Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2013, 19:03   #31
BHPian

Re: Rene - The '13 Silver VW Vento 1.6 TDi Highline comes home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsingh007 View Post
Yes, the local alloy dealers have some sets with them , which they sell of dirt cheap ( around 10k/set) ..the alloys are usually of the people who upgrade the OEMs to aftermaket ones .
I have told them to contact me whenever they encounter polo 2012 alloys in good condition .
At 10k/set, it would be a great buy. Any idea about New Dzire's OEM alloys price?
I was quoted 30k for Aftermarket Alloys and Apollo tyres for Dzire.

Quote:
Another Quickie Question
is it necessary to install mudflaps on a car ?
If we don't get them installed what harm does it do ?
i like the look sans mudflaps
Nope. It is not necessary to install mud flaps.
They are to prevent the slush, mud, tar, etc. on the road which gets splashed to the car body by the tyres. Without them, your car will get dirty (around the doors) more easily and quickly. I advice you to add mud flaps, as there are some tar marks (maybe black paint) on my Alto (don't have mud flaps) which are damn hard to remove. You can paint them to body colour so that they don't stand out too much.

BTW I also like the look without mud flaps, but I got my set after thinking of my spine's look on cleaning the car!

Last edited by Loud : 21st April 2013 at 19:04.
Old 21st April 2013, 21:20   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
At 10k/set, it would be a great buy. Any idea about New Dzire's OEM alloys price?
I was quoted 30k for Aftermarket Alloys and Apollo tyres for Dzire.

Nope. It is not necessary to install mud flaps.
They are to prevent the slush, mud, tar, etc. on the road which gets splashed to the car body by the tyres. Without them, your car will get dirty (around the doors) more easily and quickly. I advice you to add mud flaps, as there are some tar marks (maybe black paint) on my Alto (don't have mud flaps) which are damn hard to remove. You can paint them to body colour so that they don't stand out too much.

BTW I also like the look without mud flaps, but I got my set after thinking of my spine's look on cleaning the car!
No idea about the new ones , i can help you source almost new dzire oem alloys from the local dealers here , they are usually sold dirt cheap (around 10k / set) which are, as I stated earlier, from cars of people who like more bling bling and shift to chrome alloys after trading their originals .

UPDATE
After Kagu 3D mats I have ordered autographix bumper/ side mirror protectors alongwith Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs online from Autotrends.in lets see how these fare ..I feel Osrams may fullfill my desire of brighter bulbs , if I am still not happy, ill go in for relays and 100/90 bulbs !
will post pics after installation of both .
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:30   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I am trying to source the original ones !
I had found 2 specimens , one was pre-2012 the other had a lot of scratches !
the hunt is on !

Mate meanwhile, why don't you also look for after market Alloys, they may also give a character to the ride, and may save on pockets also..
Old 22nd April 2013, 14:25   #34
BHPian

Quote:
No idea about the new ones , i can help you source almost new dzire oem alloys from the local dealers here , they are usually sold dirt cheap (around 10k / set) which are, as I stated earlier, from cars of people who like more bling bling and shift to chrome alloys after trading their originals .

UPDATE
After Kagu 3D mats I have ordered autographix bumper/ side mirror protectors alongwith Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs online from Autotrends.in lets see how these fare ..I feel Osrams may fullfill my desire of brighter bulbs , if I am still not happy, ill go in for relays and 100/90 bulbs !
will post pics after installation of both .
Thanks for the response, Rahul. I am out in the market searching for an AT Car for myself. DZire will be given to Dad, who is not at all interested in Alloys and Stuff.

I think these bumper protectors should be avoided. After some time, they start turning yellowish or develop dusty colour at the edges, which looks real bad. Anyways, you have ordered them, so try them out!
Q: How will you install the bulbs? DIY?
Old 23rd April 2013, 08:47   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
Mate meanwhile, why don't you also look for after market Alloys, they may also give a character to the ride, and may save on pockets also..
Aftermarket will be added when the car starts to feel a little old and rough

Quote:
Thanks for the response, Rahul. I am out in the market searching for an AT Car for myself. DZire will be given to Dad, who is not at all interested in Alloys and Stuff.

I think these bumper protectors should be avoided. After some time, they start turning yellowish or develop dusty colour at the edges, which looks real bad. Anyways, you have ordered them, so try them out!
Q: How will you install the bulbs? DIY?
AT Car ...which ones have you stortlisted !?

I feel the same about the bumper protectors , but I park my car in a private dead end lane , I dont know about the bumpers, but mirror protection is absolutely required as often the cars while reversing tend to brush with the mirrors !
Have you seen these autographix on any car ?
Bulbs will be a DIY most probably , I think there wont be much rocket science installing them ! on the Aveo they were dead easy , I hope these are easy too !
Old 23rd April 2013, 14:58   #36
BHPian

Quote:
AT Car ...which ones have you stortlisted !?
Well, I have zeroed down on the Honda City 1.5 S AT. Other contenders are VW Vento, Skoda Rapid and Hyundai Verna. My budget is about 10.5 L on-road.

Quote:
I feel the same about the bumper protectors , but I park my car in a private dead end lane , I dont know about the bumpers, but mirror protection is absolutely required as often the cars while reversing tend to brush with the mirrors !
Have you seen these autographix on any car ?
Bulbs will be a DIY most probably , I think there wont be much rocket science installing them ! on the Aveo they were dead easy , I hope these are easy too !
I have seen these protectors in a Ritz. They are not quite easily visible but look odd in daylight from certain angles. They were a complete set, I think. 4 large ones were on the front and rear bumpers, Smaller on the ORVMs and Smallest ones on the 4 fenders. No idea whether they were autographix ones!

Do post a pictorial process of the bulb install.
Cheers.
Loud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 21:36   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Well, I have zeroed down on the Honda City 1.5 S AT. Other contenders are VW Vento, Skoda Rapid and Hyundai Verna. My budget is about 10.5 L on-road.

I have seen these protectors in a Ritz. They are not quite easily visible but look odd in daylight from certain angles. They were a complete set, I think. 4 large ones were on the front and rear bumpers, Smaller on the ORVMs and Smallest ones on the 4 fenders. No idea whether they were autographix ones!

Do post a pictorial process of the bulb install.
Cheers.
Let me know If you narrow down on Vento , my friend owns the central delhi VW, will get you a mouthwatering deal
Besides that he was telling me about a 2012 Demo Vento Petrol AT for a very good price

Last edited by rahulsingh007 : 23rd April 2013 at 21:45.
rahulsingh007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2013, 15:38   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Let me know If you narrow down on Vento , my friend owns the central delhi VW, will get you a mouthwatering deal
Besides that he was telling me about a 2012 Demo Vento Petrol AT for a very good price
Yes, Vento would be a good choice. No demo cars, please! I will get a used car instead.
I may get a good deal from central delhi VW, but Problem is : 'My Dad's office friend is also getting me a deal at Skoda!'
So, most probably it is the Rapid AT.
Let's not go Off Topic!

Last edited by Loud : 24th April 2013 at 15:43.
Old 26th April 2013, 18:59   #39
BHPian

Hey mate,

Check out the Vento Style variant which is being launched by VW, it has similar alloys as Polo, also, the alloys on Polo TSI look amazing. Will definitely go well with your ride.
sawnilrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2013, 14:10   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Hey mate,

Check out the Vento Style variant which is being launched by VW, it has similar alloys as Polo, also, the alloys on Polo TSI look amazing. Will definitely go well with your ride.
Was this reply for me, buddy?
If yes, thank you for giving your suggestion. The alloys on the GT TSI look fabulous, as I saw in GTO's Polo review.
BTW, I have taken the delivery of 'Skoda Rapid MPI AT 1.6 Ambition' on 25th.
Please don't go OT, else the MODS will take action!
Old 27th April 2013, 18:41   #41
BHPian

Quote:
If yes, thank you for giving your suggestion. The alloys on the GT TSI look fabulous, as I saw in GTO's Polo review.
@ loud

Hey buddy, congrats on the car mate... Ya, the message was for you as well as Rahul Enjoy the drive buddy. Drive Safe
sawnilrules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2013, 12:28   #42
BHPian

UPDATE
Installed Autographicx Protectors on My Car !
Rene - The '13 Silver VW Vento 1.6 TDi Highline comes home!-20130427_190148.jpg

Rene - The '13 Silver VW Vento 1.6 TDi Highline comes home!-20130427_190200.jpg

Rene - The '13 Silver VW Vento 1.6 TDi Highline comes home!-20130427_190221.jpg

Rene - The '13 Silver VW Vento 1.6 TDi Highline comes home!-20130427_190521.jpg

Quote:
Congratulations ! waiting for the ownership report buddy!

Quote:
Hey mate,

I should have waited for the TSI , the engine is potent and so is the gearbox .
I am unable to find a decent pair of polo/ old vento alloys for the car , I have made a liking to the existing ones now !
The search is still on , but my hunter instinct has reduced !

I have also booked a Nissan Sunny
Will take delivery this coming weekend , don't expect an ownership review though !
It's basically the "ghodi" (read:workhorse) of the garage for the ladies to commute , I don't like them taking the vento !!

Last edited by rahulsingh007 : 28th April 2013 at 12:36.
rahulsingh007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2013, 14:43   #43
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE
Installed Autographicx Protectors on My Car !
Congrats! This looks like the exact set I once saw on a Ritz.
I think the strip on the front bumper should have been more protective on the lowest area (i.e. below the Airdam). I think this area is the front most part of the bumper. Correct me if I am wrong.

Quote:
Thanks, buddy! Don't expect an ownership report soon enough! I am yet to discover this car, since it has been just 2 days it has been tolerating me!
You know, I think it is better than Vento! Doesn't she look hot in Red?

Quote:
Will take delivery this coming weekend , don't expect an ownership review though !
Congrats again! Which colour?

Quote:
@ loud

Hey buddy, congrats on the car mate... Ya, the message was for you as well as Rahul Enjoy the drive buddy. Drive Safe
Thanks a ton, sawnilrules!
My right foot is enjoying the drive, but my left one stays unemployed!
Old 28th April 2013, 16:34   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats! This looks like the exact set I once saw on a Ritz.
I think the strip on the front bumper should have been more protective on the lowest area (i.e. below the Airdam). I think this area is the front most part of the bumper. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks, buddy! Don't expect an ownership report soon enough! I am yet to discover this car, since it has been just 2 days it has been tolerating me!
You know, I think it is better than Vento! Doesn't she look hot in Red?

Congrats again! Which colour?

Thanks a ton, sawnilrules!
My right foot is enjoying the drive, but my left one stays unemployed!
You are right about the front protector !
I will install one there too !

Skoda Rapid is a good car "almost" as good as the vento
Red color looks awesome too , atleast post some pictures of the beauty !

The colour of the sunny would be , Silver
I love silver, I don't know why : It's easy to maintain and classier and a little more exclusive than white !
Old 29th April 2013, 08:51   #45
BHPian

I should have waited for the TSI , the engine is potent and so is the gearbox .
I am unable to find a decent pair of polo/ old vento alloys for the car , I have made a liking to the existing ones now !
The search is still on , but my hunter instinct has reduced !

It's basically the "ghodi" (read:workhorse) of the garage for the ladies to commute , I don't like them taking the vento !![/quote]

Congrats on the caaaaar my friend. between, is it a petrol or a diesel motor

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks