Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2014, 10:56   #61
BHPian

Re: The Love Affair: Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus

Small update:

The T-Jet has been fine. Solid. Just like I took it out of the showroom yesterday. Unfortunately, my office is too close to home and I don't get the chance to take her out much. Sans the occasional weekend drive.

The tires have begun to get bit noisy, but that is expected of the hard rubber. On the upside, there have been no punctures.

And yesterday it rained in Siliguri. I don't know if you guys are familiar, but if it rains in these parts, it rains and we got nearly 200 mm of rain last evening in a span of a few hours. Waterlogging is not common as the water drains off fast due to the gradient, but the rain can make visibility and driving a nightmare. I had to leave for a meeting just as it had begun to start raining. And I drove through the heavy rain. And back. The car really feels safe inside in such adverse conditions. Touchwood. Good illumination. Solid feel to everything. Big tires hugging the road. 4 disc brakes performing flawlessly. An orange hue in the cockpit with soft music in the background. You are completely cut off from the storm raging outside. I think they should make more cars like this one.
johy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 14:45   #62
BHPian

Re: Cleaning the air conditioner filter - DIY.

So with the monsoons this time around it has been intermittent rain and strong sunny days. Not that my T-Jet's air conditioner was not working well. Compared to the Creta I drove recently, it was at par. But Sunday morning and nothing in particular to do, I decided to clean up the AC filter.

The AC filter is located "inside" the glove box, but behind the Blue and Me box. You don't need to open the Blue and Me box, but just remove it.

Tools needed:
1) Screw driver with the normal flat head and one T25 head.
2) 30 minutes of your time.

The Love Affair: Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus-001a.jpg
Steps

1) Open the glove box and remove its contents.

2) Locate a big plastic bolt/screw at the left corner. This can be removed with a normal screw driver/1 rupee coin.

The Love Affair: Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus-001.jpg

3) Once this plastic "screw" is out, you can simply remove the glove box cover with some manipulation. Not a hard job.

4) Now you need to bend down to look below the Blue and Me electronics box. You will find Two screws that hold it in place. You need the T25 head to unscrew these 2 screws. The left screw is a bit to the left - sorry could not get it on the photograph.

The Love Affair: Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus-002.jpg
5) Once the Blue and Me box is out, you can see the AC filter box behind.

The Love Affair: Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus-003.jpg

6) The box is covered with a plastic flap, just pull on the right side with a little force and it comes off without much fuss.

The Love Affair: Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus-004.jpg
7) Voila, you can now pull your filter out. Mine is an old type nylon mesh filter, the kind you see in normal room air conditioners.

I was surprised to see the amount of dirt/leaves that was there.

The Love Affair: Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus-005.jpg
8) Washed it under a tap with a little liquid soap. Results after wash below.

The Love Affair: Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus-006.jpg
9) Reverse the steps for putting it all back once the filter was dried.

10) The AC has now become a chiller. I have to turn the AC off after a while if I put it on 25 degrees! AC is probably the best AC I have ever seen on 4 wheels.
johy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 09:29   #63
BHPian

I have put my T-Jet on sale. Genuine buyers may please message me.

https://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy...at/Linea.html/
Old 18th February 2022, 17:41   #64
BHPian

I have sold the car now. It went to another enthusiast from the Forces.

My car did have it share of problems, which I sorted out before handing over the keys to the gentleman.

The main thing is that the car was running very little, as it shared the garage with an Alto K10 (for city duties) and a 2015 Thar. Plus taking it to the small town where parking was already scare was becoming an issue for me. Spares were also becoming hard to come by, especially waiting for them to come by courier.

I am sure she will be well taken care of. I will miss her, but things have to move on. I do hope Fiat come to India some day with some lovely driving machines. Till such time, Cheers!

P.S: I have added an i20 NLine, N8 DCT to my garage now. I would have never thought I would get a Hyundai, but the car is so un-like a Hyundai!
Attached Thumbnails
The Love Affair: Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus-linea.jpg  

Last edited by johy : 18th February 2022 at 17:43.
johy is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks