Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2012, 18:27   #16
BHPian

Re: Our very own Mini - The Alto K10

Hi prateekswarup this is Ankush , I have been owning an Alto scince 2004 the lxi version and have rear boot opener , power windows and Internally adjustable OVRM . No problems till today . I have a maruti kenwood mp3 no usb music single DIN music system and want to upgrade . What is the cost of your music system from maruti (only music system ) and besides MW and FM does it have Short Wave radio as well ? Great car and troublefree as I cand vouch for it for 7.25 yrs . And you are right no offroad with this one only city roads .
Old 24th March 2012, 07:21   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Congrats for the car. Alloys look hot. Adding tints would enhance the look even more and keep interiors cool. How is the sound output of the music system? IMO, 18k for a basic Nippon unit is little bit on a higher side. Didn't you include EON in your selection list?
Thanks Blow Horn! The 2 DIN system fits like a glove and adds to the overall finish of the interiors in my opinion. Since it was 2 DIN, it cost more - around 8k. Features include SD card / USB / AUX & CD playing capabilities - I guess with respect to current technology, it can play any device apart from Bluetooth pairing. It also has an equalizer. So I thought it was pretty comprehensive - what is your definition of bare bones...?

The rear speakers were significantly expensive. The sound output is great! Obviously, having a subwoofer would increase the quality

The EON is a new launch and I was a bit hesitant in picking up something that has not been tried and tested extensively in the market. I know that Hyundai generally gets it right, but why take the risk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
Hi prateekswarup this is Ankush , I have been owning an Alto scince 2004 the lxi version and have rear boot opener , power windows and Internally adjustable OVRM . No problems till today . I have a maruti kenwood mp3 no usb music single DIN music system and want to upgrade . What is the cost of your music system from maruti (only music system ) and besides MW and FM does it have Short Wave radio as well ? Great car and troublefree as I cand vouch for it for 7.25 yrs . And you are right no offroad with this one only city roads .
Hi Ankush - the unit cost me around 8K - after 10% discount. It does not have a SW capabilities. Does the old alto have a 2 DIN slot?
prateekswarup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2012, 09:18   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekswarup View Post
Obviously, having a subwoofer would increase the quality
For adding a Sub you have to check whether the HU has pre-outs for the amp. Else you need to fix a line converter. OEM's HU's do give a flush look but they are not upgrade friendly IMO. After market HU's are cheaper, upgrade friendly and provide better output. I am sure no one would touch that CD player if the unit has USB/SD slot and very good FM channels like Delhi. Therefore cheaper HU's (2.5-3.5k) without CD slots makes more sense to me. Money saved can be used to buy better speakers and subs.

End of the day what matter most is your satisfaction. If you're satisfied with the set-up nothing else required.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 24th March 2012 at 09:21.
Old 24th March 2012, 15:54   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Blow Horn! The 2 DIN system fits like a glove and adds to the overall finish of the interiors in my opinion. Since it was 2 DIN, it cost more - around 8k. Features include SD card / USB / AUX & CD playing capabilities - I guess with respect to current technology, it can play any device apart from Bluetooth pairing. It also has an equalizer. So I thought it was pretty comprehensive - what is your definition of bare bones...?

The rear speakers were significantly expensive. The sound output is great! Obviously, having a subwoofer would increase the quality

The EON is a new launch and I was a bit hesitant in picking up something that has not been tried and tested extensively in the market. I know that Hyundai generally gets it right, but why take the risk!

Hi Ankush - the unit cost me around 8K - after 10% discount. It does not have a SW capabilities. Does the old alto have a 2 DIN slot?
Thanks and yes all the altos of 04 atleast to 06 have a 2 din slot . I like the oem look hence may want to switch to nippon .
Old 25th March 2012, 21:57   #20
BHPian

Congratulations Prateek on your acquisition of K10. Coincidentally, I too own a sunlight copper K10 since Aug'11 (5555 on the odo) and have fitted with the same Nippon Maruti HU and JBL speakers (Model:949). How well the HU gels well with the interior amber lighting at night like a total OEM unit! Like you said the HU is so comfortably placed that it is so easy to operate while driving. By the way, did you notice the Mahindra's new Xylo comes with the same OEM HU? I guess this HU does have pre-outs for an amp because I remember the guy who fitted me the audio telling so.
Quote:
Accessories added – Rs. 33,400
  • Music System with speakers, antenna @ 10% discount on price – Rs. 18,000
  • Painting for OVRMS & Door Handles to body colour – Rs. 1,100
  • 4 Alloy wheels with tyres & hubcap exchange – Rs. 11,400
  • Art Leather Seat covers – Rs. 2,500
  • 1 set of plastic mats – Rs. 400
This was exactly my accessory list too but due to budget constraint, have shifted some to my wish list. Will eventually be up-sizing tires and doing the body colored painting for door handles and ORVMs. Thanks to you Prateek, I so was trying to picture my K10 with the painting job done (was worried doing it in the service station, there would be subtle differences in the paint color), now I have a clear picture of how it would be like. Will be doing it during the next service visit. Suggest you blacken the B-pillar and the looks will be so great. By the way what is the specification of your upgraded tires? I'm so irritated by the understeer with the stock ones that I'm now planning to upgrade to 175/65 R14 Potenza GIIIs.

Quote:
Missing:
  • Day & Night Mirror - They don't have one for K10 and no other Maruti one fits. This I feel is a must and solely missing
Did you check with the one with Wagon R's? Because I remember reading in the official K10's test-drive's thread that one of the K10 owner has replaced it with the Wagon R's and it goes fine with K10 too. I'm planning to do that too in my next service.

Last edited by vvijay : 25th March 2012 at 22:25. Reason: Typo
Old 25th March 2012, 22:49   #21
BHPian

Congrats for the K10. The alloys impart does raise the oomph quotient of the car. And 20kmpl is simply amazing.
Only grouse with the K10 is the lackluster interiors. I hope they take some clue from the Waggie to improvise.
Utopian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2012, 18:01   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
End of the day what matter most is your satisfaction. If you're satisfied with the set-up nothing else required.
Well, as of now I'm pretty satisfied by the audio output. The HU has the option of a subwoofer fit in. Maybe in the near future.. as end of year bonus comes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
Congratulations Prateek
Did you check with the one with Wagon R's? Because I remember reading in the official K10's test-drive's thread that one of the K10 owner has replaced it with the Wagon R's and it goes fine with K10 too. I'm planning to do that too in my next service.
I asked the service advisor about potential fit ins from Swift and other Maruti. Did not ask specifically for the Wagon R. Will do so in the next visit.

The profile of the tyres has been the same as the OEM. I have just added alloys that give it a broader stance.

Looking forward to your upgrades and pics..

Thanks for all your inputs and suggestions guys. Sun films are definitely around the corner as the Delhi summer is heating up! Maybe next week depending on time. Any good recommendations? I have heard my local guy talk about Garware for Rs. 800.

How good are 3M and VKool? Need only good heat reflection and legal visibility.
Old 29th March 2012, 18:57   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Sun films are definitely around the corner as the Delhi summer is heating up! Maybe next week depending on time. Any good recommendations? I have heard my local guy talk about Garware for Rs. 800.

Hey Prateek,

Check out this thread on VKool sun film installer in Delhi http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...ace-delhi.html

This films mentioned in this thread are what you need. Having said that, VKools can be pretty expensive!. So take your call.

There are separate threads (multiple of them) on sunfilms across Team-bhp. I am providing a link to only one such good thread for your reference.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...n-sunfilm.html

Hope this helps.
naut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2012, 19:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for all your inputs and suggestions guys. Sun films are definitely around the corner as the Delhi summer is heating up! Maybe next week depending on time. Any good recommendations? I have heard my local guy talk about Garware for Rs. 800.

3M and VKool are both the best out there, but are expensive. Make sure that if you are going for these options, you ensure that the product is genuine and original.

Garware is not bad and in terms of value for money makes way more sense. You will not get quite the same quality and heat rejection as the 3M and VKool but not bad at all.

In terms of legal visibility, all of them offer it if you pick the correct shade. No problems there.
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 15:22   #25
BHPian

Moderator note: Please avoid Quoting the entire large post for short replies. Thanks.

Quote:
Disclaimer
Please note that all opinions expressed in this review are of my own and are not intended to harm / malign any brand, vehicle, person. Thanks!
======
Some Clicks with my Phone Camera
Hi Praateek,
I was thinking of replacing my existing dashboard speakers with JBL CS4 but i read in some forums that it doesnt fit well into the Alto K10 dashboard due to its big magnet. Can you tell me was any modification required to fit your CS4 speakers into the K10 dashboard?

Also if you could tell me how the CS4 sounds with the HU as i got the same HU from Maruti as part of the Xplore package.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th May 2014 at 16:55.
Old 24th May 2014, 16:54   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneo View Post
Moderator note: Please avoid Quoting the entire large post for short replies. Thanks.

Hi Praateek,
I was thinking of replacing my existing dashboard speakers with JBL CS4 but i read in some forums that it doesnt fit well into the Alto K10 dashboard due to its big magnet. Can you tell me was any modification required to fit your CS4 speakers into the K10 dashboard?

Also if you could tell me how the CS4 sounds with the HU as i got the same HU from Maruti as part of the Xplore package.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Adneo,

Sorry for the late reply... The CS4 speakers fit into the front areas without any modification. My entire setup was installed by the dealer itself.

The sound quality for the size of the CS4 is decent. At high bass / volume, you will hear the occasional shudder & blaring, but nothing that is a deal breaker. But then again, I am not an audiophile in the strictest sense.

Hope this helps!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks