Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2006, 18:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

you lucky son of a ........
this is my dream car........
i just cant get enough of this car....its like a hollywood actress the more you get of her the more you want......
Old 19th May 2006, 18:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

One of the Best cars of yesteryears.the Mini Cooper. Also one of the pioneers in front wheel drive technology in cars..

I happened to drive one some years back maybe a 1980ish one..the first thing that struck me is "This car is very spacious".. A very fine design of optimising space

Old 22nd May 2006, 20:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

Amit..a very nice review!!

Some companies simply take the character out of old cars when they decide that they'll go retro and bring back an old design. The New Beetle is a classic example of this. Only the shape sort of remained while everything else..that flat four air cooled boxer engine, the bonnet for luggage at the front etc were turned around. My dad owned one in Nigeria in the 1980s and we really loved that car.

But BMW kept the character of the Mini intact when they redesigned it and three cheers to em!!

And I've this thing for very powerful small hatches!!

Drive on!!
Shibu.

Last edited by shibujp : 22nd May 2006 at 20:29.
Old 22nd May 2006, 21:14   #19
BHPian

Nice review!
However, only the Sports model of Mini features such gearshift. Other models come with normal floor mounted gear shift.
Mini Cooper costs around £10,000 in UK and the sports model costs @£15,000.
A 17 lakh rupees price tag in India seems preposterous for a small car - albeit its drivability.
Old 22nd May 2006, 21:43   #20
BHPian

nice writeup and a great car. i have been in one with a navigation system so the sentrally mounted speedo was not there in that one. i agree that the run flats are the culprits for the ride quality because i felt fine riding in the back on the inside roads of new jersey(really bad roads) on normal tyres.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks