Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2013, 21:24   #61
BHPian

Re: The Dark Knight : Mercedes-Benz C250 CDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Nope I went aftermarket. Dealer recommended a person though.
Makes your display a touch screen one to navigate the maps. Also
gives you the option of a rearview cam.
Resolution is above average but no where near oe standards.
Rear view cam is handy as mercs dont have the graphical park assist
display in their screens.

Attachment 1149104

Attachment 1149105

Attachment 1149106
Mate, can you please pm me the details ? Thanks in advance.
Old 15th October 2013, 19:25   #62
GRV
BHPian

Dear Moderator:
Please allow me to ask maintenance related question in this thread on C class as i can not find C class owners in maintenance related forum, with your permission

Hi

My c class is now 1 year old. Got first service done. The service person said that i should get teflon coating done (8000/- plus) as the car will lose its colour and sheen (mine is white colour). He suggested that if not teflon I should go for rubbing and polish even at any good garage

My question is : Does the paint work really requires teflon coating / rubbing polish etc. just in 12 months ? i guess companies like Merc / BMW etc. would use highly advance technology for paint work and it should not require any coating / rubbing polish so early ?

Have you done this teflon / rubbing polish only to maintain the paint work (currently there is no obvious change in paint surface of my car)

Regards
GRV
Old 15th October 2013, 19:51   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRV View Post
Dear Moderator:
Please allow me to ask maintenance related question in this thread on C class as i can not find C class owners in maintenance related forum, with your permission

Hi

My c class is now 1 year old. Got first service done. The service person said that i should get teflon coating done (8000/- plus) as the car will lose its colour and sheen (mine is white colour). He suggested that if not teflon I should go for rubbing and polish even at any good garage

My question is : Does the paint work really requires teflon coating / rubbing polish etc. just in 12 months ? i guess companies like Merc / BMW etc. would use highly advance technology for paint work and it should not require any coating / rubbing polish so early ?

Have you done this teflon / rubbing polish only to maintain the paint work (currently there is no obvious change in paint surface of my car)

Regards
GRV
Sir,
May I request you to kindly search the forum for teflon coating gimmick. There is an entire thread dedicated to this and there is ample of information in other threads too.

The general agreement on the forum is that the teflon coating is a thorough waste of money. Rubbing/polishing might be required a few years down the line because of oxidation of top layer. The best for maintenance/ preventive-maintenance would be to get your car waxed and treated with paint sealant periodically. You might want to go for a polish-wax session if your car is covered with light superficial scratches common on cars being washed by the daily washing guy esp in the societies/colonies.

This paint thingy is not very particular to Mercedes/BMW. They might be using a wee bit better paint, but as far as I know, nothing exceptionally exceptional with that.

Regards
Old 19th March 2019, 19:43   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Nope I went aftermarket. Dealer recommended a person though.
Makes your display a touch screen one to navigate the maps. Also
gives you the option of a rearview cam.
Resolution is above average but no where near oe standards.
Rear view cam is handy as mercs dont have the graphical park assist
display in their screens.

Attachment 1149104

Attachment 1149105

Attachment 1149106
Hello

I know its only a few years down the memory lane , but would really appreciate if you could share the relevant details as I am keen on getting this installed in my c class 250 CDI with parking sensors

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks