Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2014, 22:57   #46
BHPian

re: Stopped driving, started sailing - Chevy Sail UVA - sailed 1,00,000 kms now

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Good to know all is going well with the car , with 5 people and a loaded trunk i think it would be unfair to expect the car to remain very spirited , the engine is what it is and i think that is ok.

Have you managed to sort out the Music system issues - the volume knob and the volume?
Well, I don't know if service guys did something without my knowledge during previous services or what, but that problem has disappeared. The car was parked in sun all the time this summer, but volume level or the knob hasn't been notorious at all.

Feels good...
Old 29th January 2015, 13:15   #47
BHPian

Hi all,

Here I am with another update. The car has done more than 31,000 kms. now. It also completed 2 years last December. I am having trouble-free ownership, in general.

I have observed something and I would like to have opinion of other petrol sail owners here. During highway runs, at randon, engine starts loosing power at slow pace, for example, if I am driving at 110 kmph, all of sudden engine start loosing power and speed gradually drops to 80 kmph, there is no sound, no vibration, nothing unusual. This condition remains for 2-3 or 4 mins. Than power comes back and car runs normal. Now this behavior occurs at very random. At times, the car has run for 800 kms in single day and this hasn't happened. On the other hand sometimes it happens in 120 kms drive. Service guys are clueless since this does not occur when I take it for routine service.
Anyone else faced similar issue???

Just to update my car had nasty crash, last December(4 days after its birthday), stayed at workshop for almost a month. But now it is back and running fine.

Regards.
Old 30th January 2015, 14:40   #48
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianvirus View Post
if I am driving at 110 kmph, all of sudden engine start loosing power and speed gradually drops to 80 kmph, there is no sound, no vibration, nothing unusual. This condition remains for 2-3 or 4 mins. Than power comes back and car runs normal.
The way you describe the problem and considering its random nature, I think it's a fuel-starvation problem. Start with the usual suspects first: Fuel filter?
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2015, 15:06   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone else faced similar issue???
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The way you describe the problem and considering its random nature, I think it's a fuel-starvation problem. Start with the usual suspects first: Fuel filter?
I had faced such issue in my car last September which I had mentioned in my ownership thread as quoted below. Your issue looks similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Faced a peculiar problem while returning from office on Monday night. I was cruising at around 60 kmph at 1800 rpm in 4th gear when suddenly the accelerator went dead and felt as though someone was pressing the break mildly. Tried pressing the throttle but nothing happened. I immediately down shifted to 3rd gear and the accelerator came back to life. After driving for another 10 km, I was at second gear and the problem occurred again. This time I downshifted to 1st gear and the issue disappeared. The problem never occurred thereafter. I drove around 85 km yesterday and around 45 km this morning and didn't observe the issue. What could have caused the issue?
This issue used to occur randomly and somehow disappeared after the 1 lakh km service which was carried out after a week. The fuel filter was replaced in the service after which the issue never got reproduced. I have driven almost 12K km after that and never faced any issue. You may try changing the fuel filter.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 30th January 2015 at 15:08.
guyfrmblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 20:02   #50
BHPian

Hello all,

This is just to update that my Sail has crossed 35,800 kms now. I am having fuss free ownership, no problems reported.

The problem I last reported, regarding lack of power, has vanished after 4th service, in last december. I have confirmed with SA that fuel filter was replaced and i suppose the same has solved the problem. Thanks to GTO and guyfrmblr for your opinions.

As I have mentioned before I would love to have more power, especially at low rpm, since the engine feels lifeless under 1600 RPM.
A friend has suggested performance air filter, iridium spark plugs and fully synthetic engine oil. Will this help? Any other sail owner here, who has done any kind of performance enhancement?

Thanks in advance!!
indianvirus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 13:13   #51
BHPian

Hi all,

Here I am with another update. The sail has done 42K + kms now, and I am so happy to report that it is carrying out its duty without any hassle what-so-ever. I am glad it is so reliable and comfortable. The fuel efficiency is consistent at 14-15 kmpl, with city and highway combined run, 100% with AC.

Last service, I was advised to change timing belts and brake pads, which I agreed to.

After last service, hydraulic lifter for hatch gave away all of a sudden, mysteriously, which was changed under warranty. I am not happy with local Chevy dealer due to their questionable policies, but then till warranty lasts I don't have any other option.

cheers...
indianvirus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 15:15   #52
Team-BHP Support

Glad the car is running fine. Did you also take the extended warranty.

Buying that has taken a huge load of my chest.

My own car has covered over 32.5 k kms. Just today it was back on the highway for a quick holiday to Hampi.
Absolutely no regrets on buying this car.
Old 18th July 2016, 19:14   #53
BHPian

Hello all,

It has been quite long time since I have posted here. But actually there is nothing much to share too. The sail keeps on munching kms like a reliable workhorse. Let me share current status anyway. My sail has clocked more than 65,000 kms now. It has been 3 and half years and I am having fuss free ownership. Chevy has made it well, whatever they have made. I don't have to think twice before getting my car out at any given time for any trip. I like that.

Recent service saw 2nd set of brake pads and new set of brake disk rotors, these have been the only major part replacement other than regular stuff (filters, wipers, spark plugs). The service costed Rs.8500/- in total. The OE battery is asking for replacement now, so that is to be done soon.

Fuel efficiency keeps hovering at 13.5/14 KMPL on highways with 100% AC.

Regards.
indianvirus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 20:02   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Chevy has made it well, whatever they have made. I don't have to think twice before getting my car out at any given time for any trip. I like that.
Exactly the same experience here.
My Sail UVA has crossed 46,000 kms and its running pretty well.

Long holiday or weekend vacation. No problem. Just start and go.

Love that feeling of reliability.
Old 7th February 2018, 20:38   #55
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

First of all I apologize for not updating for long long time, my work takes up all my time.

Secondly, I would love to share that my sail is now 5 years old and has crossed 1 lakh kilometers, and is still going strong . No drama what-so-ever. I recently did 2300 kms Goa trip without any fuss. I simply love it for its reliability.

The engine and gearbox feel like they still have a lot of juice. The car has new battery now and is running 3rd set of tires. I get it serviced twice a year, and it is serving me back very well.

I am having small trouble with brakes, the pedal does not release all the way back after removing the foot, but needs to be lifted manually. I have got it checked multiple times at different work shops, but the problem is yet to be solved. Rest everything is holding very well.

The fuel efficiency consistently hovers around 14 to 16 kmpl, depending on driving conditions.

Thanks and regards.
Attached Thumbnails
Stopped driving, started sailing - Chevy Sail UVA - sailed 1,00,000 kms now-whatsapp-image-20180207-8.08.40-pm.jpeg  

indianvirus is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 15:46   #56
BANNED

Re: Stopped driving, started sailing - Chevy Sail UVA - sailed 1,00,000 kms now

Congratulations for achieving 1 lac Km milestone with your baby Chevy. Wish you for another happy big one.

Quote:

However, there are some issues Chevy needs to address. The head unit, sometimes, has mind of its own, especially when the car is parked in the sun. The volume control knob does not work for first few minutes, also the volume level changes (increase or decrease) on its own. Dealer could not find fault during first service. Chrome plating on hand brake push button is already off.

Sorry for quoting such an old post, but my father' sail UVA is having the same issue for sometime. Volume is stuck in between 14-17. Local Chevy SC is as usual worthless.

Did you able to find any solution for the issue?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks