Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2012, 12:53   #31
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster RXZ 110 : An Owner's take

Quote:
Originally Posted by gennius View Post

1.) In polluted areas, there is a good amount of pollution sneaking into the cabin making it really uncomfortable. I need to tell the service center to fix this in the service.
Am I right in saying you are detecting the invading pollution by smell and due to discomfort in breathing?

This could also be how Duster drivers have experienced uncomfortable wind noise during drives / test-drives. What I am saying is that where the pollution is entering the cabin from could very likely also be the inlet for the wind noise.
Old 23rd August 2012, 13:27   #32
BHPian

Quote:

1.) In polluted areas, there is a good amount of pollution sneaking into the cabin making it really uncomfortable. I need to tell the service center to fix this in the service.
Usually there is a button/knob which you press to cut off the outside air or recirculate the cabin air when the AC is on. Did you check for this?
Old 23rd August 2012, 13:41   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkjr View Post
Am I right in saying you are detecting the invading pollution by smell and due to discomfort in breathing?

This could also be how Duster drivers have experienced uncomfortable wind noise during drives / test-drives. What I am saying is that where the pollution is entering the cabin from could very likely also be the inlet for the wind noise.
Could be possible. But then I wonder if this problem exists with every other duster or only in mine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Usually there is a button/knob which you press to cut off the outside air or recirculate the cabin air when the AC is on. Did you check for this?
Yeah that's the first thing I checked. It was always on the recirculate mode.
gennius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2012, 13:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. I have seen two Dusters until now and they really have a very good presence. The ground clearance yet with the road hugging looks gives it such a attractive look.
Old 23rd August 2012, 13:59   #35
BHPian

First a big congratulations, I feel duster is a great value for money car with awesome road presence.
Do post some feedback about driving this car on the highway.
Old 23rd August 2012, 14:30   #36
BHPian

Every time I read about the ride quality of duster, I end up fantasizing about owning it!
When I went for a test drive, I had just test driven Nissan Sunny. The space in Sunny is just amaxing. When I saw duster in the showroom with the rear AC vents making the rear bench a 2 seater, I rejected the idea of buying it. Anyway though of TD'ing it as we were anyway in the showroom, but we were told that TD vehicles are not availabe (despite calling and booking a TD)!

We ended TD'in the Skoda Rapid next doors.

If I do not want the rear AC vents, is the only option to go for the base model?
Old 23rd August 2012, 18:27   #37
BHPian

Congratulations on owning a Duster ! This car is quite a looker. Really liked the review.

The ride quality of this car is superb. Me and my friend took a test drive of this vehicle in Hyderabad and were impressed with it.

Keep updating the thread with your ownership and service experience.

Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 15:21   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Could be possible. But then I wonder if this problem exists with every other duster or only in mine?
Yeah that's the first thing I checked. It was always on the recirculate mode.
I have faced the same problem but only once. Drove through an area with foul smell and I got a hint of it inside the cabin. But that's not all. As I switch on the AC in static condition, the cooling is perfect but when on the move, the chill factor is not there.
I doubt the showroom guys would be of help, I need to do a smoke test myself with a incense stick while the car is cruising at good speeds to check if air is getting inside the cabin from somewhere.

Congrats Gennius on the sparkling red Duster.
himadrimondal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2012, 07:10   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gennius
Moreover, the dealer took from us an extra 700 bucks to get the high-security number plates done and committed to us that they would be installed 2 days after the purchase (17th August) and the whole process would only take 5mins.
Nilesh, congratulations for your new acquisition. Wishing you a problem free & pleasant ownership experience.

When, I got my first sighting of the brown Duster a few weeks back near near Azadpur in Delhi, I was impressed & interested. The icing on the cake was that it had a team bhp stickers on it. So I won't be surprised if the enthusiastic owner of the same stumbles upon this post, or may already be contributing here.

I am glad to learn that it has got the big things right. However, I am disappointed by the quirkiness in the peripheral things. You can't expect us to be ascetics & ignore the ergonomics. But as you said you can change a few & get used to the others. Would like to hear about the mods that you do on your way.

By the way, I am ignorant about the high security number plate. What is different & how do they help?

Regards, Ajay
Old 25th August 2012, 17:08   #40
BHPian

Quote:
I finally drove this car on the highways at speeds of about 100kmph-120kmph. Cruising on the 6th gear, the engine is slightly audible and generally stays below 2500rpm. However, the wind noise is terrible. It actually made the ride a little uncomfortable for a while at high speeds.
I own a Civic and I don't need 2 cars. Booked a Duster but the wind noise is making me think whether I should buy the Duster or not. A fast highway cruise is Civic is fantastic with almost no noise inside. Do you think wind noise is a deal breaker ? It is so hard to test in city conditions in the test drives. The car will be used for long highway drives a lot. Any advice would immensely help since you own both Civic and Duster. If it is a deal breaker I will keep my Civic and wait for new ones like Ford Eco-sport.

Quote:
I also cornered the Duster at about 110kmph. Although it was stable enough, I'm spoilt by the high speed stability of my Civic. I've cornered the Civic on the same highway at about 160kmph and never felt any discomfort whatsoever. The Duster doesn't get even close to the Civic in this regard. I'm pretty sure that the Duster's higher center of gravity is the culprit here. I won't be going past 120kmph for a while now, since I want to run-in this car's engine real well.
Though Duster is no comparison to the high speed stability and swerveability of Civic, do you feel unsafe in Duster while cornering or lane changing or swerving ? Do you feel confident to swerve at 80 kmph in Duster ?

Quote:
Please be extremely careful while opening your new SUV's door
Thanks a lot. You must write more about the differences between living with a sedan and living with a SUV! Will help a lot of folks.
Old 25th August 2012, 18:22   #41
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the DUSTER. It was very interesting and educative, the review. One thing I couldn't find, how is the view from the Driver's seat? Especially is the expansive bonnet visible?
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2012, 22:32   #42
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic review Gennius. I am surely going to be hooked to this thread in the coming days. Is the AC effective in cooling the whole cabin? I hope you got a chance to drive in the heavy downpour that lashed Jaipur recently (came to know that this is the highest ever single day rainfall that Jaipur has witnessed in the last 30 years). How did the Duster fare in the torrential rains? Were the wipers doing their job effectively? I hope there is no water leakage inside the cabin.
Old 26th August 2012, 01:18   #43
BHPian

I came across this link for better sound insulation (but this is not in english but gives good idea)

Insonorizare Dacia Logan

This one for door.

http://www.daciaclub.ro/Antifonare-c...329-s1470.html

Last edited by niv26 : 26th August 2012 at 01:20.
Old 26th August 2012, 08:09   #44
Team-BHP Support

Nice review! Any ideas on the availability of wheel cladding?
I think that is most important accessory that would be needed for this guy.
Old 26th August 2012, 19:41   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
I came across this link for better sound insulation (but this is not in english but gives good idea)
Insonorizare Dacia Logan
You can open any link in chrome, it gives a translation bar and it automatically translates the content to your preferred language. Works like a charm.

Most Viewed