Honda, Hyderabad said he was going to throw in free insurance and a 15-20k cash discount. Ver vague on eh that cash discount,so I'm not sure if it's good or if there are better offers elsewhere. The OTr price was 9.3L, but said the cars in stock are from May/June 2012. Is it advisable to go for it?
I also td'ed the Vento HL petrol and it's just not in the same class as the city. I have to take wifey along too, but as of now it looks good for Honda rather than vw. What do you suggest guys?
obiwankenobi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2012, 16:51   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay9252 View Post
Pegasus ! What a lovely name. Good luck, mate !
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwankenobi View Post
Congrats RavenAvi. I'm a bit new here and am running into the same problem that most of you faced. I just test drove the Honda city s mt and I just loved every bit of it except for the fact that it doesn't have fog lamps ( no biggie). The rep at pride Honda, Hyderabad said he was going to throw in free insurance and a 15-20k cash discount. Ver vague on eh that cash discount,so I'm not sure if it's good or if there are better offers elsewhere. The OTr price was 9.3L, but said the cars in stock are from May/June 2012. Is it advisable to go for it?
I also td'ed the Vento HL petrol and it's just not in the same class as the city. I have to take wifey along too, but as of now it looks good for Honda rather than vw. What do you suggest guys?
Congrats in advance, obiwankenobi!

After-market fog lamps are available at nice prices, so that shouldn't be a problem (if you really need fog lamps, that is). Upgrade your head lamp bulbs once you take possession and you should be good to go.

Sales of petrol cars (specially Hondas) have been down in recent times so do a bit of haggling to avail some more discounts, if needed pit the dealer against another saying you got a better offer from the 2nd dealer and if they can match it. From what I have read, discounts upto 50K are already on offer for the City. Stretch it a bit more, as much as you can.

Take your cheque book along with you and wave it in front of them to make them weak in the knees a bit more, showing them that you are serious about buying the City. Free Insurance + discounts of about 30-40K should be sweet. Or else you can wait till Diwali to see if there are better offers available. If they don't budge for the cash discount, try to haggle for free stuff - mats, paint protection job, even fog lamps.

To check up on the month/year of make, ask them to provide you with the VIN number of your chosen car(s). Check that with wildon's superb thread on VIN decoding here. See if you can get a newly manufactured car, at least August/September. Check the ODO readings if it's a slightly older car being offered (April/May/June, as in your case). It should not read more than 25-30 kms.

Before delivery, print out the T-BHP PDI Check list from here and make sure most (if not all) points are covered. Only when you are fully satisfied with the VIN decoding and your PDI, go ahead and give them the green signal.

And if given a choice between the petrol Vento and the City, my vote will always go to the latter for the fantastic i-VTEC engine (which gives you the best of both worlds - superb FE and excellent performance) and the hassle-free ownership. The Honda City is the best petrol sedan available in our country right now. Period.

It also helps to get in writing from them about all the discounts/freebies availed, or they might back out on them at the time of delivery. Try to wrangle out the best deal from them.

Hope I was of some help. Do tell us how it goes. All the best!
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2012, 17:24   #158
BHPian

Congrats Raven Sir. Your ownership review is one of my favorite ownership review here on Team-BHP. You have just poured your heart out here and it shows. In fact your review has helped in crystallizing my decision to go for Honda City Corporate Edition (Silver Color). Thank you very much sir.

Quote:
Congrats RavenAvi. but said the cars in stock are from May/June 2012. Is it advisable to go for it?
I think its May/June 2012 make is absolutely OK. Experts can guide more.

Quote:
Honda City is a no brainer choice if comfort, long term reliability and durability coupled with reasonably good A.S.S are your primary requirements.

You can refer to Noopster sir's Vento Petrol review. He is having a Vento Petrol AT. Here is the link:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/95533-my-fr-ulein-arrives-vento-30-000-km-2nd-service-update.html
sarthakgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2012, 17:34   #159

Thanks Avi. I was a bit worried about the May/June time car, but I will try this tactic of pitting them against other dealers and see what the sales person has to offer me. I actually didnt get a sheet with a list of accessories, like the Vento guys gave, which I TD'ed after Honda, so I'll have to go back and bug them anyway. Waiting for Diwali might also be a good idea as the sales guy was talking about a CNG version coming out by end of October. I dont know how true that is, but if it is true, then the petrol version could drop even further.

as of now, my eye is fixed on Honda city, much like Sauron's eye was fixed on Gondor (ignore the Lord of the Rings reference if it doesnt make sense )

I didnt find Vento to be a great car to drive, unlike the Honda, which ooozes premiumness with the beige color (I actually like it!). The seats are just that much more comfortable on the Honda..the steering is much nicer to hold and you know what? basically everything is jsut much better on the Honda than in the Vento. I have the Vento guy coming over again for another TD on Monday, so I'll know if this was just becasue of a bad TD car or if it is like that in general.

--Deekshit
obiwankenobi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 18:33   #160

So - we had another test drive of the new Honda again today. This time along with wifey checking out the car and everything in it, testing out the backseat, air con etc. the Vento guy didnt come home yesterday as planned for the TD, so we were almost fixed on going with the Honda, until wifey stepped out of the car after the TD and said

-- Backseat smelt bad. Is it becasue its a test drive car? or is it just claustrophobic? She was getting a vomiting sensation right from the time she sat in the backseat
-- Air con in the front on the passenger side wasnt effective she said after the TD. Not sure if the vent was closed or what, but I was almost freezing with the aircon set at position 1

so this brings us back into the mix and brings the Vento back into contention. I am totally against the Skoda (A.S.S being pathetic), Ford (unreliable engines) and Hyundai (lack of feedback in steering)

What other options do we have? I dont want to stretch a lot beyond 10L. maybe 10.5 at the most. both these cars can be got at that price.
Old 23rd October 2012, 18:50   #161
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to intrude on ravenAvi's thread but obiwan why dont you have a look at the Linea Tjet? In my view its even better than the Honda City (the only petrol sedan better than Honda City). If Fiat have good enough service in your city then you should at least look at it. It has lots of bells and whistles that the City lacks (and believe me they matter, once you get used to them), better drivability, great Tjet engine, looks etc etc. I guess it might not be a bad idea to at least check it out. if you like it, go for it. If not, nothing lost really.

Sorry to be praising a Fiat on a Honda thread

Last edited by joslicx : 23rd October 2012 at 18:52.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 20:11   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
Congrats Raven Sir. Your ownership review is one of my favorite ownership review here on Team-BHP. You have just poured your heart out here and it shows. In fact your review has helped in crystallizing my decision to go for Honda City Corporate Edition (Silver Color). Thank you very much sir.
You are most welcome. I am glad my passion for the City could be of some help! And please don't call me sir. I am still pretty young!

Quote:
I think its May/June 2012 make is absolutely OK. Experts can guide more.
4th-5th month of existence. If the ODO is fine, car's fine.

Quote:
Honda City is a no brainer choice if comfort, long term reliability and durability coupled with reasonably good A.S.S are your primary requirements.
Ditto. Could not have put it any better.

Quote:
Thanks Avi. I was a bit worried about the May/June time car, but I will try this tactic of pitting them against other dealers and see what the sales person has to offer me. I actually didnt get a sheet with a list of accessories, like the Vento guys gave, which I TD'ed after Honda, so I'll have to go back and bug them anyway. Waiting for Diwali might also be a good idea as the sales guy was talking about a CNG version coming out by end of October. I dont know how true that is, but if it is true, then the petrol version could drop even further.

as of now, my eye is fixed on Honda city, much like Sauron's eye was fixed on Gondor (ignore the Lord of the Rings reference if it doesnt make sense.
Well, the City CNG has been officially launched. It's available in only the V trim, and the price is about 9.03L (ex-showroom, Delhi). You can read all details about it here - http://www.hondacarindia.com/City/index.html

Insist on a list of official accessories for the City and go through them. I think they won't give you one for taking until you actually buy a City, but you can demand to see through it.

Now, waiting for Diwali makes more sense. If the sales pick up then Honda India might want to cash in on the festive season. If not, then big discounts will come up. Either way, if you can stretch your buy till Diwali, I suggest you do so. Vento or City, both models will come with some attractive offers for sure.

Quote:
I didnt find Vento to be a great car to drive, unlike the Honda, which ooozes premiumness with the beige color (I actually like it!). The seats are just that much more comfortable on the Honda..the steering is much nicer to hold and you know what? basically everything is jsut much better on the Honda than in the Vento. I have the Vento guy coming over again for another TD on Monday, so I'll know if this was just becasue of a bad TD car or if it is like that in general.

--Deekshit
The petrol Vento is slightly underpowered, specially in the lower gears. The City has better pull in them, which is specially required within city limits. If your use is mostly inside the city, the City makes more sense. Sample this, I returned from my 3rd Free Service on October 1st. Since then I have driven about 300 kms inside the city, and I am getting an FE of 13.1 kpl, with AC on all the time, and crawling through at speeds of 25-30 kph, mostly in the 2nd and 3rd gears. Says something about the i-VTEC?

Quote:
So - we had another test drive of the new Honda again today. This time along with wifey checking out the car and everything in it, testing out the backseat, air con etc. the Vento guy didnt come home yesterday as planned for the TD, so we were almost fixed on going with the Honda, until wifey stepped out of the car after the TD and said

-- Backseat smelt bad. Is it becasue its a test drive car? or is it just claustrophobic? She was getting a vomiting sensation right from the time she sat in the backseat
-- Air con in the front on the passenger side wasnt effective she said after the TD. Not sure if the vent was closed or what, but I was almost freezing with the aircon set at position 1

so this brings us back into the mix and brings the Vento back into contention. I am totally against the Skoda (A.S.S being pathetic), Ford (unreliable engines) and Hyundai (lack of feedback in steering)

What other options do we have? I dont want to stretch a lot beyond 10L. maybe 10.5 at the most. both these cars can be got at that price.
1 - Maybe it is because of the TD car, and usually TD cars are not maintained that well. Rear AC cons are located under the front seats, and are enabled with the fan direction settings set to "face/legs". Maybe that would have helped dissipate the smell.

2 - The City's AC is a chiller. Barely 5 minutes into use and my wife & Mom insist I shut it off, but I keep it running at a slightly higher optimum temperature which maintains the 25-26 degree atmosphere inside the cabin. Front seat or back, it chills down the cabin in no time. She might not have felt the chill get to her either due to a shut vent, or because the rear AC vents not working.

Don't simply write off the City just because of the AC problems. The car being a TD car, could have some niggles. Try a TD car at another dealer's, or simply borrow a drive from one of your friends who owns a City. Give it a try again. I am sure you and your wife will be impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Sorry to intrude on ravenAvi's thread but obiwan why dont you have a look at the Linea Tjet? In my view its even better than the Honda City (the only petrol sedan better than Honda City). If Fiat have good enough service in your city then you should at least look at it. It has lots of bells and whistles that the City lacks (and believe me they matter, once you get used to them), better drivability, great Tjet engine, looks etc etc. I guess it might not be a bad idea to at least check it out. if you like it, go for it. If not, nothing lost really.

Sorry to be praising a Fiat on a Honda thread
The Linea petrol is a good option, unless you are tall. I felt the Linea lacked space in the driver's seat and I had a bit of trouble adjusting myself fully into it. The City took my 6'1", 95-kg frame quite nicely. It's a superb ride and handles like a gem no doubt, but the Linea's petrol engine is not as frugal as the City's i-VTEC, IMO. And I am hearing that Fiat will be discontinuing the T-Jet soon (hope the rumor is false). Add to all of it, the notorious Fiat A.S.S.

Like joslicx said, if Fiat's A.S.S. is good in your city, you might consider it as an option as well. If not, I suggest you stay away from Fiat for now, until they get their stuff sorted out.

All in all, I suggest you give the City another chance. Rejecting it on the basis of an ineffective AC (which is most probably due to the TD car) would be similar to taking a hurried decision which you might regret later. Insist for a better car to TD, if the Honda dealership is the only one in your town. Tell them about the issues you faced with the TD car, and threaten them that you are getting better offers from other company dealers (like VW, Skoda, Maruti) and you will consider their models if you don't get to spend some time with a car better than your TDed car. If needed, tell them that you have been impressed by the Vento/Linea and will make a final choice only after a fully satisfied TD of the City. That should make them re-think and give you a better TD car, or let you inside one of their fresher showroom models, to check out the car from the inside. Don't write off the City just yet.

All the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjanakpatel View Post
I own Honda city and i think its ac is no that effective. My baleno has a better ac. But apart from it everything else is good.
It's a chiller, doc saab. Till now I have never gone past knob setting "3", as that is chilling enough. Maybe Rajkot is a hotter place than my city, or the 2012 facelift comes with a better AC than the older model.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 23rd October 2012 at 20:22.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 20:18   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi

You are most welcome. I am glad my passion for the City could be of some help! And please don't call me sir. I am still pretty young!

4th-5th month of existence. If the ODO is fine, car's fine.

Ditto. Could not have put it any better.

Well, the City CNG has been officially launched. It's available in only the V trim, and the price is about 9.03L (ex-showroom, Delhi). You can read all details about it here - http://www.hondacarindia.com/City/index.html

Insist on a list of official accessories for the City and go through them. I think they won't give you one for taking until you actually buy a City, but you can demand to see through it.

Now, waiting for Diwali makes more sense. If the sales pick up then Honda India might want to cash in on the festive season. If not, then big discounts will come up. Either way, if you can stretch your buy till Diwali, I suggest you do so. Vento or City, both models will come with some attractive offers for sure.

The petrol Vento is slightly underpowered, specially in the lower gears. The City has better pull in them, which is specially required within city limits. If your use is mostly inside the city, the City makes more sense. Sample this, I returned from my 3rd Free Service on October 1st. Since then I have driven about 300 kms inside the city, and I am getting an FE of 13.1 kpl, with AC on all the time, and crawling through at speeds of 25-30 kph, mostly in the 2nd and 3rd gears. Says something about the i-VTEC?

1 - Maybe it is because of the TD car, and usually TD cars are not maintained that well. Rear AC cons are located under the front seats, and are enabled with the fan direction settings set to "face/legs". Maybe that would have helped dissipate the smell.

2 - The City's AC is a chiller. Barely 5 minutes into use and my wife & Mom insist I shut it off, but I keep it running at a slightly higher optimum temperature which maintains the 25-26 degree atmosphere inside the cabin. Front seat or back, it chills down the cabin in no time. She might not have felt the chill get to her either due to a shut vent, or because the rear AC vents not working.

Don't simply write off the City just because of the AC problems. The car being a TD car, could have some niggles. Try a TD car at another dealer's, or simply borrow a drive from one of your friends who owns a City. Give it a try again. I am sure you and your wife will be impressed.

The Linea petrol is a good option, unless you are tall. I felt the Linea lacked space in the driver's seat and I had a bit of trouble adjusting myself fully into it. The City took my 6'1", 95-kg frame quite nicely. It's a superb ride and handles like a gem no doubt, but the Linea's petrol engine is not as frugal as the City's i-VTEC, IMO. And I am hearing that Fiat will be discontinuing the T-Jet soon (hope the rumor is false). Add to all of it, the notorious Fiat A.S.S.

Like joslicx said, if Fiat's A.S.S. is good in your city, you might consider it as an option as well. If not, I suggest you stay away from Fiat for now, until they get their stuff sorted out.

All in all, I suggest you give the City another chance. Rejecting it on the basis of an ineffective AC (which is most probably due to the TD car) would be like taking a decision which you might regret later. Insist for a better car to TD, if the Honda dealership is the only one in your town. Tell them about the issues you faced with the TD car, and threaten them that you are getting better offers from other company dealers (like VW, Skoda, Maruti) and you will consider their models if you don't get to spend some time with a car better than your TDed car. If needed, tell them that you have been impressed by the Vento/Linea and will make a final choice only after a fully satisfied TD of the City. That should make them re-think and give you a better TD car, or let you inside one of their fresher showroom models, to check out the car from the inside. Don't write off the City just yet.

All the best!
I own Honda city and i think its ac is no that effective. My baleno has a better ac. But apart from it everything else is good.
Old 23rd October 2012, 20:39   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure about presence of rear AC vents in City? I am asking this because just few days back I denied the existence of rear AC vents on the following thread/post:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2939512 while answering @frequentflyer's query. If you can confirm it, I will update my answer to him. Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Quote:
It's a chiller, doc saab. Till now I have never gone past knob setting "3", as that is chilling enough. Maybe Rajkot is a hotter place than my city, or the 2012 facelift comes with a better AC than the older model.
+1. Fully Agree. Even in very hot climate of Indore (which, by itself is a semi arid area) I have been very comfortable, whatever time of the day I drive.

Quote:
All in all, I suggest you give the City another chance. Rejecting it on the basis of an ineffective AC (which is most probably due to the TD car) would be similar to taking a hurried decision which you might regret later.

Don't write off the City just yet.
+1. As sgiitk sir had also said on one of his post while referring to his Civic - You will understand the true value of a Honda over time.

Quote:
Ford (unreliable engines)
Can you please elaborate from where you got this information? AFAIK engine reliability has not been an issue with Ford at all. I think this should not be the reason to discard Ford.

Last edited by sarthakgupta : 23rd October 2012 at 20:58.
sarthakgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 01:33   #165

sarath - a couple of my friends have had numerous problems with their Ford Figos. One of them had to be replaced completely (luckily under some kind of warranty or something) and the other guy had to get it re-bored. All this even before the car "walked" 25k on the odo. i say walked, because of the FE they get in Hyderabad traffic. 9-10kmpl.
now considering that the Fiesta engine is the same as the Figo (detuned etc) unless im mistaken, the same headache could affect me too.

Rear aircon vents under the front seat? sure? I didnt know they existed. Wouldnt that cause the bad smell from the shoes of passengers to circulate faster?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks