Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2013, 14:31   #31
BHPian

re: Stopped driving, started sailing - Chevy Sail UVA - sailed 1,00,000 kms now

Hi guys,

I am sorry, I have been playing Mr. India here, for days, now. Just too much work load, keeping me from sharing more here.

Anyways, Here's update. The car has done 1300 km now. Fuel efficiency is consistent at 13.5 kmpl, 100 % city. The car is running fine, without any glitches so far.

I got security system from chevy dealer at 3050 INR. Also I fitted 4 JBL speakers, which I had, from the dealer. Had to change parcel tray, but it is the best thing happened to my new car.

Here are some pics,
Attached Thumbnails
Stopped driving, started sailing - Chevy Sail UVA - sailed 1,00,000 kms now-dsc01832.jpg  

Stopped driving, started sailing - Chevy Sail UVA - sailed 1,00,000 kms now-dashboard.jpg  

Stopped driving, started sailing - Chevy Sail UVA - sailed 1,00,000 kms now-steering.jpg  

Stopped driving, started sailing - Chevy Sail UVA - sailed 1,00,000 kms now-instrument.jpg  

Stopped driving, started sailing - Chevy Sail UVA - sailed 1,00,000 kms now-instrument-.jpg  

Stopped driving, started sailing - Chevy Sail UVA - sailed 1,00,000 kms now-centre-console.jpg  

Stopped driving, started sailing - Chevy Sail UVA - sailed 1,00,000 kms now-switches.jpg  

Stopped driving, started sailing - Chevy Sail UVA - sailed 1,00,000 kms now-glove-box.jpg  

Stopped driving, started sailing - Chevy Sail UVA - sailed 1,00,000 kms now-gear.jpg  

Stopped driving, started sailing - Chevy Sail UVA - sailed 1,00,000 kms now-dsc01837.jpg  

Last edited by indianvirus : 16th January 2013 at 14:33.
indianvirus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2013, 16:48   #32
BHPian

Congrats bud for the new member. I hope it serves its purpose well. No nonsense car, pretty reasonable in terms of power, space for the price.

wish you loads of happy miles
Old 17th January 2013, 02:42   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianvirus View Post
I got security system from chevy dealer at 3050 INR. Also I fitted 4 JBL speakers, which I had, from the dealer. Had to change parcel tray, but it is the best thing happened to my new car.

Here are some pics,
Hello Indianvirus,

Please post some pictures of the new parcel tray.

Thank you
Old 18th January 2013, 14:30   #34
BHPian

Hello guys,

I was to upload rest of the pics with previous post, but my chrome has mind of its own. Anyways, here are the rest of the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Stopped driving, started sailing - Chevy Sail UVA - sailed 1,00,000 kms now-engine.jpg  

Stopped driving, started sailing - Chevy Sail UVA - sailed 1,00,000 kms now-engine-bay.jpg  

Stopped driving, started sailing - Chevy Sail UVA - sailed 1,00,000 kms now-front-door.jpg  

Stopped driving, started sailing - Chevy Sail UVA - sailed 1,00,000 kms now-rear-door.jpg  

Stopped driving, started sailing - Chevy Sail UVA - sailed 1,00,000 kms now-leg-room.jpg  

Stopped driving, started sailing - Chevy Sail UVA - sailed 1,00,000 kms now-max-leg-room.jpg  

Stopped driving, started sailing - Chevy Sail UVA - sailed 1,00,000 kms now-min-leg-room.jpg  

Stopped driving, started sailing - Chevy Sail UVA - sailed 1,00,000 kms now-jbl.jpg  

indianvirus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 12:13   #35
BHPian

Hi guys,

I am back with some updates. The car has done 1500+ kms now. Recently, I took it to 100 km round trip to Anand, with 4 people on board. Some of my observations are,

1. The car feels stable and planted at speed (110 kmph)
2. At times, feels under-powered, especially with 4 onboard. Have to downshift for quick overtake. But it's not deal breaker.
3. Suspension is very nice, absorbs almost all irregularities.
4. Brakes are superb (ABS variant).
5. Steering is not so light, but nothing bothersome.

I am loving each moment of ownership, completely satisfied with my decision on buying it. Last tankful returned 14.6 kmpl, 22% highway, 78% city driving. Me gusta!!!

Cheers.
Old 30th January 2013, 12:02   #36
BHPian

Hello all,

Here's 2100 km update. Last tankful returned 16.6 kmpl (65% highway, 35% city). I am sure of getting at least 18 kmpl with 100% highway use (with AC). The car is running absolutely fine. I recently drove Dzire DDIS for around 60 kms on highway. I would say Sail has better space, gear shift and brakes than Dzire.

Couple of design flaws I have noticed on sail. First, the window glass is bit thinner for the channel in which it runs. There is good amount of gap there, which results in glass rattling on broken roads. I checked with service center guy, who confirmed all sail comes with this design (flaw). The rattling is only present of the glass in somewhere halfway, when fully closed, the rattling disappears for obvious reason.

Second, the dashboard plastic panel running down to paddle bay, runs bit too low, while operating paddles with your heel, your are bound hit your toe to that plastic panel.

But overall, I am happy with the car.

Thanks.
indianvirus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 15:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hi

Its been 4 months since your last update Time for some more updates.
I am totally disappointed by GM for not marketting these cars properly. Not many makers launch 3 new cars in less than a year and if they do there should be a bang which is totally missing in case of GM.

Ford has been talking about EcoSport and GM has launched 3 cars in this duration !!

I want to know the FE(Are you like 7-8K kms now? ) and the rattles part. Also i have heard that suspension and drivability is decent but steering feedback is pretty bad. What is your take on this ?
Old 13th June 2013, 13:31   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hello all,

Here's 2100 km update.
Eagerly awaiting your update as the car has been with you for more than 7 months.
Old 28th June 2013, 11:05   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Hi

Its been 4 months since your last update Time for some more updates.
I am totally disappointed by GM for not marketting these cars properly. Not many makers launch 3 new cars in less than a year and if they do there should be a bang which is totally missing in case of GM.

Ford has been talking about EcoSport and GM has launched 3 cars in this duration !!

I want to know the FE(Are you like 7-8K kms now? ) and the rattles part. Also i have heard that suspension and drivability is decent but steering feedback is pretty bad. What is your take on this ?
Hi guys,

I am sorry I haven't updated my thread in ages. Workload getting good of me. The car has done 10000 kms now. I am overall satisfied with it.

However, there are some issues Chevy needs to address. The head unit, sometimes, has mind of its own, especially when the car is parked in the sun. The volume control knob does not work for first few minutes, also the volume level changes (increase or decrease) on its own. Dealer could not find fault during first service. Chrome plating on hand brake push button is already off.
And the major issue is water getting leaked inside cabin. After a overnight rain fall there was small puddle of water in driverside foot-well. Strangely all the seats and carpets of co driver and rear passenger were dry. Took it to dealer but again they were clueless. they asked me to put the car at service center for couple of days. I am yet to do so.

The fuel efficiency is consistent 13/14 ish in city with 100 % AC. Good part is suspension, ride quality is very good, even on worst roads. Steering is light, good thing in city but not so good on highways, need steady hands. Drivability is decent post 2K RPM, but one needs to work the gears at lower speeds, when the car is fully loaded.

Apart from issues mentioned earlier which could be car specific, there is nothing one can't live with.

Cheers.
indianvirus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2013, 18:34   #40
BHPian

Dear all,

This update is regarding water leaking inside cabin, the culprit was rubber bushing between engine bay and cabin, which became loose and allowed rain water to come into cabin. A.S.S. guys rectified the same and now problem is solved.

The car has done more than 11000 kms now. Fuel efficiency has been consistent at 13/14 kmpl in city.

Regards.
Old 11th October 2013, 11:46   #41
BHPian

hi indianvirus,

Many thanks for sharing your expert review on the forum and i am glued to it.

Can you confirm if you took the seat covers from the dealer itself & if you have considered putting the center arm rest & remote locking as well?

I have asked this question in the forum of bblost as well.

Also based on your experience with the car can you comment if an underbody antirust coat is needed?

Thanks
g.e
Old 11th February 2014, 13:52   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyengineer View Post
hi indianvirus,

Many thanks for sharing your expert review on the forum and i am glued to it.

Can you confirm if you took the seat covers from the dealer itself & if you have considered putting the center arm rest & remote locking as well?

I have asked this question in the forum of bblost as well.

Also based on your experience with the car can you comment if an underbody antirust coat is needed?

Thanks
g.e
Dear GE,

Thanks for the comment, and sorry for very late reply, work-load is keeping me from frequent forum checks. You probably already have answers from bblost, I would still take a go at it. I haven't put seat covers or anything else from the dealer, since they are ridiculously overpriced. I have installed central locking though, since it is a must.

I have after-market reverse parking sensors, but they are not ready to install it. Even though their unit is also after-market, I have to buy from them to get it installed. Any installation from outside and warranty goes out of window.

Anyways, the car has done 16K+ kms now. Second service done, it is running fine, no issues so far, fuel efficiency is 13-14 kmpl in city and 17 on highways.

In monsoon, sometimes hand-brake did not release upon moving the lever, but problem solved after monsoon.

Meanwhile, here something I did to spice things up...
Attached Thumbnails
Stopped driving, started sailing - Chevy Sail UVA - sailed 1,00,000 kms now-dsc_0875.jpg  

Old 15th June 2014, 17:40   #43
BHPian

Hi guys,

I am extremely sorry I am not posting frequent updates here, but honestly there is nothing much to post, since I am having fuss-free ownership of the car.

Just to update, the car has done more than 20K kms now, has just done its 4th service, ( 1st paid). The service costed me just 1000 bucks, nothing replaced, just labour cost.

The car is running trouble-free, does not rattle at all yet. I am not facing any issues regarding idling or anything posted by other members here. Fuel efficiency remains consistent at 13 kmpl in city and 16.5-17 kmpl on highways. Full marks to chevy on space and comfort fronts.

The car does feel under-powered when fully loaded (5 people + luggage), especially while accelerating, takes time to reach certain speed, but once at certain speed, cruises easily. I wish it had little more power.

Still it puts smiles on my face every time I drive it. Don't wish anything more.

Cheers!
Old 16th June 2014, 11:16   #44
Senior - BHPian

Good to know all is going well with the car , with 5 people and a loaded trunk i think it would be unfair to expect the car to remain very spirited , the engine is what it is and i think that is ok.

Have you managed to sort out the Music system issues - the volume knob and the volume?

Quote:
Hi guys,

I am extremely sorry I am not posting frequent updates here, but honestly there is nothing much to post, since I am having fuss-free ownership of the car.

Just to update, the car has done more than 20K kms now, has just done its 4th service, ( 1st paid). The service costed me just 1000 bucks, nothing replaced, just labour cost.

The car is running trouble-free, does not rattle at all yet. I am not facing any issues regarding idling or anything posted by other members here. Fuel efficiency remains consistent at 13 kmpl in city and 16.5-17 kmpl on highways. Full marks to chevy on space and comfort fronts.

The car does feel under-powered when fully loaded (5 people + luggage), especially while accelerating, takes time to reach certain speed, but once at certain speed, cruises easily. I wish it had little more power.

Still it puts smiles on my face every time I drive it. Don't wish anything more.

Cheers!
Old 16th June 2014, 14:17   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Awesome.
The car is definitely a well sorted out champion which never got due recognition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Good to know all is going well with the car , with 5 people and a loaded trunk i think it would be unfair to expect the car to remain very spirited , the engine is what it is and i think that is ok.
I feel the same as Indianvirus. Just yesterday I was driving about 60 odd kms on the Hyderabad ORR. Speed limit 120 and the car is so planted and handles so beautifully you end up feeling why they did not plonk in a bigger engine. It would have really complimented its overall driving dynamics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks