Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2012, 07:22   #16
BHPian

Re: My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance

Many congratulations iTNerd. IMO Yeti is a great allrounder and aperfect car for our citities.
Do post more pics of the beauty.
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 09:17   #17
BHPian

Congratulations iTNerd! Good choice and trust me you are going to have a blast....oh and you are single

Yes to become an yetian one has to be a little quirk/arty/out of the box...whatever you want to be called, i was speaking to shankar about the kind of people who choose Yeti. Glad you choose . wishing you many many miles of safe driving.

I have a question,you said the vehicle was 2011 mfd but put together in Aurangabad in May2012.how did you find its may 2012? is it from the sticker stuck on the bonnet when you go for PDI?
i got my VIN it says August 2011 but don't know the assembly month in india.

Btw my alloted yeti has reached bangalore but my loan is yet to be approved (some strange NRI issue). Hope it come through today else I am going to be devastated.

cheers mate
twinoctober is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 11:03   #18
BHPian

Congratulations iTNerd!
The Yeti is on my wish list for quite some time. My father in law has the exact same color Yeti. It is a treat to drive and I fall in love with it every single time I get an opportunity to drive it.

Drive Safe!
Racer_X is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 12:07   #19
BHPian

Congratulations itNerd !

Awesome car and one thats been on my radar for quite some time (unfortunately my radar range is higher than my financials !) . By any chance, are you aware whether the same discount levels are applicable on 4x2 Active and Ambition as well ?
Old 11th July 2012, 14:02   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Congratulations itNerd !

Awesome car and one thats been on my radar for quite some time (unfortunately my radar range is higher than my financials !) . By any chance, are you aware whether the same discount levels are applicable on 4x2 Active and Ambition as well ?
There are decent discounts ongoing for the other variants as well, though not as high as on the highest variant. I suggest, get hold of the sales manager who was the point of contact for ITNerd and go with him to the showroom. You never know the kind of deal you might be able to haggle out.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 15:49   #21
BHPian

Congrats IT Nerd. Good to see another Yeti in Blue...mine's blue too, but the Ambinente version. The car is just perfect for our roads.
contessa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 22:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Today, I tried the 6 CD changers with some Pink Floyd audio CDs I bought. Never had used 6 CDs changer before, so was kinda thrilled inserting multiple discs. I also discover that the headlight switch or knob can be pushed up or down to have both the fog and headlights, and rear fog on at the same time. Another observation was the TCS button. If I pressed it and release it quickly, it does not do anything. I thought the TCS button was not working at all. However, today, I pressed for few seconds longer and release, and in the MaxiDot MFD, it displays as Anti Slip Regulation (ASR) on or off accordingly. So I learnt the trick to the the TCS button is to keep on pressing longer to activate/deactivate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinoctober View Post
Congratulations iTNerd! Good choice and trust me you are going to have a blast....oh and you are single

I have a question,you said the vehicle was 2011 mfd but put together in Aurangabad in May2012.how did you find its may 2012? is it from the sticker stuck on the bonnet when you go for PDI?
i got my VIN it says August 2011 but don't know the assembly month in india.
Thanks mate! All the very best with your Yeti delivery process. Yeah, it was written in the bonnet. Here are few pictures I got out from my Blackberry from the stockyard.

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-t_img2012062801203.jpg

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-timg2012062801204.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Congratulations itNerd !

Thanks. I don't think the discount margin would be that high for 4x2 variant. However, it won't hurt asking for more (I did, and eventually got upto 2.25L discount). Let me know if you need the contact number of the salesman/dealer I bought the car from.

Last edited by iTNerd : 11th July 2012 at 22:20.
Old 11th July 2012, 22:13   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on the acquisition. Nice step by step evaluation of buying process.
Old 11th July 2012, 22:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Congratulations on the acquisition. Nice step by step evaluation of buying process.
Thank you Sir! I had been frequently gluing to your various travelogues and trips with your GV. Must say, they were so fun filled and adventurous, so much so, it has been an inspiration on me to get a 4x4. Just waiting for the run-in period to get over so that I can take it to its natural habitat
Old 11th July 2012, 23:06   #25
BHPian

@iTNerd, I didnt know the sticker on the bonnet is the date of assembly in india.Are you sure?
I am under the impression its the date when the white plastic sheet is applied before transportation. In that case my yeti sticker says June 2012.

"I also discover that the headlight switch or knob can be pushed up or down to have both the fog and headlights, and rear fog on at the same time."

Hi did you realise that there is only one rear fog light. Well the TD car had only one to my observation. Can you verify?

Last edited by Technocrat : 13th July 2012 at 02:38. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread. Thanks.
Old 12th July 2012, 12:29   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinoctober View Post
"I also discover that the headlight switch or knob can be pushed up or down to have both the fog and headlights, and rear fog on at the same time."

Hi did you realise that there is only one rear fog light. Well the TD car had only one to my observation. Can you verify?
Yup, it has only one rear foglight - this is as per the design. What you will be surprised to know that physically there is a second foglight also integrated in the rear taillamp unit too on the left side, but it is not activated (can be done thru VCDS, though haven't done it on mine). IN RHD countries, by default only right rear foglight is active, while in LHD countries, it is the left rear foglight.
Thankfully our Yetis have two reverse lights, unlike many other cars we see nowadays, which have only one and that too on the wrong side, because they were never adapted when they were changed from a LHD design to a RHD design!

The Yeti also carries over some quirks of this transition, including the reversed indicator and wiper stalks!

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 13th July 2012, 15:42   #27
Senior - BHPian

Today, I tried to put the 2 basket nets that came with the car. However, after 30 mins of trial, I was unable to figure out how to install them and gave up. Have any Yetian put up the nets? Any illustration would be helpful!
Old 13th July 2012, 16:11   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Today, I tried to put the 2 basket nets that came with the car. However, after 30 mins of trial, I was unable to figure out how to install them and gave up. Have any Yetian put up the nets? Any illustration would be helpful!
Hi ITNerd,

These few pages from the Yeti Owner's manual will help you with the net installation. Do read the Owner's manual when you get the time - it has tons of information on the Yeti and how to use it fully!
SkodaYetiNets.pdf

(Some of the fastening points are in the spare wheel/ storage compartment.)
Here's a photo courtesy Briskoda (from TP). Briskoda is good source of info for all Skoda's and there is a specific Yeti forum there too.

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-yeti-nets.jpg

Though I just noticed that this is not the correct installation of the nets! The loops are not supposed to be on the hooks, but on the grooves in the plastic rails ! The Hooks are for hanging other stuff.

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 13th July 2012 at 16:20.
Old 16th July 2012, 13:19   #29
Senior - BHPian

So today was cleaning day for the BEAST and the BEAUTY. I took the opportunity to take some pictures before the dust settles in.

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-_dsc0206.jpg

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-_dsc0219.jpg

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-_dsc0250.jpg

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-_dsc0282.jpg

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-_dsc0314.jpg

Can anyone tell me what is the purpose of this hook in the rear passenger compartment - one with the red circled?

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-t_dsc0248.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi ITNerd,

These few pages from the Yeti Owner's manual will help you with the net installation. Do read the Owner's manual when you get the time - it has tons of information on the Yeti and how to use it fully!

Regards,
Behemoth
Thanks! Will do

Last edited by iTNerd : 16th July 2012 at 13:22.
iTNerd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 16:20   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post

Can anyone tell me what is the purpose of this hook in the rear passenger compartment - one with the red circled?
Any hook inside the passenger compartment or the boot means it is a grocery/shopping bag hook - to hold the bags in place.

Odd placement though! I wonder if this one is to hold the floor mats. Is it on the other side too?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks