Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2012, 00:08   #31
BHPian

Thanks dock, will be careful next time.
But the feeling is awesome so will be going again and will ensure a good wash after returning from the beach.
Had been to shinrai Toyota and saw a neatly done fortuner with skirts and drls. It costs 49k
They even had an accessory which could make the bonnet hydraulic, costing Rs 7000.
Loved the skirting, will be getting one very soon.
Attached Images

Old 15th June 2012, 15:58   #32
BHPian

Today completed 4000kms on the fortuner,and no issues at all till date.No rattling sounds inside the cabin.
At the engine oil change should I stick to regular oil or change it to synthetic oil?

Finishing touches for the fortuner!
Live to drive!!
Attached Thumbnails
Wheels of Fortune : 2012 Toyota Fortuner 4x4. First on Team-BHP-forumrunner_20120615_155316.jpg  

Last edited by kedarwalke : 15th June 2012 at 16:05.
kedarwalke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2012, 15:06   #33
BHPian

Re: Wheels of Fortune : 2012 Toyota Fortuner 4x4. First on Team-BHP

Kedar !

your car is awesome ! And that pic of the black Fortuner with skirtings just made me drool ! Is is possible to get some more information on the skirting with drl ? Did you get your white car fitted with white skirts as well ? I'm choosing between a black and a white fortuner. PLease help !
Dieselite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2012, 13:48   #34
BHPian

Hi Kedar,

Could you give an idea about the reverse camera adapter you have used for your Pioneer. Please give me the amount and the place where you procured it from...
Old 25th June 2012, 12:57   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
Kedar !

your car is awesome ! And that pic of the black Fortuner with skirtings just made me drool ! Is is possible to get some more information on the skirting with drl ? Did you get your white car fitted with white skirts as well ? I'm choosing between a black and a white fortuner. PLease help !
Hey,the skirts are drool stuff,but I am concerned on the longevity.The skirts reduce the ground clearance.I plan to do lot of off roading with my fortuner,so I don't think it is practical to put these skirts.They cost a bomb @ 49,000 and the DRLs are of very cheap quality,instead it is better to go in for a TRD kit which Mannuj has installed on his classic fortuner.Go for a white color as it is easy to maintain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post
Hi Kedar,

Could you give an idea about the reverse camera adapter you have used for your Pioneer. Please give me the amount and the place where you procured it from...
Hey Ahmed been following your thread,happy motoring with the M.
I paid around 1500Rs for the adapter from Cartouch in Milan Subway.I have messaged you his mobile number.

Last edited by GTO : 27th June 2012 at 14:12. Reason: Typo
kedarwalke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 20:24   #36
BHPian

Another color i would like to mention is Metallic silky gold. I have it and it really looks majestic. It makes it look more premium and its a light gold. So it is a bright color actually and again easy to maintain and suv looks bigger.
Old 25th June 2012, 23:15   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686
Another color i would like to mention is Metallic silky gold. I have it and it really looks majestic. It makes it look more premium and its a light gold. So it is a bright color actually and again easy to maintain and suv looks bigger.
Yes ethan, I love the color of your ride, looks very classy. Are you done with the first service? Any niggles till today?
Old 26th June 2012, 01:24   #38
BHPian

Yes i am done with the first servicing (which is free). So no oil change. But yes i feel the acceleration is smoother and engine sound has reduced a bit now. It feels more like a sedan which i dont know if its a good thing or bad :P But no niggles yet. Touchwood.
Old 30th July 2012, 13:06   #39
BHPian

I had ben to amby valley on the weekend and was surprised to see the FE figures on the expressway.With sedate driving in 5th gear at 100km/hr and RPM at 2100 the MID was showing 12.5Km/l,After a while I was doing 160-170 km/h for quite some time with high revving,all I achieved was 7.9kmpl.

Finished the second service at 5000kms.Total expenses were nil.
They cleaned the interiors ,exteriors and do the 20 point check of some sort.

All in all very economical and trouble free experience in the Fortuner!!

Last edited by kedarwalke : 30th July 2012 at 13:07.
Old 19th October 2012, 09:40   #40
BHPian

Hi All,

Reading all your enthusiastic posts about Fortuner, finally decided to buy Fortuner . Here in Bangalore, gave an opportunity to both the dealers, Ravindu and Nandi, whoever gives me delivery, will book the car. I was simply amazed at Nandi Toyota, Mansur, the Sales Manager, who I feel made the decision to go with them. Spoke to both, Mansur came back with 10 minutes and said he had a car for me with immediate delivery, which was amazing. He had me picked up yesterday, did all the formalities and finally need to get my DD from the Bank and I would be driving it home.

One small information to all those who look out for loans, like poor souls like me, try Syndicate Bank, they provide 95% of the On Road price, not sure any other Bank does that, which was great, even the Finance guys at Nandi were surprised that such a thing existed, so guys note it and send it others.

I also need help from other owners.

1. Tips on PDI

2. Buying accessories from Dealer

Please help me if these prices are same if bought outside too

a. Side Cladding - 18000

b. Rain protect Visor on Doors - 4500

c. Fender Mirror - 5500

d. V Kool Film - Windshield - 13000 and Side - 10500

Please help out
Rajesh1968 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2012, 14:33   #41
BHPian

Kedarwalki that's one fortuner which made me to think again to consider a fortuner 4x4 . Fantastic photos of your ride , all the best to munch millions of miles on your fortuner .
drbones is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 15:08   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh1968 View Post
Hi All,

Reading all

Please help me if these prices are same if bought outside too

a. Side Cladding - 18000

b. Rain protect Visor on Doors - 4500

c. Fender Mirror - 5500

d. V Kool Film - Windshield - 13000 and Side - 10500

Please help out
Hey congrats on the wise decision.Regarding accessories, do not buy the fender mirror,its an absolutely unwanted accessory.It is of no practical use.Just adds to the muscular styling.
The rain visor of same quality is available for 2000 rs locally.
I personally did not like the claddings,but if you want it get it done from showroom.
Old 23rd October 2012, 19:08   #43
BHPian

A quick update on 10,000kms service :
Engine Oil changed
Oil filter replaced
Door rattles checked and rectified
General check up of the vehicle done

Car was given for service at 10.30 am and it was ready at 3.00pm.Very professional approach and great hospitality by Lakozy toyota Malad.

Total cost of the above is Rs 2515=00
I remember I paid 15k for the first so called free service of my Skoda superb.
Service.

Running costs are shockingly low in this beast.Love it to the T.

Also I installed these gas struts shocks for the bonnet.They costed 3500Rs for a pair from local accessory store.Now just a gentle push and the heavy bonnet is lifted effortlessly.No holes were made in the bay.Its a direct fit.

Wheels of Fortune : 2012 Toyota Fortuner 4x4. First on Team-BHP-20121023_163637.jpg

Wheels of Fortune : 2012 Toyota Fortuner 4x4. First on Team-BHP-20121023_163629.jpg

I installed 4300K HID in the front fog lamps and they are just wow.They don't blind the oncoming traffic and moreover the stock lamps were a joke.

Let me introduce you to the new babe in our stable,
Preowned Civic 2008 V AT
Wheels of Fortune : 2012 Toyota Fortuner 4x4. First on Team-BHP-20120917_181556.jpg

Wheels of Fortune : 2012 Toyota Fortuner 4x4. First on Team-BHP-20121002_210133.jpg

It was owned by a close friend and sparingly used,will put the ownership thread soon.
kedarwalke is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 09:33   #44
BHPian

Finally got the T Fort home on Friday afternoon, feels amazing with more space than my Scorpio, with all sorts of gadgetry/ gizmos looks nice. The only disappointing , personally was the thin steering, it is not Chunky like my Scorpio, they did not have a steering grip to be fixed on, anyways getting used to it.

My Experience at Nandi Toyota was extremely satisfying, there was not a moment of animosity or delay. They were ready for delivery at 2.30 pm ,as I had specifically asked for it, except the number plate as RTO took time to pervious holidays, they even promised to come home to fit. My contacts who made me happy were Mr. Mansur, the Sales Manager, Mr. Althaf, Sales Exec. and Mr. Shibu, the service incharge. I also had one of our fellow Team BHPian asking for details, which I did give and was pleasant to know that he has also booked the T FORT.

I zeroed on Future Generali Insurance, was informed by the Advisor ( Sudhish - +91 9900032082) that they have cashless arrangement with all TOYOTA dealers in Bangalore, have had no issues till date, so went with them, it worked out 20K less than the dealer, surprise of surprises, there was no resistance from the dealer, maybe they know about it.
Rajesh1968 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 13:27   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh1968 View Post
Finally got the T Fort home on Friday afternoon, feels amazing with more space than my Scorpio, with all sorts of gadgetry/ gizmos looks nice. The only disappointing , personally was the thin steering, it is not Chunky like my Scorpio, they did not have a steering grip to be fixed on, anywaler, surprise of surprises, there was no resistance from the dealer, maybe they know about it.
Congrats Rajesh for a wonderful purchase!
Time to update your signature.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks