Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2013, 16:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Immaculata - My pre-owned 2011 Honda Civic AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anghammarad View Post
Honda is being wishy washy about the 2+2 service warranty citing 2nd ownership of the car. Taking it up with one of their Service Center people today.

Thanks though, I had no idea about this. :x
The 2+2 warranty has nothing to do with ownership changes. Only thing we have to do is, upon buying the car from the previous owner, notify Honda via the form in the service booklet. Only once this done, the ownership details gets changed, and once this is done, whatever warranty the car carries, stays with the car and the new owner.
Please get this confirmed with the service and cleared. They will be able to see it very quickly by checking their system.
Old 8th February 2013, 17:29   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Here is the press release during the facelift launch which mentions about the change in warranty duration for the Civic. Refer the very last part of the release.

http://www.hondacarindia.com/mediaCe...aspx?pr_id=180
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
The 2+2 warranty has nothing to do with ownership changes. Only thing we have to do is, upon buying the car from the previous owner, notify Honda via the form in the service booklet. Only once this done, the ownership details gets changed, and once this is done, whatever warranty the car carries, stays with the car and the new owner.
Please get this confirmed with the service and cleared. They will be able to see it very quickly by checking their system.
After purchasing the car, I had done a service, and asked them if there were any details I had to fill out. I was not informed of this, mea culpa too I suppose. Am now inquiring if I should submit the form today or tommorow, so as to avail of the extended warranty seeing as though the 2 year warrants expires on the 31st of this month.

Any suggestions?
Once again, thanks for the heads up. Better late than never.
Old 8th February 2013, 18:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

You can check tomorrow as well I guess, since it is the end of business time now. It doesnt matter it being today or tomorrow.
Also check whether its your name that appears in their bills now.
Old 9th February 2013, 23:21   #19
BHPian

Went there today, they switched it over to my name. So seems the thing resolved for now, fingers crossed on the warranty with the CNG.
Old 10th February 2013, 11:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hiya! I remember going to Karmax to check out a car with a friend. Like others, I too felt their cars were overpriced, but given the general condition of the cars there and the low mileage, I'd say they're about par for the course.

Love to see these pre-owned Civic threads, and you're no exception. GTO has started off a bit of a fan following here and I myself would love to follow the pre-owned Civic route, so seeing threads such as these are food for thought!

Congrats on the car, looks lovely as Scarlett Johanson on a summer day. Enjoy, and do keep the thread updated!
Old 14th February 2013, 14:45   #21
BHPian

Was looking out for the Civic as well (Sarathlal knows this) but there was an article in Hindu today in one of those supplementary papers, where a guy was asking whether he should go for a used Altis or a Civic. The reply was avoid Civic since it would no longer be in production and it would be difficult to get spare parts.

Now I know all car manufacturers have that 10 year policy of supplying spares when the car is discontinued. But just to be sure, I visited the Honda Showroom in Trivandrum (Penninsular Honda) pretending to buy a new or used Civic and they suggested not to do that since I may not get the spares on time.

I really wanted to go for the Civic (the heart) while the mind says Altis (silly mind agrees to that). What's your take on this matter?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks