Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2013, 14:05   #16
BHPian

Re: My Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD

Congrats on your new vehicle. Wish you many happy miles on it. The niggles are unfortunate in such a new car but I guess M&M and electronics/complex features don't go hand in hand. I too had/have issues with my XUV but the pros comfortably outweigh the cons.
I have one question for you-what's the solution for the kat kat engine noise at hard acceleration in lower rpms that you were talkin about? Even my XUV has this problem but it occurred only when my car clocked around 9k kms and am waiting for some free time to take my ride to the a.s.s.
Old 1st March 2013, 22:02   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavinc View Post
I have one question for you-what's the solution for the kat kat engine noise at hard acceleration in lower rpms that you were talkin about?
Before i took the deivery of the vehicle from the workshop after 4 days, I went for a long TD with the Service Head but I could not get that sound from the engine, I tried several gears, hard acceleration etc. but no luck, I am sure that sound was quite audible during my trip to Goa but now it is not there any more, please let me what your findings are on the same.

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd March 2013 at 08:21. Reason: Fixing quote.
Old 21st March 2013, 13:32   #18
BHPian

Great buy! Have loads of fun driving and owning the beast. Hope that Mahindra will soon be able to wipe the "Niggles" slate clean.

Cheers
Old 21st March 2013, 14:54   #19
BHPian

Congrats ssadwelkar.
I can imagine the agony of leaving a 10 day old vehicle in SC for more than 2 days.

Quote:
1. Infotainment system rebooting on its own
What is the software version have you got. The Jan 2013 ones had this corrected or atleast that's what I hear from new owners.

Quote:
5. Grinding sound from front brake pads and spongy pedal.
This is legendary now. Try for replacement brakes.
Quote:
Wheel balancing, steering vibration at 110kph.
I thought it was the bad roads that I drive. Umm. Appears I'm not alone. Let me start my investigation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks