Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2012, 20:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Swift ZDi – Torque Blue – 1st Service

@Clix
Congratulations on the blue torque. The colour looks royal on the car. How does the car handle on the curves and on straight runs.

I wouldn't agree with Pedaltothefloor and suggest you go for the underbody anti rust treatment. The coating truly saves the car on the longer run and its not a sales gimmick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
I'd don't recommend it. It's a sales gimmick and we've had cars for decades without any rust treatments.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2012, 21:27   #17
BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift ZDi – Torque Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishnuNarayanan View Post
Congrats on your Swift ZDi CLIX !
Swift looks good in torque blue ! I feel the alloys that comes with ZDi matches the most with this color.
Nice pics !
Drive Safe.
Thanks VishnuNarayanan! Yeah ... the OEM alloys look pretty good. Mugambo Khush Hua !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Clix
Congratulations on the blue torque. The colour looks royal on the car. How does the car handle on the curves and on straight runs.

I wouldn't agree with Pedaltothefloor and suggest you go for the underbody anti rust treatment. The coating truly saves the car on the longer run and its not a sales gimmick.
Thanks ghodlur: I did some high speed runs touched 120kmph - rock solid as long as the road is fairly good. Braking too was good (ZDi). What I liked was even at 100-110 a slight nudge of the gas pedal unleashes a few more "horses"! Exhilarating!

Thx for the inputs on the under-body treatment.
Old 25th September 2012, 13:31   #18
BHPian

Swift ZDi (2012) - fuel pump noise ??

Hi,

After a 7 hour trip in my Swift ZDi, as I was about to park in the garage I noticed a new noise that I had not heard before. It sounded like the fuel pump but not the smooth "whine" we all know, but more like a battery operated toy motor kind of noise - did not sound that smooth - could hear more play in the rotor - if you know what I mean. Also an added "Shhhh... " component to the noise. So I switched off the engine. Then turned the ignition key back to the "electricals & Status lights" position, (just before the "crank" position). This is the position when we should hear the fuel pump whining. But the new noise was there: Engine not yet started.

Any idea what this might be?

Now the worst part - today morning I do not hear that noise when I started the cold engine. Not too evident after about 15 minutes of running either.

I have sent my car for a check up. The service person called to say the ECM has not recorded any anomaly, and they do not hear anything amiss. Said it might be the catalytic converter making the noise in a heated state (after 7 hrs of running). But that noise should have come on only when the engine is ON! (Right?)

I can see the service folks going "... he's the one who hears noises.... " , the next time I visit them!

Pointers pease! I'm worried as hell about the next long journey!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by CLIX : 25th September 2012 at 13:34.
Old 25th September 2012, 14:28   #19
BHPian

Re: Swift ZDi (2012) - fuel pump noise ??

I hear that noise in my Rits VDI the moment I turn on the ignition even before I start the engine. I park in a closed garage and it is very much audible. Assuming it is from the fuel pump, I fear if I sit in the car for longer hours keeping the ignition key on, will it burn the pump with the engine not running ?

I have sat waiting for my wife who goes grocery shopping while I keep the ignition on for the blower to remain on. Not seen any adverse effects yet. Any inputs if this practice is safe for DDiS ?
Old 25th September 2012, 15:04   #20
BHPian

well that noise do comes and if you wait for 2 mins in ignition on position without starting the car , then that noise will get shutdown on its own . Dont worry there is no problem at all , it comes from bottom of the car last i heard .
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 15:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
I fear if I sit in the car for longer hours keeping the ignition key on, will it burn the pump with the engine not running ?
No need to worry, fuel pump will cut off after some time called 'priming time'. The main reason for the fuel pump to run when we switch on the ignition, is to make sure there is enough pressure in the fuel line at the time of cranking.
Quote:
I have sat waiting for my wife who goes grocery shopping while I keep the ignition on for the blower to remain on. Not seen any adverse effects yet. Any inputs if this practice is safe for DDiS ?
Not a good practice, it will put more load on the battery. No immediate adverse effects but your battery life will surely take a hit.
Old 25th September 2012, 15:37   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
well that noise do comes and if you wait for 2 mins in ignition on position without starting the car , then that noise will get shutdown on its own . Dont worry there is no problem at all , it comes from bottom of the car last i heard .
I agree - there is nothing unusual in the fuel pump noise. My concern was - this noise was pretty rough, unlike the smooth whine we all know.
Old 26th May 2013, 20:42   #23
BHPian

Nice review sir.

We have booked our first car - a blue swift ZXI. Seems like it'll take a month for delivery and i'm sure it'll be the longest days of my life It seems dealers have a ready swift ZXI model in blue but was manufactured in Aug 2012. And, one more in silver manufactured in dec 2012. Do you think i should rather take the ready blue or silver and cut-off my waiting period? The thing i'm mainly worried about is, since the car has been stagnated for nearly 5-6 months now, will the engine be in good condition? are there any chances that the performance or the mileage of such a car will take a hit? or should i wait for a month and get a new one?

and, another query

they also have a ready ZDI in silver colour. I'm not much into the colours, so they don't matter much for me. I'm the only one who can drive in my home and since i'm a coll. student, the car will mainly be used only during the weekends that too only for 10 kms max. No problem in paying the extra 30k for the diesel (and i love the diesel more for the turbo in it) but, if a diesel car is used not-so-frequently, won't it affect the engine? People at the showroom said "new technology saar, MPFI saar, DDIS saar even after one month it'll start in the first twist of the key itself..." and stuff. Is this true? can a diesel be stagnated for so long (a week)?

Please reply sir
thank you
Old 27th May 2013, 21:39   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik51094 View Post
Nice review sir.

they also have a ready ZDI in silver colour. I'm not much into the colours, so they don't matter much for me. I'm the only one who can drive in my home and since i'm a coll. student, the car will mainly be used only during the weekends that too only for 10 kms max. No problem in paying the extra 30k for the diesel (and i love the diesel more for the turbo in it) but, if a diesel car is used not-so-frequently, won't it affect the engine? People at the showroom said "new technology saar, MPFI saar, DDIS saar even after one month it'll start in the first twist of the key itself..." and stuff. Is this true? can a diesel be stagnated for so long (a week)?

Please reply sir
thank you
Absolutely no issues as long as the car runs every weekend. These new gen diesels aren't like Ambassador/Padmini's of the 90's even if you don't run the car for 3 weeks (max I've tried) she'll start in the very first crank.
If the premium is only 30k and you like the diesel more, go in for it. Its far more FTD than the petrol is.
Good Luck!
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 22:13   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations. The car looks stunning to say the least. I have a 75 Thousand Km Run White Swift Diesel which is 4.5 years old and guess what, I am going to buy another one in some months that ll be a ZDI with white again. WHAT A CAR MAN. It makes you not want to look anywhere else once u get hooked to it.

Keep updating the thread as kilometers pass.
Old 28th May 2013, 07:38   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Absolutely no issues as long as the car runs every weekend. These new gen diesels aren't like Ambassador/Padmini's of the 90's even if you don't run the car for 3 weeks (max I've tried) she'll start in the very first crank.
If the premium is only 30k and you like the diesel more, go in for it. Its far more FTD than the petrol is.
Good Luck!
Good to hear that. So, they weren't lying. But, my grandpa has just paid 10k for a blue ZXI. He wants the blue colour only and i have started to like the colour more than any other colour that swift comes in One month for delivery and looks like, it's gonna be a long wait Anyways, thanks a ton for your reply.

Most Viewed