Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2013, 03:54   #31
BHPian

re: Chevrolet Sail UVA comes home - Initial ownership report EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveoman19 View Post

He had a Diesel Hyundai Getz. A Hyundai Getz CRDi to be precise.
Aveoman sir,

You are precise there. What I meant was, congratulations from me (petrol sailor) to him (diesel sailor). I own a petrol sail, the first one on team to be precise.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
indianvirus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2013, 09:12   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianvirus View Post
Aveoman sir,

You are precise there. What I meant was, congratulations from me (petrol sailor) to him (diesel sailor). I own a petrol sail, the first one on team to be precise.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
I should be the one to say sorry for making you look like someone who didn't know what car he is talking about and although I never meant it to be, but that is more like an insult for petrolheads like you and me. I am extremely sorry for the same.

Speaking of the Sails, how about you both exchange your rides for two days and give us all a thorough comparo between the Petrol Sail and the Diesel Sail?
Old 26th January 2013, 11:31   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreehari View Post

3. Because of the center-mounted diesel tank, the platform is little raised & you get a feel of actually walking into the car (than sitting down).
Congrats for the new car. It's definitely a sensible choice. By saying " walking into the car", do you mean it's like tall boys like Ritz/Wagon-R. Cars height is just normal. How much head room is left for the driver, given the higher seating position ?? Can it pose a problem for some one > 6 ft height.

How are the overall ergonomics of the car? Some one has told that it has annoyingly long clutch travel. What's your findings?

Thanks
Old 27th January 2013, 13:24   #34
BHPian

@ aveoman, no need to be sorry, buddy. And as for the exchange I would love to do that provided hari is willing.

@ chitta, It was me, who mentioned long clutch travel, let's see what hari feels. Btw, The car is not as tall as wagonR or ritz, but certainly taller than other cars like figo or honda city.

@ hari, sorry mate, for high-jacking your thread. Please let us know your fuel efficiency figures, and how much did you pay for those neo wheels.

cheers..
Old 28th January 2013, 10:09   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Congrats for the new car. It's definitely a sensible choice. By saying " walking into the car", do you mean it's like tall boys like Ritz/Wagon-R. Cars height is just normal. How much head room is left for the driver, given the higher seating position ?? Can it pose a problem for some one > 6 ft height.

How are the overall ergonomics of the car? Some one has told that it has annoyingly long clutch travel. What's your findings?

Thanks
Quote:
@ chitta, It was me, who mentioned long clutch travel, let's see what hari feels. Btw, The car is not as tall as wagonR or ritz, but certainly taller than other cars like figo or honda city..
As indianvirus said, Sail cannot be compared with Wagon-R .I have a Wagon-R also in the family, so surely can compare & write about it. However its taller than most of other hatches like Figo,Punto etc. (Atleast it feels like).

Regarding the clutch. Yes, It has a long travel & finding a comfortable seating position will take some time.I too felt it annoying in the beginning. However now its no more an issue.

Quote:
@ aveoman, no need to be sorry, buddy. And as for the exchange I would love to do that provided hari is willing.

Why not,We can surely meetup over a week end and see how different the petrol & deisel verisons are. However one thing I liked about the Petrol Sail when i saw it at the showroom was its gear knob.I just liked the small ball like gear knob it had.

@ hari, sorry mate, for high-jacking your thread. Please let us know your fuel efficiency figures, and how much did you pay for those neo wheels.

cheers..
Fuel efficiency has been already written about in the main reveiw. Its 12kmpl in city & 15kmpl on highway's.

Neo wheels costed me something around 20,000/-.I don't remember the exact cost now.It was bought along with the Yokohama's & there was buy back offered to me for my stock Apollo's. .
Old 28th January 2013, 17:37   #36
MYB
BHPian

Congrats Shreehari... Neat job done on the ride and I must say it looks way better than stock. I would like to know more about the issue on highways - what exactly is the problem? It will help me in a few ways to know the same.
Old 29th January 2013, 11:31   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYB View Post
Congrats Shreehari... Neat job done on the ride and I must say it looks way better than stock. I would like to know more about the issue on highways - what exactly is the problem? It will help me in a few ways to know the same.
Thanks MYB,

The problem on highway is that the steering doesn't get any feedback.It does not weigh up as the speed builds,and the slightest movement of hand will take the car out of its lane. Hence you don't get much confidence when doing triple digits.
shreehari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 13:53   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks MYB.
Congrats Hari!

Could you let us know how much would it cost to have anti scratch film installed throughout?
Old 29th January 2013, 14:06   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Congrats Hari!

Could you let us know how much would it cost to have anti scratch film installed throughout?
Thanks Thilak,

For Sail,the entire filim coating will cost around 48000/-.The price actually depends on sq ft & hence your size of car will matter here.
Old 30th January 2013, 09:18   #40
BHPian

Is this diesel engine the very same DDis which is used in Swift?
I remember reading on some review online that the Sail UVA's Diesel engine is based on the same lines of the DDis but its actually a totally different engine.
Old 30th January 2013, 13:44   #41
BHPian

Quote:
The problem on highway is that the steering doesn't get any feedback.It does not weigh up as the speed builds,and the slightest movement of hand will take the car out of its lane. Hence you don't get much confidence when doing triple digits.
That sounds like a BIG safety risk. Wonder why Chevy is skimping on this, after all it's not a replacement for their Spark. A big let down on an otherwise very capable highway hatch.
Old 18th May 2013, 21:21   #42
Team-BHP Support

How about an update on your car.

What is the current milage like.

First service, done? How was it.

Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 15:35   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
2. Alloy wheel & Tyres from Sai Iyengar, Indiranagar.
Thread has been inactive for six years, but still here goes -

Chevrolet Sail UVA comes home - Initial ownership report EDIT: Sold!-img_20190306_170429.jpg

Knew it was this car as I remember reading the thread years back and it is the alloys that made an impression back then. Surprising how well such small things catch your fancy even after years!

How about a long term update, shreehari?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 11:52   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thread has been inactive for six years, but still here goes -

Knew it was this car as I remember reading the thread years back and it is the alloys that made an impression back then. Surprising how well such small things catch your fancy even after years!

How about a long term update, shreehari?
I said bye to this car 4 years back. But Thanks for bringing back the memories.Thanks for appreciating the after market mods..Happy to see that the car has been maintained pretty well by its new owners as well.
shreehari is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks