Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2013, 07:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kpzen->Kpgetz->Kpfigo : Remapped Figo TDCi

Congratulations.

If you wouldn't have disclosed at the start of the first post "what car you have bought", i would have never imagined a "Figo". As in almost none of the parameters (excluding VFM) it came on top, but i guess thats the beauty of this car. It gives you everything and is a perfect all-rounder.

Selling the Baleno and in comes Figo, do you get constraint for space? Although Baleno space isnt great, but an extra boot does make matters easy. Or was this change mostly because of fuel preferences?

The car looks clean and cool in white, or maybe the good photography is doing the trick ?

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 5th April 2013 at 07:09.
Old 5th April 2013, 07:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the new acquisition! Knowing you, this is going to be another high miler with a comprehensive ownership report. Is the car wearing Yoko A-drives, or are my eyes tricking me?

Also, you gave very high marks to the Sail in almost all aspects except engine. It also scores second in your VFM chart. What made you decide against it?
Old 5th April 2013, 08:23   #18
Team-BHP Support

Nice perspective of putting all the comparisons @KP. And also good to see Sail up there in the list.

Did you say 160km of drive every alternate day !
You must be living on the road. Also goes on to say, you need a damn good seating position and comfortable seats. Figo is good at it and firm. Any changes there needed or stock is good ?
Old 5th April 2013, 09:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

Aaah, at last comes the thread with the expected title!

Congratulations and welcome to the Figo club. I bought mine a couple of weeks before you, and mine is the previous version.

I agree with your rating scale, except that the SAIL was not there when I bought my car---it was launched that very day, actually.

I wanted to know if Pete's remap is better than the RD box that costs less than 20 K. I believe the box can be removed easily before service, thereby avoiding warranty hassles.

Another question I have is whether there is really any improvement in 2nd gear driveability, as claimed by Ford for the new model.
Old 5th April 2013, 10:36   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I wanted to know if Pete's remap is better than the RD box that costs less than 20 K. I believe the box can be removed easily before service, thereby avoiding warranty hassles.
Remap is better than a tuning box anyday, but yes - it will void warranty IF it is detected. But they would hardly notice unless you run into major issues and they check for any alterations made before they honour your warranty.

Even for remaps - there are cheaper options available. (Cheaper doesn't mean it might be inferior in any ways) available. The RD dual channel box is a good compromise too, IMO, but its not available for Figo yet (And I'm personally not sure if the turbo can be controlled by the ECU in figo).
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2013, 11:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The RD dual channel box is a good compromise too, IMO, but its not available for Figo yet (And I'm personally not sure if the turbo can be controlled by the ECU in figo).
Yes, RD is on my cards, but they have dual channel box only for VGT engines like Punto 90 bhp, etc. Figo has to contend with the older box.

I was thinking of plonking in the box this month, but on second thoughts plan to do it after 2nd servicing, which may be in a couple of months. The car has run around 6300 kms so far.
Old 5th April 2013, 11:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Nice perspective of putting all the comparisons @KP. And also good to see Sail up there in the list.

You must be living on the road. Also goes on to say, you need a damn good seating position and comfortable seats. Figo is good at it and firm. Any changes there needed or stock is good ?
Congrats Kpfigo,keep piling in more and more miles.
A friend has a Figo,and his does almost 120kms/day 6 days a week.
June 2010 and Odo is at 1.08L and going strong.

Whats there to be shocked about.
I do about 120kms a day 5 days a week
And it is fun,though the drive is stress free and i easily manage an average speed of 55km/hr through the week.
Old 5th April 2013, 11:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24 View Post
Congrats Kpzen on your new Figo, and also nice comparo of Hatchbacks. I had a test drive of the Titanium diesel recently.
I have to agree with you, Figo is really the best bet in the Hatchbacks, brilliant to drive and very good VFM most importantly.
But Ford sorely missed out adding the rear power again.
Keep us posted on the performance and drivability after the remapping. Wish you many more happy miles.
Thanks.

No rear power window is becoming a pain.

I don't use it much but passengers sometimes roll it down and leave it partly open and driver doesn't have the control. Result, water seeps through while washing or there is the air whooshing sound while driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrakkar View Post
Congratulations Prajesh!

Going by the comparison stats, you bought the car which was at the bottom of the table in 5 out of the 9 evaluation points!

Though i don't blame you - the Figo was my personal favorite too when we were hatch hunting last year (Had to go for i20 in the end, as the ladies of the house liked it's looks more! ).

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
Thanks jsrakkar.
I will always call a spade a spade.

At 6.5 lacs, there was nothing else close to it.
If Liva didn't have those ridiculous interiors it would have just made it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Congratulations.

If you wouldn't have disclosed at the start of the first post "what car you have bought", i would have never imagined a "Figo". As in almost none of the parameters (excluding VFM) it came on top, but i guess thats the beauty of this car. It gives you everything and is a perfect all-rounder.

Selling the Baleno and in comes Figo, do you get constraint for space? Although Baleno space isnt great, but an extra boot does make matters easy. Or was this change mostly because of fuel preferences?

The car looks clean and cool in white, or maybe the good photography is doing the trick ?
Thanks Mayank.

My daily run was going to increase from 120kms to 160kms, so i wasn't too convinced on getting a sedan. Small pocket rocket is what i was looking at.

Will probably replace the Getz with a sedan next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Congratulations on the new acquisition! Knowing you, this is going to be another high miler with a comprehensive ownership report. Is the car wearing Yoko A-drives, or are my eyes tricking me?

Also, you gave very high marks to the Sail in almost all aspects except engine. It also scores second in your VFM chart. What made you decide against it?
Thanks PW

Yes, i forgot to mention. Stock tires 175/65-14 MRFs were replaced with 185/65-14 Yoko A drives. GC has improved.

Sail is like a jack of all trades and master of none.
New launch which is yet to prove itself + Chevrolet didn't floor me

Two cars (baleno & getz) in my garage were out of production and future back up was looking dicey. So, i wanted something which is proven and gives me peace of mind.

Although, Ford isn't as support friendly as Maruti/Honda/ Toyota but still there are almost 3 lac figos on road to give you an assurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

Thanks Ampere

My daily commute is 160kms and i drive on alternate days.

Seats are comfortable but narrow.
I'm trying to source a arm rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Aaah, at last comes the thread with the expected title!

Congratulations and welcome to the Figo club. I bought mine a couple of weeks before you, and mine is the previous version.

I agree with your rating scale, except that the SAIL was not there when I bought my car---it was launched that very day, actually.

Another question I have is whether there is really any improvement in 2nd gear driveability, as claimed by Ford for the new model.
Thanks Vnabhi

Haven't tried RD box, cannot comment on that.
I have Petes box and remap on my 2 cars.

Last edited by kpzen : 5th April 2013 at 11:55.
Old 5th April 2013, 12:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Congrats Kpfigo,keep piling in more and more miles.

Whats there to be shocked about.
I do about 120kms a day 5 days a week
And it is fun,though the drive is stress free and i easily manage an average speed of 55km/hr through the week.
Thanks Akshay.

Doing 50kms of city driving in Bangalore is stressful.
100 + kms would be considered as suicidal.

Up north we are blessed with good wide roads with fast traffic.

Petes Door light - 1st bling bling stuff on my car.
Kpzen->Kpgetz->Kpfigo : Remapped Figo TDCi-306182_10152598383070389_1829337380_n.jpg
kpzen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2013, 12:03   #25
BHPian

Nice one Kpfigo! Glad to hear that the remap has made a difference! Also, how do you compare it to stock? I haven't seen or talked to a remapped figo owner, yet!

I wanted to mention something i didn't on my ownership review. The newer figo seems to retain similar characteristics to the older figo but somehow tends to accelerate real quick post 1400-1500rpm and this rush holds on to 2700-2800 rpm and it literally feels like its moving. This is something i didn't experience on the td car. Somehow i feel the newer figo has a better tuning as far as the ecu is concerned.
Old 5th April 2013, 15:54   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Petes Door light - 1st bling bling stuff on my car.
Many congratulations @Kpzen for your new ride. Looks very beautiful.
I also own Figo TDCI. mine is ZXI.
Just love this car & is a nicely packaged car by Ford.

Petes Door light is a lovely addition to your car. would love to see a closer snap of the inside door in the dark as well as in the daylight to understand it better.

Wish you zillion miles of happy & safe drive with Figo!
Old 5th April 2013, 22:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

ah! at last! Good to see your thread up and running. Exceptionally good pics. The new Figo gets better insulation, better power delivery and lower engine noise than the initial ones that i bought. The single horn was a grouse though for me. Not at all a real issue though.

Congrats. Look forward to your petes experience. Drive Safe.
Old 5th April 2013, 22:46   #28
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the Figo!

Has the remap lowered rpm's as well while cruising? For eg - At 100kmph, the stock Figo does it at 2,500 revs. Any changes on that front?

Quote:

Now a question to the Dear Mods.

Isn't it against the Forum rules to post about high speeds on public roads? I see that 3 Mods including GTO has thanked the post but has failed to edit it

I request one of the mods to edit the 1st post as per the forum rules.

No, I'm not being picky here but let us pls ensure that this forum is fair to everyone.
A click on report post button would have done the trick better
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 03:00   #29
Team-BHP Support

What's Pete's door light?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Congratulations on the Figo!

Has the remap lowered rpm's as well while cruising? For eg - At 100kmph, the stock Figo does it at 2,500 revs. Any changes on that front?
That's completely dependent on the gearing. How can it change because of nature of engine power delivery is changed?

By the way, my Punto 90 hp also does 100@2500 rpm- very high for a diesel engine IMO. Swift does it in 2200 rpm- and it shows in the refinement and mileage at cruising speeds.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 6th April 2013 at 03:02.
Old 6th April 2013, 09:50   #30
BHPian

Congrats kpzen! Figo is a great VFM car, but I was dissapointed with the front look in the facelifted car. However, with your teaser pics, I am also hooked on to this thread. Few more pics/ a detailed photoshoot would be appreciated.

I have a question about Pete's door light:
How does it work!? Is it through a door-sill-plate like thingy attatched on the underside of the doors, so that when the doors are opened, the 'Pete's' logo would be visible on the road/surface? What about the rear doors? Do they also have door light?

Drive safe.

Most Viewed