Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2012, 10:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: India to USA : Boss II to Boss III! My Ford Explorer

Congratulations getsurya! That sure is a stunner of a beast.
Looks like quite a few BHPians are moving stateside this year!!
Old 20th April 2012, 11:27   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Srikanth !!!

That's the most logical upgrade to your BOSS and nice to see you even stuck to the same color.

Looks massive and powerful and definetly something those huge trailers cannot shoo away

Going by your Scorpio's maintenance i am sure this will also continue to gleam through entire ownership experience

Congrats again and enjoy this beast...errr beauty !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
How much did it cost you? Any updates on FE, Performance and features?Thanks
He mentioned already. $48K and average can be seen in one of the pictures. 13.5 MPG which is dangerously low considering the gas prices are hovering around $4mpg
Old 20th April 2012, 14:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Srikanth on the BOSS-III.

I like the looks of the truck but somehow the bling chrome alloys may be slightly over the top for my taste. Also wanted to how how does it feel driving a large Petrol V6 in truck? How is the low speed performance? Any snow/slush usage till now where you had to engage 4WD?

Look forward to more drive reports.

Cheers
Old 20th April 2012, 19:53   #19
BHPian

Congrats for the mighty Ford. Pure American, I must say with the butch styling. I liked the instrument console styling.
The FE is quite low. You must be freeing it up too often, perhaps.
Old 20th April 2012, 19:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

QUOTE]
Hey Surya,

hearty congratulations on acquiring Ford explorer. It looks marvelous in Black. Wish you many more happy miles on it.

Could you please share the details of the buying experience ( deals, offers etc). It would be helpful for the people in north america evaluating their buying options

[/quote]

Hi Ravikn, Thanks for your wishes. I have mentioned in my edited thread about all the details. Hope you find them worth reading!

Quote:
Congratulations on the super purchase. I love Explorer a lot. Its a great buy. How was your buying experience? How much did it cost you? Any updates on FE, Performance and features?
Hi Chevelle, thank you for your wishes! Hope you already found the information you are looking for in the thread.

Quote:
Congrats Surya, make it two counts. The monstrous Explorer is leagues ahead in-comparo to our desi Scorp, look at those interiors plush and neat. Has all the bells and whistles in terms of safety too, damn the 20 inchers also look small for this.

Missing the Scorpio, I cant buy that LOL.
Hi Rjstyles, thank you for your wishes. BOSS III is no doubt way ahead of BOSS II, however would always miss all my association right from the first Blue BSA SLR I had in my school days. Scorpio- No exception!

Quote:
Do write few words about the driving experience of this beast.

The temple in the 5th pic is it somewhere at California ?
Hi 2500CC, appreciate your kind words. The updated thread should give much more information than my original post. The temple is Hindu Temple of Iowa, Madrid and therefore midwest not West coast.

Quote:
Woah! That looks humongous! Awesome road presence and the interiors do not disappoint either
Hi Ravan, Thank you for your words. It looks mighty! Am planning to drive around exhaustively in this beast as I settle in here and that is yet another reason to go for this SUV.

Quote:
I have two words: "Simply Awesome"

Thanks for the beautiful pics, and congrats! Do keep us posted with updates.

The intimidating looks of the front grill and the black shine on the exterior are mind-boggling.

By the way, the temple looks a lot like the one in Livermore, CA.
Hi Venu sir, how are you? good to see your note and thank you for your wishes. The temple is Hindu temple of Iowa, Madrid.

Quote:
Hey Surya,

Congratulations on the beautiful beast (if there is something worth calling a BB then this is it).

Please update us on the drive characteristics and living with this fab looking SUV.

Drive safe.
Hi Cyborg, thanks for your wishes and I shall keep this thread live with some timely feed.

Quote:
Congrats on the purchase Surya. Looks awesome and if Ford had launched this in India at the right price in place of the ageing Endy, things would have been waaay different.

Can you share the technical specifications of the beast you purchased please?
Hi ndevdath, thanks for your wishes. I have shared the tech specs in the updated original thread. If you are looking for anything more, kindly let me know. I agree that Ford can launch at least the Expedition(thier compact SUV) in India and I am sure it will do well for our market.

Quote:
Congrats on the Explorer, and welcome to the Ford family. It is a handsome vehicle.

Your MPG is in line with what most others are getting. Feel blessed if you get more than what you are getting right now.

As for the horn, you probably won't need it ever. I have used mine twice in 15 years here

I notice you performed the typically desi "lemoncrush-under-the-wheels" ceremony with your vehicle btw, is Rajgopalan - the priest - still around at the temple at Madrid?
Hi Ninadjoshi, Thanks for your wishes and was a Ford Indian customer who migrated to US with them. MPG- my daily drive is a bad parameter to really guage the FE as it is too short a drive. US or India, I shall keep to my traditions which are attached to all my cars owned by me and hence part of it was the lemon crushing event. I guess there are two pujari's now, I am yet to know thier names(one is sure a tamilian and the other is a kashmiri pandit).

Quote:
Congratulations getsurya! That sure is a stunner of a beast.
Looks like quite a few BHPians are moving stateside this year!!
Thanks Amitoj for your wishes. One of my motivator to move to US for the short 2-3 year stint is the cars!!

Quote:
Congrats Srikanth !!!

That's the most logical upgrade to your BOSS and nice to see you even stuck to the same color.

Looks massive and powerful and definetly something those huge trailers cannot shoo away

Going by your Scorpio's maintenance i am sure this will also continue to gleam through entire ownership experience

Congrats again and enjoy this beast...errr beauty !!!
Hi Avi, good and happy to see your note. We all love our cars-don't we? so the BOSS III was a line addition to our love! Miss Hyd for sure!

Quote:
Congrats Srikanth on the BOSS-III.

I like the looks of the truck but somehow the bling chrome alloys may be slightly over the top for my taste. Also wanted to how how does it feel driving a large Petrol V6 in truck? How is the low speed performance? Any snow/slush usage till now where you had to engage 4WD?

Look forward to more drive reports.
Hi Ani, Many thanks for your wishes yaar! The car can be customized to what we like and I did not have much choice with the wheels as any changes meant I had to drive my rental(a VW-TIGUAN) for one more month, which I was not ready! So some compromises like polished wheels, option package of 301A, instead of 302 etc were made along!
I will try to keep this thread live with frequent photos and updates!

Enjoy reading!

Last edited by getsurya : 20th April 2012 at 20:03.
Old 20th April 2012, 21:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

He mentioned already. $48K and average can be seen in one of the pictures. 13.5 MPG which is dangerously low considering the gas prices are hovering around $4mpg
Thanks, i somehow missed it. I wanted to know how much he got with the traditional style. The full tank procedure till auto cut off. I am sure it will be a little bit more than what's on the screen. For a v6 and this mammoth, 15 mpg is good enough i guess.
Old 20th April 2012, 21:08   #22
BHPian

Love this pic,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...rns-bossii.jpg

Great car, and love it being called Dewey
Old 20th April 2012, 23:02   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Great car, and love it being called Dewey
Hi Neo, Many thanks. I too liked that picture, this is one idol which is being carried over from last 3 cars of mine.

Dewey- was the Ford dealer and not my car's name. Car is BOSS III!
Old 21st April 2012, 00:21   #24
BHPian

I still remember your black Scorpio and the way it was maintained. Congratulations on the explorer and wish you happy miles on it.

I remember seeing multiple aux lamps on your Scorpio. Why are they missing on the explorer
Old 21st April 2012, 01:30   #25
BHPian

Congratulations on your new buy.. It is one hell of an SUV.. Amazing Headlights. The huge bumper gives it a frightening look.. Very Decent. I hope Ford gets it to India..
Old 23rd April 2012, 20:41   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I still remember your black Scorpio and the way it was maintained. Congratulations on the explorer and wish you happy miles on it.

I remember seeing multiple aux lamps on your Scorpio. Why are they missing on the explorer
Hi kingofmyworld, Good to see your note and thank you for your wishes. The aux lamps are missing on the explorer as US has a more strict warranty void policy for any accessories. Appreciate your eye for detail

Quote:
Congratulations on your new buy.. It is one hell of an SUV.. Amazing Headlights. The huge bumper gives it a frightening look.. Very Decent. I hope Ford gets it to India..
Thanks Arrowaby! The HL are quite powerful and well spread as well. I too hope Ford gets such models to India, however by the time the taxation hits the costs, the price point becomes unattractive!
Old 24th April 2012, 10:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Surya on this truck, though I am not knowldgeble with the SUVs being sold in US nor the selling price, just wanted to know apart from the MB you did not consider other brands such as GMC or Lincon?

Also that tail side is huge literally, just wondering hows the visibility while driving or reversing, apart from the sensors didnt see a camera in the pictures.
Old 24th April 2012, 20:52   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi kingofmyworld, Good to see your note and thank you for your wishes. The aux lamps are missing on the explorer as US has a more strict warranty void policy for any accessories. Appreciate your eye for detail

So do you mean to say that FORD US is not that customer friendly as Mahindra India
Old 25th April 2012, 01:46   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Surya on this truck, though I am not knowldgeble with the SUVs being sold in US nor the selling price, just wanted to know apart from the MB you did not consider other brands such as GMC or Lincon?

Also that tail side is huge literally, just wondering hows the visibility while driving or reversing, apart from the sensors didnt see a camera in the pictures.

There is a reverse camera integrated on top of the license plate area which helps with the images when reversing coupled with sensors as well.

Quote:
So do you mean to say that FORD US is not that customer friendly as Mahindra India
Hi Ani, absolutely! M & M is more customer friendly for sure! Also, the flexibility options are much better and practical with M & M than Ford-USA
Old 25th April 2012, 02:03   #30
BHPian

Congrats on the Explorer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
QUOTE]
I agree that Ford can launch at least the Expedition(thier compact SUV) in India and I am sure it will do well for our market.
Expedition is their full size offering. I guess you meant Escape.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks